La Alcazaba, Malaga, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Malaga > La Alcazaba
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was built in the 11the century and is located on the top of the hill with a great view over the whole city and the ocean as well. It was partly inspired by the Alhambra of Granada in it's style, but it's nothing less magnificent and beautiful.
It has three palaces inside the fortification and several wonderful Arab gardens with beautifully ornamented fountains. These gardens by the way are the most beautiful between April and July. Also there are more gates that you will see during your walk, all decorated with columns, which make your tour even more pleasant.
Calle Alcazabilla, 2
Free on Sunday afternoons.
Closed on Mondays.
Summer: 9:30 - 20:00
Winter: 8:30 - 19:00
Recent travel tips for Malaga
- El Tintero IIThis is an awesome restaurant right by the beach. It's all about seafood and I would not exactly call it, great atmosphere or a place to go to with your loved one.This is a friends' hangout where you go with at least 5-6 people and [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Malaga CathedralThis is a Cathedral that was built on top of an arabic mosque after the Cristians came into this region of Spain. The Catedral de la Encarnacion was built in the 16th Century and is a very beautiful reminder of how rich and powerful the [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Renting a Car in MalagaRenting a car in Malaga is easy. Either you get your car at the Airport or right in the city. There are several car rental places at the train station which is quite convenient to get to. [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Walk around in the old city centerThe Malaga city center is very beautiful. It's made up of many old houses. You can really see the amount of money that Spain once had from the colonial times. I personally love all the beautiful windows and balconies all over the place [...]D: 0.3mi00
More travel tips about MalagaWe only have a few travel tips for Malaga so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Malaga you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
If you visit Stuttgart by car, use one of the many parking lots with S-Bahn connection. Because in the city center it´s hard to find parking space.
Public Transportation: Park and Ride
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
I cannot say too much about Katerini, but I can assure you that you will regret if you miss out its park in the middle of the town! It is a...
Outdoors Activities: Beautiful park in the center of Katerini
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Luxury Travel Vietnam - May 2015: This three day trip lets you discover the marvels of the Angkor Complex, including Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat,...
History & Culture: Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel Vietnam
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Manhattan Beach, California
When you're in Manhattan Beach, make sure you go down to the pier and walk all the way to Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach and back. It's just a...
General: Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach