Asian Art Museum, Seattle, Washington
Travel tips > North America > United States > Seattle > Asian Art Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum itself is not very big, but really great. Some of the permanent exhibitions and objects include Korean, Chinese and Japanese items from a wide historical period, one of the richest and most valuable collections outside Asia.
They have a great exhibit of Buddha sculptures from all over the Hindu world, a beautiful snuff-bottle and jade collection from China and many other amazing things.
The museum is cheap and beautiful and the staff very friendly and helpful. Asian Art Museum is definitely a must-see in Seattle.
Seattle Asian Art Museum, 1400 E Prospect St, Seattle, WA 98112-3303, USA
Children under 12: free
Hours vary, better check the website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Seattle
- Amber ReastaurantAfter the management was changed (and the name, from Axis to Amber), the whole interior of the place was redesigned. The bar area is much larger now than it was before allowing a larger variety of drinks to be displayed and served. :) [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Alibi Room in SeattleAlibi Room is a great place with double purpose. It is a nice restaurant during the day, but in the evening it transforms into a fantastic club and dancing paradise. We were only once here in daytime, for lunch and it was pleasant and [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Julia's Indonesian KitchenJulia's Indonesian Kitchen is a great great place with the coziest atmosphere in Seattle. It is run by a family and their specialty is traditional Indonesian cuisine - as the name suggests. :P Prices are good and so is the service. You [...]D: 4.1mi00
- The Fremont TrollFremont is a funky, hip little neighborhood in Seattle filled with great bars and restaurants. What lots of people don't know is that when you go under the bridge there is a giant troll! The troll is a statue but it is really big. It's [...]D: 25.9mi00
- Pnk Restaurant & Ultra LoungePnk Restaurant & Ultra Lounge is located on the 4th level in the Pacific Place Shopping Center in Downtown Seattle. pnk is one of Seattle's premier locations for lunch, after work appetizers and cocktails, dinner with good friends and late [...]D: 2.9mi01
Things about Seattle you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
This is something you really shouldn't miss. The building of the State Opera House in Budapest is one of the most beautiful ones in the city. The...
Night Life & Entertainment: State Opera House
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
The best time to visit Jaipur is during Sept-Oct or during the Feb-March months.
General: Best time to travel
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Hua Hin, Thailand
When staying at Hua Hin, you would be at times overwhelmed by its sheer beauty and all that it has to offer as a holiday getaway. It would serve...
General: When staying at Hua Hin
They may have the best steaks in Bakersfield, and being a popular place, the Hungry Hunter Steakhouse was well-packed when we went there to dine. ...
Food: Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
What an excellent wine list they have at the Jean Ferris Winery. I don't think you might find such good wines anywhere in the near area. They...
Food: Jean Farris Winery
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...