Walls, lookouts and gateways, Cadiz, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Cadiz > Walls, lookouts and gateways
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can see it wherever you go is the city and on the coast. The high walls used to protect the city from the enemies' battleships but they still look like they are capable of that.
The walls are high and thick, so you can walk on them, it's great feeling. There are also beautiful and old lookouts and gateways that worth some photographing.
There are also numerous fortresses in the and near the city which you can visit. Some of the most beautiful are Satna Catalina and Sain Sebastian.
It's all over the city.
Recent travel tips for Spain
- Alcazar de los Reyes CristianosThis castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having the same name. Later it became the residence of the Spanish monarch. It was this palace [...]D: 1mi00
- The town of ZamoraThe town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the number of Romanesque Churches that it has. its a very small town that can be seen in a day, [...]D: n/a00
- Barcelona itineraryA good way to discover the city it is to do a theme itinerary, in this page http://www.world-rt.com/travel/theme-barcelona.php there are 12 different itineraries, all written by a local guy, that we can choose, very interesting [...]D: 0.4mi00
- CatedralThe Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and was probably the largest scale projects of the time. The Cathedral is amazing, both from the [...]D: 5mi00
- The chocolate factory and other fascinating sightsA very walkable cosmopolitan city and extremely pleasant in February. Fantastic food, fun and great people, be sure to take a walking tour of the chocolate factory. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Cadiz you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Next Saturday, March 3, will kick off the Lual the Falls and innovative format, which promises to be a new option to ride in Niagara Falls that are...
General: Don´t Miss II
Frankfurt Am Main, Germany
(_) (_) /_ _______/
Outdoors Activities: Rostyslav
If you are in the city around the end of april, you should visit the biggest procession of riders in europe. It is called 'the Blutritt', because...
History & Culture: The Blutritt
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
When you arrive at the Bear's Cave, you have to pay a little parking fee, but you benefits for it a shaded cold parking zone.
General: Parking at Bear's Cave
Phang Nga Bay is located within an hour drive from the Phuket, here is what tourist could experience another side of the Thailand, away from the...
General: Top things to do in Phuket Thailand
It was quite a thrill to get on a go-kart and race my friends, I haven't done that before and I was so excited. The staff at K1 Indoor Karting...
Family & Fun: K1 Indoor Karting
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
One of the most imposing buildings of the early years of Tampa, a luxurious railroad resort, houses the Henry B. Plant Museum. Among the various...
History & Culture: Henry B. Plant Museum in Tampa
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns