Tennessee State Museum, Nashville, Tennessee
Travel tips > North America > United States > Nashville > Tennessee State Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It has three floors but it doesn't take more than an hour and a half to cover everything. Watch the videos in some sections, they are pretty good. From Native Americans, to early settlers and pioneers to the modern aspect of the state, this museum shows something from each era. Don't miss it!
5th Ave N & Deaderick St, Nashville, TN 37219, USA
Free except for some temporary exhibitions.
Tue-Sat: 10am to 5pm.
Sun: 1pm - 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Nashville
- Nashville Centennial ParkA beautiful place where you can relax, take a stroll to clear your head or watch a free event, the Nashville Centennial Park is a city landmark. The Parthenon is the most popular aspect of the park, though the garden and the lake with the [...]D: 8.2mi00
- Sunset GrillWith a wide variety of dishes both for lunch and dinner, the Sunset Grill is a popular destination. They have everything one could desire, except maybe sushi and Asian food, but what they have is definitely worth a taste. Their service was [...]D: 8.2mi00
- Ryman AuditoriumA historic landmark of Nashville, the Ryman Auditorium is a beautiful building with great acoustics. Though the fee for the guided tour is not so much, it would be more fun if you would purchase a ticket to one the shows that is held in the [...]D: 6.2mi00
- Belmont MansionWith no advanced reservation (except for groups larger than 10), the Belmont Mansion can be toured every day until 4pm. It takes only about an hour, maybe more if you want to visit the gift shop too. The story of the house's owner is [...]D: 8.2mi00
- Whitt's BarbecueA traditional and highly popular diner amongst locals, Whitt's Barbecue is a simple, down-to-earth and welcoming restaurant that has the best barbecue in town. Their dishes are prepared with fresh ingredients, you can choose from [...]D: 9.9mi00
Things about Nashville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Old Montreal is the historic district of the famous city and can be viewed individually or with the help of a guide. We could choose from a 30,...
Outdoors Activities: Vieux Montréal
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
Take a look at the 'Zeppelin museum' in the city center, at the lake of constance. Afterwards you can enjoy the promenade at the lake.
General: Take a look what the city has got to offer
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
If you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour.
Public Transportation: Reaching other cities from Gythion
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
Raleigh, North Carolina
We went to see the oldest and the most famous house in Raleigh where the United State's 17th President, Andrew Johnson, was born. It is located...
History & Culture: Mordecai Historic Park