Copenhagen Sights and Landmarks Guide, Denmark
Copenhagen is one of the oldest cities in Europe. This capital city of Denmark is also the biggest and most significant city in the country. It boasts of its wonderful historical and cultural heritages as well as other entertainment sights.Historical and Cultural Sights
Copenhagen has a rich heritage when it comes to history and culture. These are transformed into museums and other landmarks for everyone to witness. Some of the must-visit places under this category are:
· Den Lille Havfrue. This refers to the Little Mermaid Statue that gives a picture of the character in the fairy tale written by Hans Christian Andersen. Most tourists who are visiting Copenhagen want to see this remarkable sight.
· Orlogsmuseet. Also known as the Royal Naval Museum, this spot depicts the maritime history of the city. It has a display of over 300 model ships - some of these are made in the 1500’s.
· Rosenborg Slot. This palace is a symbol of the Renaissance Era. Since its construction in 1633, this place has not been refurbished at all. This is home to all the artifacts and treasures of the Danish Royal Family.
· Kunstindustrimuseet. This is the Museum of Decorative and Applied Art. The building is of Rococo style. Apart from being a museum, it is also considered as one of the historical sites in the city. Visitors can see mostly modern Danish furniture and fabrics.
· Rundetårn. If you want to have a scenic view of the whole city, you can climb this Round Tower. This was built in 1642 and its architectural style is European. A telescope is also available for visitors who want to look at the night sky. Climbing the top would not be as exhausting as other people expect because instead of steps, the trail is a spiral ramp.Amusement and Entertainment Sights
Aside from cultural and historical attractions, Copenhagen also houses a wide selection of amusement parks, recreational centers and gardens. Included along this category are:
· Botanisk Have. This garden occupies 10 hectares of land in the country. It can be found near the Rosenborg Slot. Visitors can see a wide array of tropical and subtropical plants.
· Frilandmuseet. This Open-Air Museum is a combination of a museum and park. It is one of the oldest and biggest open air museums all over the globe. Touring this area is like being transported to another era.
· Eskperimentarium. This hands-on Science Centre is the most interactive Nordic museum. With over 300 interactive exhibitions and demonstration, visitors should expect to use all their senses while exploring.
· Dansk Design Centre. This five-storey center has a smoked-glass facade. The exhibits are mostly avant-garde. The works displayed here are not just creation of Danes but other designers from across the globe with modernized outlook about designs.The travel destinations mentioned above are just but examples of the best things yet in Copenhagen. It is noteworthy that this city has other things to offer. You may explore their numerous sights while taking your trip.
Things about Copenhagen you may be interested in
Read our members' reviews about Copenhagen
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Copenhagen
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Members Who Have Been to Copenhagen
Community Galleries About Copenhagen
- cheapoair.com$385Iceland AirInbound
New York, NY (JFK) → Copenhagen, DK (CPH)
01/11/2021 07:30 pmOutbound
Copenhagen, DK (CPH) → New York, NY (JFK)
01/19/2021 01:05 pm
- cheapoair.com$416Multiple AirlinesInbound
Newark, NJ (EWR) → Copenhagen, DK (CPH)
12/27/2020 08:20 pmOutbound
Copenhagen, DK (CPH) → Newark, NJ (EWR)
01/06/2021 06:50 am
- cheapoair.com$547Multiple AirlinesInbound
Las Vegas, NV (LAS) → Copenhagen, DK (CPH)
04/13/2021 11:05 amOutbound
Copenhagen, DK (CPH) → Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
04/28/2021 12:10 pm