La Alcazaba, Malaga, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Malaga > La Alcazaba
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was built in the 11the century and is located on the top of the hill with a great view over the whole city and the ocean as well. It was partly inspired by the Alhambra of Granada in it's style, but it's nothing less magnificent and beautiful.
It has three palaces inside the fortification and several wonderful Arab gardens with beautifully ornamented fountains. These gardens by the way are the most beautiful between April and July. Also there are more gates that you will see during your walk, all decorated with columns, which make your tour even more pleasant.
Calle Alcazabilla, 2
Free on Sunday afternoons.
Closed on Mondays.
Summer: 9:30 - 20:00
Winter: 8:30 - 19:00
Recent travel tips for Malaga
- Renting a Car in MalagaRenting a car in Malaga is easy. Either you get your car at the Airport or right in the city. There are several car rental places at the train station which is quite convenient to get to. [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Malaga CathedralThis is a Cathedral that was built on top of an arabic mosque after the Cristians came into this region of Spain. The Catedral de la Encarnacion was built in the 16th Century and is a very beautiful reminder of how rich and powerful the [...]D: 0.4mi00
- El Tintero IIThis is an awesome restaurant right by the beach. It's all about seafood and I would not exactly call it, great atmosphere or a place to go to with your loved one.This is a friends' hangout where you go with at least 5-6 people and [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Walk around in the old city centerThe Malaga city center is very beautiful. It's made up of many old houses. You can really see the amount of money that Spain once had from the colonial times. I personally love all the beautiful windows and balconies all over the place [...]D: 0.3mi00
More travel tips about MalagaWe only have a few travel tips for Malaga so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Malaga you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
Don't forget to document each of your travel. Always bring your cameras or videocam for photos and video of your trip.
General: Los Angeles
Once you visit Disneyland in Anaheim, you just have to go and dine at the Napa Rose Restaurant, located in the Grand Californian Hotel Resort. The...
Food: Napa Rose Restaurant
Buffalo, New York
One of the masterpieces of Frank Lloyd Wright, the Darwin D. Martin House Complex is an amazing collection of buildings and outdoor areas built in...
Sightseeing: Darwin D. Martin House Complex
One of the main attractions of Tampa, I would say, apart maybe from the Busch Garden adventure park. At the Lowry Park Zoo a wide range of animals...
Family & Fun: Lowry Park Zoo
I've never been on a hot air balloon and most certainly never been in the air with it, so taking part at the Tucson Balloon Rides was the most...
Sightseeing: Tucson Balloon Rides