Guiyuan Si Monastery, Wuhan, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Wuhan > Guiyuan Si Monastery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was built in the architectural style of the Quing Dinasty from 1658. The building system is very beautiful, although a little busy, there are both many monks and tourists.
You can't take photos inside the temple, but you can on the court and gardens, which are also wonderful. They also have a huge scripture collection of 7000 pieces, amazing!
Many of the Buddhist sutras and sculptures are the survivors of the Cultural Revolution.
Recent travel tips for China
- The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau IslandThe world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze, sitting in the traditional ‘do not fear mudra’ position. It was completed in 1993, [...]D: n/a01
- Nanjing RoadShanghai is a shopper's paradise, of that is no doubt. Any shopping mall in this city would make a shopping addict go crazy with glee, but there's nothing better than Nanjing Road, if you ask me. Nanjing Road is three and a [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Victoria HarbourThis is something you definitely must see if you are in Hong Kong. Voctoria Harbour is simply fabulous and very busy. This is the greatest view onto the city you can ever imagine. You can see like fourty skyscrapers from here and the [...]D: 5.2mi00
- The Great Wall of ChinaOne of the 7 wonders of the world and a man-made architectural sight that is visible from space, the Great Wall of China is a MUST-SEE if you travel to Beijing, or for that matter, to China. The wall has various stopping points where you [...]D: n/a00
- Shanghai Zhongshan ParkZhongshan Park is a generic name given to parks in China, and every city has at least one of them. Shanghai Zhongshan Park is not the best park in the city, but is it worth checking out in you happen to be in the area. The most interesting [...]D: 5.8mi00
Things about Wuhan you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
For me, the best shop was a chocolate shop. You can find it if you head to the train station starting from the center of the city. If you find it,...
Shopping: Chocolate shop in Szentendre
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
This museum, though not a big one, hosts first-class exhibitions from various Eastern cultures, like Egypt, Mesopotamia, India even Japan and China...
History & Culture: The Gulbenkian Museum
Originally the home of sports games in the Byzantine period, the Hippodrome has been later converted into a park. It is open to the public all day...
Sightseeing: Byzantine Hippodrome
Fort Worth, Texas
There so many beautiful, modern and eclectic collections in the Kimbell Art Museum that you don't know which ones to see first. The Picasso...
History & Culture: Kimbell Art Museum
Los Angeles, California
Nice place to eat if you are into some not so average American food. At this place you'll get some nice Hummus, Pita and other middle eastern food....