Walls, lookouts and gateways, Cadiz, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Cadiz > Walls, lookouts and gateways
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can see it wherever you go is the city and on the coast. The high walls used to protect the city from the enemies' battleships but they still look like they are capable of that.
The walls are high and thick, so you can walk on them, it's great feeling. There are also beautiful and old lookouts and gateways that worth some photographing.
There are also numerous fortresses in the and near the city which you can visit. Some of the most beautiful are Satna Catalina and Sain Sebastian.
It's all over the city.
Recent travel tips for Spain
- Chocolatería San GinésWhen people go to Spain they usually think about the Spanish food, and in Madrid the most typical thing to eat are Churros. The only problem is that I usually hear bad comments about them because most people dont really know where to go. [...]D: n/a01
- Monument a ColonThe Monument a Colon was built in 1888 for the Universal Exhibition. As its name suggests, the monument was raised to commemorate the discovery of America and the discoverer, Christopher Columbus. It is located right at the end of las [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Free barcelona travel guideFor my holiday, i found a page where i can download totally free a guide about barcelona, it is written by a local guy living there, very helpful http://www.world-rt.com/travel/download-guide-book.php so just would like to share with other [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Taller de TapasTaller de Tapas in El Born right near Santa Maria del Mar is a great spot for decently priced food. Our delicious, 1/2 bottle of wine cost only 7 Euros. And, all the tapas ranged from 5 to 10 Euros. Not bad, for dining outside in a [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Asador Tierra ArandaDo, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it prepared this way. The other meals are also very good and not very expensive. But make sure [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Cadiz you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
Place Jemaa El Fna is the main square in the city of Marrakech. Its a great place to watch some Moroccans charm snakes or sit down and get a sleeve...
Sightseeing: Place Jemaa El Fna
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Arusha Sokoine road is also known as A 104 road on Google Map. Travel tip for Outdoor activities are waterfall tours, masai culture and cultural...
Outdoors Activities: Going Around Arusha, booking cheap hotels and forex exchange
Manhattan Beach, California
When in Manhattan Beach, make sure you take the time to walk down to the pier. It’s not only a good view over the ocean, but also a nice place to...
Sightseeing: Manhattan Beach Pier
Da Nang, Vietnam
If you are keen on to spend a holiday to Vietnam a bit different from usual itineraries that almost everyone follow it then there’s something...
Sightseeing: Motorbike holiday to Vietnam
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing