German Village in Columbus, Ohio
Travel tips > North America > United States > Columbus > German Village in Columbus
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The traditional and historical district of Columbus offers a wide variety of activities and sights for the curious ones. You can learn more about the German settlers, have a coffee in one of the restaurants that have there since years or walk the streets just snapping pictures. It a great way to spend your time in Columbus.
588 S 3rd St, Columbus, OH 43206, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Columbus
- Northstar CafeLocated at both ends of Columbus, the Northstar Cafe is a top-notch cafe that serves delicious pastries, food and has a high-standard service. Their ingredients are fresh from the market, the passion for the food is shown is the [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Franklin Park ConservatoryHome of a wide variety of exotic plants and other amazing exhibits, the Franklin Park Conservatory is a must-see in Columbus. The most amazing exhibition that we saw in the park (and which ends on the 14th of Nov.) was the Savage Garden [...]D: 11.2mi00
- Easton Town CenterThe modern part of the city, Easton Town Center is the mecca of shops, restaurants, hotels for tourists and other visitors. The buildings with a new, modern design are a great attraction, not to mention the famous brand stores, [...]D: 6.9mi00
- Kelton House Museum & GardenWhenever I'm in a new city I always look for original historical establishments because those are the ones that can truly give you an insight of how life was years, centuries ago.So a visit to the Kelton House Museum & Gardens was [...]D: 10.9mi00
- Columbus COSIThe best science museum for all ages. We visited the Columbus COSI ( Center of Science and Industry) a few weeks back and we had a really great time there. There are so many interactive exhibitions, mostly for children that you can easily [...]D: 10.8mi00
Things about Columbus you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Burj Al Arab is supposed to be the most expensive hotel in the world. When I went there I told the guard that I was in Dubai for a travel...
Sightseeing: Burj Al Arab
We didn't get bored not for a minute on the Island of Ste-Hélène when we visited Montreal last summer. There were so many people and things to...
Outdoors Activities: Île Ste-Hélène on Saint Lawrence River
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
At the very top of one of the surrounding mountains in Quito you will find a very big statue of the Virgin Mary standing on a dragon with a leash...
Sightseeing: Mirador Panecillo
Seoul, South Korea
You get a beautiful view of the city of Seoul and also its surroundings from the observation deck of the Seoul Tower. We were really lucky that we...
Sightseeing: Seoul Tower
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Buffalo, New York
The sight that greets you once you enter the glass-doomed greenhouse is breathtaking. So many colors and frangrances are in the Erie County...
Sightseeing: Erie County Botanical Gardens
If you've seen the movie or know about the famous race horse Secretariat, than you would probably wouldn't want to miss a trip to the...
Family & Fun: Kentucky Horse Park