Walls, lookouts and gateways, Cadiz, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Cadiz > Walls, lookouts and gateways
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can see it wherever you go is the city and on the coast. The high walls used to protect the city from the enemies' battleships but they still look like they are capable of that.
The walls are high and thick, so you can walk on them, it's great feeling. There are also beautiful and old lookouts and gateways that worth some photographing.
There are also numerous fortresses in the and near the city which you can visit. Some of the most beautiful are Satna Catalina and Sain Sebastian.
It's all over the city.
Recent travel tips for Spain
- Barcelona guideThe best that i can found to get local informations is http://www.world-rt.com/ written by a local guy, it helps a lot to plan our daily vacation [...]D: 0.2mi40
- Feria di San ferminEvery year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but some kind of dangerous, are the bull runs through the streets of 'Calle Santo Domingo'. At [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Town of LaguardiaThis incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town is that every single building has a cellar underneath it. They did this so that everyone can [...]D: n/a00
- Parc de la CiutadellaThis great park was once a fortress damaged in 1878. Now it is a beautiful garden and home of exhibitions. The best place in Barcelona to spend a relaxing, sunny afternoon. You can find in the park museums of zoology and geology. The [...]D: 1.1mi20
- Las RamblasLas Ramblas is basically the Champs Elysees of Barcelona and even more. You can find here everything. It is about 2 km long and is lined with trees. Las Ramblas is split up into five sections. One for street artists, one for flower [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Cadiz you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are historically interested, you should visit the roman germanic museum of cologne. It has got to offer you a huge variety of roman remnants...
General: Visit the roman germanic museum
Wenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön.
General: Der schöne See von Langenargen
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Es gibt einen super Zirkus in den man umbedingt reingehen sollte. Dort sind viele Tiere und Artisten.
Family & Fun: Zirkus in Tjumen
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC
Rippley's Odditorium is not a collection of artifacts, and despite having dinosaur bones and mummies on display, it can't be said to be educational...
Sightseeing: Rippley's Odditorium in oOrlando
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing