Sao Luis Sights and Landmarks Guide, Brazil
Celebrate Sao Luis, Brazil: Sights You Can't Miss
Sao Luis is Brazil's jewel of a city. The French influence in the city's dazzling colonial structures, palaces, and magnificent churches continue to awe tourists craving for a unique holiday experience. They are not disappointed during their stay in this historical city where the best of African and Portuguese influences can be relished in the city’s festive celebrations, architecture, sights, and culture.
Where to Visit When in Sao Luis
If you are going to this dream town, better take stock of your options because a day or a week is not enough for a magical stay in this part of Brazil. Sometimes you get so caught up with one place that you miss the sights in other parts of Sao Luis. To get you going, here is a list of must-see places to get your money’s worth for your great holiday.
• Sao Luis’ Centro Historico - before you head to the beaches or to the less-beaten paths, explore the city’s historical heritage. Walk along the old streets where ancient Portuguese conquistadors roamed. Be amazed at the old but romantic churches, fountains, plazas, monuments that have been committed to the town’s memory of a checkered past. The architectural details of colonial days, the pomp and glory of Portuguese grandeur, and the vibrant atmosphere make your sightseeing worthwhile.
Sao Luis, Brazil has white sandy beaches where you can hang out:
• Praia da Ponta d’ Areia is lined with hotels, restaurants, and is a hub for countless reggae clubs. Only 4 kilometers from the downtown area, it explains why this is the most populated beach.
• Praia de Sao Marcos is the place where the young and beautiful spend their time. The interesting nightlife here adds to the glamour and excitement of this beach strip.
• Praia do Calhau in Litoranea beats all the beaches around with its stunning view. The resorts and hotels here provide the best accommodation for beach lovers, families, and couples on their honeymoon.
• Praia d Olho de Agua is the beach for wind surfing and sailing. From July to December the place is packed with avid surfers and sailing aficionados.
• Bairros de Praia Grande is the busy beach district where young people love to watch the view on the beach. Hotels along the strip provide a view of the wide expanse of the sand and sea.
Visit the Lagoa da Jansen, an ecological park that is home to a breathtaking lagoon and a thousand square meters occupied by bike paths, jogging trails, sports areas, and restaurants. On Mirante Lagoa, you get to view the panoramic vista of the city. A local tourist guide can help you get around the city and nearby towns for a comprehensive sightseeing tour.
Things about Sao Luis you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read our members' reviews about Sao Luis
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Sao Luis
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.