Mary Todd Lincoln House, Lexington, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Lexington > Mary Todd Lincoln House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We enjoyed looking around the various rooms, seeing how the family lived during the first half of the 19th century. Everything is well kept with even some personal belongings of Abraham Lincoln itself.
578 W Main St, Lexington, KY 40507, USA
$9 for adults, $4 for kids
Mon-Sat: 10am-4pm (March-November)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Lexington
- KeenelandEven if you're not a big racing fan, a visit to Keeneland is still worth your time. The admission is only $5 and if you aren't planning on parking near the entrance, than there's no charge for you. The grounds are really [...]D: 9.9mi00
- Ashland: The Henry Clay EstateVisiting Ashland: The Henry Clay Estate just for the exterior of the house and the grounds around it would have been worth a trip for me. The house itself is still beautiful though it has been around for centuries. Inside there are about 18 [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Taj India Indian RestaurantFor a really good, quite authentic Indian cuisine you definitely have to visit the Taj India Indian Restaurant. They serve such delicious dishes, that you can't stop saying 'yummi'! :) They have many specialties to choose from, [...]D: 3mi10
- Stella's Kentucky DeliThey so many sandwiches and burgers to choose from at Stella's Kentucky Deli that you get confused when you get to the end and still don't know which one to order. I bet each of them are as good as the one I chose: Reuben corned [...]D: 4.3mi10
- Raven Run Nature SanctuaryGetting away from the city into a wilderness that has so much to offer is always a new challenge. Near Lexington the Raven Run Nature Sanctuary has various hiking trails, paved walks and though not a huge park it is still big enough for you [...]D: 11.8mi00
Things about Lexington you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Lindau Bodensee, Germany
While in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll...
General: Beautiful promenade and city hall
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
ISLANDA AEREO + CAMPER A NOLEGGIO 1 Italia Islanda Arrivo in Islanda al tardi pomeriggio, pernottamento in hotel 2 Rejkjavick - Skogafoss ...
General: Italia Islanda
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
This Museum is a great place to know more about the Chinese origin in Johor Bahru. This would be the ideal place if you would like to know more...
History & Culture: Chinese Heritage Muesum
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
Picturesque and worthwhile, the National Taiwan Memorial Hall is an imposing building surrounded by gardens and parkways along a 62-acres land. ...
History & Culture: National Taiwan Memorial Hall
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro