Guiyuan Si Monastery, Wuhan, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Wuhan > Guiyuan Si Monastery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was built in the architectural style of the Quing Dinasty from 1658. The building system is very beautiful, although a little busy, there are both many monks and tourists.
You can't take photos inside the temple, but you can on the court and gardens, which are also wonderful. They also have a huge scripture collection of 7000 pieces, amazing!
Many of the Buddhist sutras and sculptures are the survivors of the Cultural Revolution.
Recent travel tips for China
- The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau IslandThe world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze, sitting in the traditional ‘do not fear mudra’ position. It was completed in 1993, [...]D: n/a01
- XintiandiShikumen, or stone gate houses, used to be the norm in the past in Shanghai, but most of them were razed to the ground to make way for modern buildings. One of the only places in Shanghai where you can still see them in Xintiandi, were the [...]D: n/a00
- Tiananmen Square in BeijingThe square is one of the most visited sights in Beijing, if not in China. It is a huge place, filled with locals and tourists alike and is the favored place of kite-fliers. You can watch many children running around, flying their kites. [...]D: n/a00
- Glamour BarMost of Shanghai's glamorous bars are located on the Bund, and this one is as glamorous as you can get. Glamour Bar (very appropriately named) describes itself as the sexiest bar in Shanghai. They even have a dress code, so you probably [...]D: 0.5mi00
- The Ramada Hotel in Hong KongA very comfortable, cozy hotel with great services, the Ramada was worth the money. We got a room on the 12th floor, and we had an excellent view of the city with its bustling everyday traffic. Our room was not so big, but it was really [...]D: 2mi00
Things about Wuhan you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Lindau Bodensee, Germany
While in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll...
General: Beautiful promenade and city hall
You should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close.
Sightseeing: The Escorial
The city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist...
Shopping: Shopping in city
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
Phang Nga Bay is located within an hour drive from the Phuket, here is what tourist could experience another side of the Thailand, away from the...
General: Top things to do in Phuket Thailand
Open for breakfast and dinner and located at the Disney Hotel, the Steakhouse 55 offers a wide variety of dishes including chicken, steak, seafood...
Food: Steakhouse 55
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
A must-see museum in every aspect is definitely the National Civil Rights Museum, located in the Lorraine Motel, where the great man, Martin Luther...
History & Culture: National Civil Rights Museum