Kilkenny Castle, Ireland
Travel tips > Europe > Ireland > Kilkenny > Kilkenny Castle
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You have to sign up for the guided tour in the castle in advance, you better do it as you get to the town, because there are quite many people every time.
It is not allowed to take photos inside the castle, but you will get a sheet with information about the castle and the rooms.
It is beautifully restored and the park of the castle is also beautiful, don't miss it!
Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland
Adults 6 Euro
Seniors 4 Euro
Students/Children 2,50 Euro
October-February - 09:30-16:30
March - 09:30-17:00
April-May & September- 09:30-17:30
June-August - 09:00-17:30
How to get there:
It is in the city center, not far from the bus station, it is rather hard to miss it.
Recent travel tips for Ireland
- The well known fishermen cityYou really should try the fish meals at Galway, always fresh from the sea. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Guinness StorehouseGuinness Storehouse is like the origin of all beers and a little piece of Irish history and culture. You can follow the brewing process, you will meet the different types of the Guinness and even meet Arthur Guinness, the father of this [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Gentle Reminder (No offence to anyone) -- JustWe can never be too confident and complacent about leaving our belongings properly. Well, I took it for granted. Being the careless student that I was (I was in Dublin for a short holiday – as I was an intern in a university in the UK [...]D: 0.7mi00
- The weatherIf you go to Dublin, be prepared that the weather is not a certain thing there - it's the same in the whole country. An Irish saying tells that 'if you don't like the weather, just wait for 5 minutes and it will change'. It is never very [...]D: n/a00
- Aron IslandsIf you are at Galway, should should take a boat to the Aron Islands. There are 3 islands and at least the main islands offers you a great landscape, quiet and nice, together with ancient history monuments. [...]D: 28.3mi00
Things about Kilkenny you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
As a legendary city, founded in 1519, the Old Havana is a glorious place to see if you travel to Cuba. The city's architecture is full of various...
Sightseeing: The Old Havana (Habana Vieja)
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
This is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at...
Sightseeing: Wyk auf Föhr Promenade
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Saint Petersburg, Russia
If you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved...
Food: Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurant
There are natural attractions near Moshi to see such as waterfalls located at slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. Moshi is located at base of Mount...
Outdoors Activities: Moshi is basecamp for Kilimanjaro climb, waterfalls travel places
Hanoi is old and modern capital of Vietnam. Hanoi Day Tours feature the most enjoyable day tours in Hanoi and day tours to its surrounding area....
General: Enjoy Hanoi with Vietnam Great Tours
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature