Edmonton Sights and Landmarks Guide, Alberta
Edmonton is a city in the province of Alberta, Canada. It is considered as the fifth biggest metropolitan area in the country. There are a lot of sights to behold in this dazzling city.Historical and Cultural Attractions
Edmonton is rich in historical and cultural heritages. People can witness and learn about these things through some of the landmarks and tourist spots that the city has.
· Royal Alberta Museum. This is a modern museum. It exhibits the history of the people of Alberta. It has three permanent galleries. One is the Wild Alberta which shows natural history with the help of some interactive materials. Another is the Gallery of Aboriginal Culture which informs the ancient history of Alberta and its people. Last is the Natural History Gallery which displays minerals and fossils, plus a live-bug room.
· Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village. This place shows the rich heritage of people from Ukraine who became immigrants of Canada. A show complete with costume, presents the history, culture and language of Ukraine.
· Fort Edmonton Park. This park shows the history of Edmonton through the re-enactment of four different eras. One area shows the old Fort Edmonton fur trading post which dates back to the early 18th century. Another is the Frontier Edmonton which shows saloons and stores from the year 1885. Agricultural growth is revealed in the 1905 Street. Lastly, on 1920 Street, the condition of rural West during the World War I can be seen.Entertainment and Recreational Attractions
The beautiful city of Edmonton features various places for everyone to enjoy. With their entertainment and recreational attractions, you are about to explore the city in its best:
· West Edmonton Mall. This is the largest mall all over the world. It has over 800 stores and more than 100 diners. In addition to that, this mall has an amusement park inside which is also considered the biggest indoor theme park across the globe. Facilities include gigantic roller coaster, aviaries, skating rink, wave-lake, lagoon, and a lot more. This is truly a must-see sight when travelling around the city.
· Odyssium. It is also known as the TELUS World of Science. This interactive center will surely bring a smile to everyone’s faces - young or old. It has five permanent galleries: Body Fantastic which takes guest on a tour all the way through the human body; Mystery Avenue where you can solve a crime; Greens’ House which informs you about the environment; Space Place which includes the biggest planetarium in the country; and DiscoveryLand which has high-tech exhibits.
· Muttart Conservatory. Walking and having a picnic are not the only things that you can do in this park. This panoramic place displays four unique glass pyramids which are the Tropical Pyramid, the Arid Pyramid, the Temperate Pyramid and the Show Pyramid.
Edmonton is really an interesting place. You could take a glimpse of its culture and history with a lot of other things to do. Recreation and entertainment are also good manifestations of what the entire city could give.
Things about Edmonton you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read our members' reviews about Edmonton
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Edmonton
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Vancouver, BC (YVR) → Edmonton, AB (YEG)
06/03/2019 10:00 amOutbound
Edmonton, AB (YEG) → Vancouver, BC (YVR)
06/17/2019 07:00 am
- flyfar.ca$262Alaska AirlinesInbound
Seattle, WA (SEA) → Edmonton, AB (YEG)
06/13/2019 02:45 pmOutbound
Edmonton, AB (YEG) → Seattle, WA (SEA)
06/22/2019 01:35 pm
Regina, SK (YQR) → Edmonton, AB (YEG)
06/03/2019 12:45 pmOutbound
Edmonton, AB (YEG) → Regina, SK (YQR)
06/13/2019 08:30 am