Nassau Sights and Landmarks Guide, Bahamas
Nassau is the most popular city for tourism in the Bahamas. Aside from the environmental beauty that every Caribbean place has, Nassau offers a variety of attractive spots. Along this line, it is blessed with beaches, water parks and architectural spots.Beaches and Water Parks
Being a part of the Caribbean, it is expected that Nassau has some of the most wonderful beachfronts and other aquatic spots. True to its definition of a beautiful place, it has the following attractions to be proud of:
· Blue Lagoon Island. Tourists come in this place to witness the magnificence of world famous dolphins. Eighteen of the dolphins under the care of the Blue Lagoon Island belong to the Atlantic Bottlenose species. Some of these are the ones which appeared in the Universal’s Movie, Flipper. Educational lecture then different programs are offered. The programs allow guests to swim with the dolphins or have a close encounter or just observe them.
· Seaworld Explorer. This is a “semi-submarine.” It was created originally for the Great Barrier Reef. Now, the Bahamas is its home. This under-the -sea observatory will give tourists a view of coral reef formation, topical fishes and other marine life forms.
· Stuart’s Cove. This is the top diving center in Nassau. They sell and rent out scuba equipments. They also take visitors on a diving or snorkeling tour. In addition to these, they offer a ride on the Scenic Underwater Bubble wherein people can breathe with ease underwater.
Architectural Spots and Other Attractions
Aside from the beautiful beaches, the city also has other landmarks worth visiting. Nassau’s structures and attractions under this category will fulfill every traveler’s need. Here are some of them:
· Nassau Pirates of Nassau Museum. The Pirates of Nassau is an attraction located in three historical buildings. One is the 200-year old Slave Kitchen. Another is the 150-year old Lofthouse, and the 100-year old Marlborough Arms. Pirates of Nassau Museum tells a genuine Bahamian history and it is considered the finest pirate exhibit all over the world.
· Adrasta Gardens, Zoo and Conservation Center. This is a very huge place which extends to five and a half acres. It is a mix of a jungle, garden and zoo. The place allows a close encounter with the different animals. The major goal of Adrasta is to protect and preserve the animals especially endangered species.
· Queen’s Staircase. This historical staircase was built in the 18th century by slaves. It is 105 feet high with 65 steps that are very steep. This was named after Queen Victoria who had a 65-year reign. This is one of the city’s most famous landmarks.
Nassau is indeed one of the famous travel destinations in the world. When one speaks of its name, it will always ring a bell. Surprisingly, the city has a lot of things to offer and everyone is enjoined to make a visit.
Things about Nassau you may be interested in1 1 1 157
1ac The server cannot find the requested page:
17 brokerage.linkadage.com 9f /engine.php?LinkUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelgrove.com%2Ftravel-guides%2FBahamas%2FNassau-Sights-c249108.html&Key=48SK-M2A6-H4EM&OpenInNewWindow=1 (port 2 80 73 )
Read our members' reviews about Nassau
- The best places on the Bahamas
review by lindamura posted more then 30 days ago
Come and enjoy two exotic destinations in the Atlantic. The two Caribbean islands located southeast of the capital city Nassau, named Acklins Island and Crooked Island are a must–see location. So close to each other are they that they are usually mentioned as a single unit. They both are...
Read our members' travel tips about Nassau
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) → Nassau, BS (NAS)
01/19/2022 12:45 pmOutbound
Nassau, BS (NAS) → Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
02/02/2022 10:30 am
- cheapoair.com$282Frontier AirlinesInbound
Philadelphia, PA (PHL) → Nassau, BS (NAS)
11/12/2021 01:12 pmOutbound
Nassau, BS (NAS) → Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
11/23/2021 12:34 pm
Orlando, FL (MCO) → Nassau, BS (NAS)
10/19/2021 01:55 pmOutbound
Nassau, BS (NAS) → Orlando, FL (MCO)
11/02/2021 11:00 am