Zurich Nightlife, Switzerland
This prosperous financial center is not just a busy place in the morning sun. It also gives a lot of entertainment where you could spend the night away. The people of Zurich welcome visitors with open arms and give them that particular comfort every tourist is looking for.
Bars and pubs
Zurich’s bars and pubs will just give you the chill you exactly want. You could enjoy a wide variety of sodas and other drinks plus fill your stomach’s delight with a variety of dishes that they offer. Some of the famous bars in the place are:
· 2 Akt. This place becomes restless during nighttime as youngsters flood the place for their typical gimmick. Once the disk jockey spins state-of-the art music, the young ones go wild and dance to their hearts content. If you want the same kind of nightlife, you are invited to visit this place. The pub is open Mondays to Saturdays from 9 am to 4 am and on Sundays from 5 pm to 2 am.
· Blaue Ente. This place is known for its restaurant but young professionals come to the place for its bar. The bar is on high-tech setting and serves ice cold beer. You may visit the place anytime from Mondays to Fridays at 12 noon to 2 pm then from 5 pm to midnight. On Saturdays, the bar is open from 4pm to 12:30 am.
· James Joyce Pub. This place was acquired by the Union Bank of Switzerland in the 1970’s and was reassembled and named after the famous Dublin settler, James Joyce. It has a delightful menu of fish and chips, hamburgers and fried chicken legs. It is open from Mondays to Fridays at 11 am to 12:30 am and on Saturdays from 11:30 am to 6 pm.
The Music scene
If listening to live bands and other types of music gives you the idea of a good nightlife, you may want to explore the clubs found in Zurich. Among the famous night spots are:
· Bierhalle Wolf. The club has 160 seats and is the best-known beer-hall in Zurich. The place is filled with various folk music as some local performers play their instruments like the tuba, accordion, clarinet, bass and saxophone. The place is open daily from 11 am to 2 am of the following day.
· Casa-Bar. This is a place for New Orleans jazz and at times, it also features some rhythm and blues music of the 50’s and the 60’s. The club could accommodate as much as 60 people and is open daily from 5 pm to 2 am.
Other nightlife venues
You may also want to have a taste of the place’s performing arts. For this particular kind of entertainment, you may go for some of Zurich’s most popular choices like the Operahaus, Schauspielhaus, and the Tonhalle Gesellschaft.
Another unique form of nightlife in Zurich is the lesbian and gay bars. If you want to get some idea on how these areas work, you may visit the likes of Barfusser, Cranberry’s and the Pigalle Bar.
Things about Zurich you may be interested in
Read our members' reviews about Zurich
- Visit Zurich with a lot of money
review by MadSuh posted more then 30 days ago
Zurich is one of the richest cities in Europe and it is also very expensive so when you go, make sure you take plenty of money with you because you will surely spend it. By the way, the currency of Switzerland is the Swiss Franc. It is perfectly located in a valley with a large lake and mountains...
Read our members' travel tips about Zurich
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Members Who Have Been to Zurich
Community Galleries About Zurich
- flighthub.com$465Tap airwaysInbound
Boston, MA (BOS) → Zurich, CH (ZRH)
11/17/2017 08:00 pmOutbound
Zurich, CH (ZRH) → Boston, MA (BOS)
11/26/2017 12:05 pm
- flightnetwork.com$502Tap airwaysInbound
Newark, NJ (EWR) → Zurich, CH (ZRH)
01/26/2017 06:30 pmOutbound
Zurich, CH (ZRH) → Newark, NJ (EWR)
02/02/2017 01:30 pm
- flightnetwork.com$514Thy Turkish AirlinesInbound
Chicago, IL (ORD) → Zurich, CH (ZRH)
01/25/2017 09:20 pmOutbound
Zurich, CH (ZRH) → Chicago, IL (ORD)
02/01/2017 06:45 pm