Tennessee State Museum, Nashville, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Nashville > Tennessee State Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It has three floors but it doesn't take more than an hour and a half to cover everything. Watch the videos in some sections, they are pretty good. From Native Americans, to early settlers and pioneers to the modern aspect of the state, this museum shows something from each era. Don't miss it!
5th Ave N & Deaderick St, Nashville, TN 37219, USA
Free except for some temporary exhibitions.
Tue-Sat: 10am to 5pm.
Sun: 1pm - 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Nashville
- Sunset GrillWith a wide variety of dishes both for lunch and dinner, the Sunset Grill is a popular destination. They have everything one could desire, except maybe sushi and Asian food, but what they have is definitely worth a taste. Their service was [...]D: 8.2mi00
- San Antonio Taco CoFounded by two Vanderbilt university students, San Antonio Taco Co, also called Satco became a popular and renowned Tex-Mex restaurant in Nashville. The young and yet still traditional atmosphere of the place is quite welcoming and you [...]D: 7.7mi00
- Ryman AuditoriumA historic landmark of Nashville, the Ryman Auditorium is a beautiful building with great acoustics. Though the fee for the guided tour is not so much, it would be more fun if you would purchase a ticket to one the shows that is held in the [...]D: 6.2mi00
- Grand Ole OpryThe most amazing show and entertainment hall I've ever seen and experienced. No wonder they made history by making country music famous! The Grand Ole Pry deserves the praise. The behind-the-stage tour is exciting and informative, and [...]D: 1mi00
- Bluebird CafeThis amazing little local is the place where country singers have played at least once in their life time. The Bluebird Cafe has seen artists like Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood performing on its stage, not to mention the real [...]D: 12.1mi00
Things about Nashville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote...
General: Hotel Ambos Mundos in Havana
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
Located between Milan and Venice, the city of Romeo and Juliet is popular for its historical monuments and wonderful landscapes. This city has a...
History & Culture: A Land with Attractions in Diversity
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
A popular sight in Brasov is Cetatuia (Little Fortress) build in the medieval ages and restored in the 1980's. Inside there is a restaurant really...
Sightseeing: Little Fortress (Cetatuia)
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING
San Antonio, Texas
Originally found by four university students in 1960, the Natural Bridge Caverns is now San Antonio's most major attraction. Several tours are...
Sightseeing: Natural Bridge Caverns
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing