Richmond Nightlife, Virginia
Richmond is not your usual city in the United States. This place is often visited for its historical and cultural site but that does not mean it trails behind the other cities when it comes to nightlife. The city offers a lot of night spots for people of different ages and people who have different interests.Bars and Clubs
The bars and clubs in Richmond are more laid-back when compared to other cities. However, they are still considered hip and trendy. As proof to this, here are some of the delightful evening places in the area:
· Canal Club. This place has a relaxed ambience and offers live music. It endorses bands with different types of music that have potentials of becoming successful not only around the city but throughout the country. The club serves food that exceeds your expectation of the usual club snack.
· Tobacco Company Club. This was formerly a tobacco warehouse, which is the reason how it got its name. The interior has a dark wood wall, stained glass ornaments and a Victorian chandelier. Music is provided by a DJ or a live band or performer depending on the day of the week. The club is a good place for dancing until 2am.
· Alley Katz. If you are looking for fine live music and entertainment, this place is worth a visit. Music genres are jazz, pop and rock. They serve the usual pub grub. They are open from 9pm until 2am. The place is closed during Mondays.Performing Arts
Although the music hall and theatres of Richmond are not celebrated across the world, the performances in each of them are good enough to go and see. These cultural places are visibly enticing especially during nighttime. If you take pleasure in this type of offerings, here are places you could go to:
· Carpenter Center for the Performing Arts. This place is not only a theatre but a historical landmark as well. It first opened in the year 1928. Shows are a variation of operas, symphonies, theatrical comedy production and concerts. Some of the groups that perform here are the Richmond Ballet, Richmond Symphony and Virginia Opera.
· Richmond Coliseum. A lot of events in Richmond take place here. This is the biggest indoor facility for entertainment in the state of Virginia which can accommodate around 12,000 people. Circus shows and concerts can be seen here. Moreover, sports such as ice hockey, basketball and wrestling are also showed in the coliseum.
· Byrd Theatre. If you are on a tight budget and wants to be in a place with a historic atmosphere, this place may be ideal for you. The theatre sells affordable tickets and low-cost snacks. During weekends, classic movies are on film.
What else could satisfy your whole day but a night set in a city such as Richmond? Fill your stomach’s content and your heart’s delight with the pleasures they have. After doing so, you may take a peaceful sleep.
Things about Richmond you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read our members' reviews about Richmond
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Richmond
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
- cheapoair.com$92Spirit AirlinesInbound
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) → Richmond, VA (RIC)
12/01/2023 05:09 pmOutbound
Richmond, VA (RIC) → Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
12/08/2023 07:05 pm
- cheapoair.com$138Spirit AirlinesInbound
Chicago, IL (ORD) → Richmond, VA (RIC)
12/04/2023 10:42 amOutbound
Richmond, VA (RIC) → Chicago, IL (ORD)
12/18/2023 12:17 pm
- cheapoair.com$144Spirit AirlinesInbound
Atlanta, GA (ATL) → Richmond, VA (RIC)
12/04/2023 05:21 amOutbound
Richmond, VA (RIC) → Atlanta, GA (ATL)
12/19/2023 12:17 pm