Guiyuan Si Monastery, Wuhan, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Wuhan > Guiyuan Si Monastery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was built in the architectural style of the Quing Dinasty from 1658. The building system is very beautiful, although a little busy, there are both many monks and tourists.
You can't take photos inside the temple, but you can on the court and gardens, which are also wonderful. They also have a huge scripture collection of 7000 pieces, amazing!
Many of the Buddhist sutras and sculptures are the survivors of the Cultural Revolution.
Recent travel tips for China
- Fangshan Restaurant in BeijingWe've never tasted a deliciously and elaborately prepared meal such as the one we had at the Fangshan Restaurant in Beihai Park. This restaurant is famous for its imperial cuisine, serving dishes that were made for the emperors. The name of [...]D: n/a00
- Beijing HutongsHutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people. And because so many locals who lived in these hutongs were happy with their ways of life, it [...]D: 11.5mi00
- Victoria HarbourThis is something you definitely must see if you are in Hong Kong. Voctoria Harbour is simply fabulous and very busy. This is the greatest view onto the city you can ever imagine. You can see like fourty skyscrapers from here and the [...]D: 5.2mi00
- XintiandiShikumen, or stone gate houses, used to be the norm in the past in Shanghai, but most of them were razed to the ground to make way for modern buildings. One of the only places in Shanghai where you can still see them in Xintiandi, were the [...]D: n/a00
- Jingan TempleIn Shanghai, ancient temples nestled between high-rise buildings are not an uncommon sight. Jingan Temple, a Buddhist temple built in the 3rd century is practically dwarfed by the sky-scrapers that surround it. It is a small-ish temple, but [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Wuhan you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It's the best place in Salzburg if you want to taste traditional Austrian food. It is not expensive, but is one of the best restaurants in the city...
Food: Brüderlein fein
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you would ask me which attractions do I recommend you if you visit Sopron, it would be a hard question, because you can spend hours in the old...
Sightseeing: Walking in the old city center
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
# 1 Relaxed at untouched and idyllic beaches Not everyone are interested in crowded beach party places, there still some travelers who prefer a...
General: Top Luxury Experiences when Traveling in Cambodia
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I just love unique jewelry and especially those beautiful pieces that have a cultural connotation. And each time I travel abroad I like to take...
Shopping: Skip Maisel's
Food is excellent and they have the best prices in town during happy hour, many things for $1. Unbeatable. Staff is also great, the environment...
Food: Applebee's Neighborhood Bar and Grille
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz