Thessaloniki Nightlife, Greece
Thessaloniki is regarded as the second largest city of Greece. Therefore, it is expected to be competent as well when it comes to nightlife. If you are planning to pay a visit to this city's hottest nightspots, be sure not to have it scheduled during the summer, because most of the hippest places in town shuts out during that season.
Thessaloniki has several night clubs that are known all over the country. These are where nocturnal people hang out to have a great time by dancing throughout the night.
· Lotos Bar. This bar has been in business for 20 years already. It is a popular place for students and tourists alike. They are open from 9pm until the early mornings.
· Milos. This place is located at a former flour-mill complex. The café and the gallery are open from 11am but the club starts receiving guests only at 10pm. The nightclub has Greek performers and music such as blues, folk, jazz and pop. This also serves as one of the best musical spots in Greece.
Tourists who do not have the energy to dance the night away but do not want to pass the experience of how night goes in the city have an option. They can chill out at the best restaurants in town to have a little chit-chat and just enjoy the view.
· Aproopto Light. This place is open from noon until 1:30am. It is located near the State Theatre and it has a great view. The food is great because they offer Mediterranean cuisine. Just be sure to have cash on hand because they do not accept credit card payments.
· Thanasis. This place has been in business for 47 years already. They serve main courses with traditional Greek flavor. They are open from 8am until 3am except on Sundays. Reservation is a must if you are planning to go there at 10pm onwards because the place is usually packed at that time. If you can tolerate loud music, then this is one of the best places for you to go to.
· Krikelas. This place has been in existence since 1940. It serves Greek cuisine and specializes on mezedes and spetzofai. It is open from Mondays to Saturdays at 11:30am until 2am. The Krikelas is closed during the months of July and August.
· Zythos. This place is located at a refurbished warehouse. Although the interior is a display of woods and bricks, Zythos is still a favorite place of a variety of people. They serve Greek and Continental cuisines that are mostly favored by vegetarians. The place starts welcoming guests at 11am and locks up at 1am everyday of the week.
You may not find out your typical idea of nightlife in Thessaloniki which is all about dancing. However, with the restaurants alongside the bars, you will surely have reasons to chill out. Experience the evening at Thessaloniki with the options mentioned above.
Things about Thessaloniki you may be interested in
Read our members' reviews about Thessaloniki
- Spending a few days in Thessaloniki
review by lindamura posted more then 30 days ago
A visitor approaching Thessaloniki from the sea will have a first glimpse of a modern metropolis, lots of blocks of flats and other modern buildings. This sight was very different a few hundred years ago. A major change in the façade of the city took place after the 1917 fire destroyed a...
Read our members' travel tips about Thessaloniki
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Members Who Have Been to Thessaloniki
Community Galleries About Thessaloniki
- cheapoair.com$1258British AirwaysInbound
Newark, NJ (EWR) → Thessaloniki, GR (SKG)
07/11/2023 07:55 amOutbound
Thessaloniki, GR (SKG) → Newark, NJ (EWR)
07/17/2023 01:35 pm
New York, NY (JFK) → Thessaloniki, GR (SKG)
07/25/2023 09:50 pmOutbound
Thessaloniki, GR (SKG) → New York, NY (JFK)
08/01/2023 03:35 pm
- cheapoair.com$1507Multiple AirlinesInbound
Las Vegas, NV (LAS) → Thessaloniki, GR (SKG)
06/06/2023 10:29 amOutbound
Thessaloniki, GR (SKG) → Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
06/20/2023 04:00 pm