Kilkenny Castle, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Kilkenny > Kilkenny Castle
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You have to sign up for the guided tour in the castle in advance, you better do it as you get to the town, because there are quite many people every time.
It is not allowed to take photos inside the castle, but you will get a sheet with information about the castle and the rooms.
It is beautifully restored and the park of the castle is also beautiful, don't miss it!
Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
Adults 6 Euro
Seniors 4 Euro
Students/Children 2,50 Euro
October-February - 09:30-16:30
March - 09:30-17:00
April-May & September- 09:30-17:30
June-August - 09:00-17:30
How to get there:
It is in the city center, not far from the bus station, it is rather hard to miss it.
Recent travel tips for Ireland
- The GravediggersThe Gravediggers is one of the greatest pubs in the world. The place got it's name from the gravediggers who often attended the pub after a long day of hard work. This because The Gravediggers is located right next to the Glasnevin Cemetery [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Dublin view from the riverI can warmly recommend you to go on a river cruise if you are in Dublin using the Liffey River Cruise. It is a great tour of about 45-50 minutes from the city center to the Docklands and back. It passes under several of the bridges of the [...]D: n/a00
- Shelbourne Park Greyhound StadiumIf you like betting on horses, you should also try the dog race stadium at Dublin, the Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium. There you can already bet with only some Euros and it´s really funny to watch the fast dogs. [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Jameson DistilleryIf you like irish whiskey, you can visit the Jameson distillery, nearly in the center of Dublin. Make a guided tour to see the history of whiskey and how it is produced. Interesting is also the bar at the end of a tour. There you can taste [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Killarney National ParkThe National Park is huge and beautiful. It is right next to the city, so you can easily reach it wherever in Killarney you would be. The Park has a lot of walkways and trails running through the whole place. You can walk on the shore of [...]D: 0.1mi00
Things about Kilkenny you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
Oxford, United Kingdom
Know how to ride a push bike, as thats what everyone does!
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The most significant factor which fulfills your requirements is a good planning as well as a fair travel preparation, no matter what will be the...
Sightseeing: Angkor Wat and Siem Reap luxury tour
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The rich culture and art of the Muslims is presented in the Islamic Art Museum, which we visited several weeks ago. The building in itself is a...
History & Culture: Islamic Art Museum
If you are interested to know how the sultan palace looks like during the period of the Melaka Sultanate period. This Melaka sultanate Palace which...
Sightseeing: Melaka Sultanate Palace
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
If you are a fan of beer, all your dreams will come true at Nomad's. This pub has the widest selection of import beer I've ever seen, and the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Nomad World Pub