La Alcazaba, Malaga, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Malaga > La Alcazaba
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was built in the 11the century and is located on the top of the hill with a great view over the whole city and the ocean as well. It was partly inspired by the Alhambra of Granada in it's style, but it's nothing less magnificent and beautiful.
It has three palaces inside the fortification and several wonderful Arab gardens with beautifully ornamented fountains. These gardens by the way are the most beautiful between April and July. Also there are more gates that you will see during your walk, all decorated with columns, which make your tour even more pleasant.
Calle Alcazabilla, 2
Free on Sunday afternoons.
Closed on Mondays.
Summer: 9:30 - 20:00
Winter: 8:30 - 19:00
Recent travel tips for Malaga
- Malaga CathedralThis is a Cathedral that was built on top of an arabic mosque after the Cristians came into this region of Spain. The Catedral de la Encarnacion was built in the 16th Century and is a very beautiful reminder of how rich and powerful the [...]D: 0.4mi00
- El Tintero IIThis is an awesome restaurant right by the beach. It's all about seafood and I would not exactly call it, great atmosphere or a place to go to with your loved one.This is a friends' hangout where you go with at least 5-6 people and [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Walk around in the old city centerThe Malaga city center is very beautiful. It's made up of many old houses. You can really see the amount of money that Spain once had from the colonial times. I personally love all the beautiful windows and balconies all over the place [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Renting a Car in MalagaRenting a car in Malaga is easy. Either you get your car at the Airport or right in the city. There are several car rental places at the train station which is quite convenient to get to. [...]D: 1.2mi00
More travel tips about MalagaWe only have a few travel tips for Malaga so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Malaga you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Hutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people....
Sightseeing: Beijing Hutongs
In Konstanz gibt es viele Museen, Theater, Kunst und Bauwerke, so wie das Rathaus oder das Schnetztor.
General: Museen, Theater und Rathaus
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
Miami Beach, Florida
This restaurant has the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overprized. ...
Food: Azul – Best wine list, worst cuisine in Miami