Mustang Tiji festival Trekking Nepal, Kathmandu
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek 2011
Run By Nepal Visitors
The historical remote Mustang trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang, a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on: a land said to be “barren as a dead deer” but where beauty and happiness abound is spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830′s. The wall city of Lo Monthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Trekking in Mustang was officially opened in 1992. It allows limited numbers of trekkers each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled forbidden kingdom of vast, arid valleys, eroded canyons, ochre valley, yak caravans, colourful-painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri makes your medieval walled kingdom Mustang trekking a very especial one.
Nepal Visitors regularly organizes trek to the Himalayan Kingdom of Mustang targeting TIJI festival a three days long ritual known as” The chasing of the Demons”, one of the most important festival of the region. Over the festive time monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits. Dressed in their finery, people from all over Mustang gather in Lo Monthang to celebrate the Tiji Festival Trek
* 01 May 2011: Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
* 02 May 2011: Day 02: Kathmandu full day sightseeing with german speaking guide (Boudhanath,Pasupatinath and Soyambunath)
* 03 May 2011: Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, trancefer to Hotel.
* 04 May 2011: Day 04: flight to Jomson & Trek to Kagbeni
* Restricted area:
* 05 May 2011: Day 05: Kagbeni – Chele – Camping
* 06 May 2011: Day 06: Chele – Gilling – Camping (Via chungse Gompa)
* 07 May 2011: Day 07: Gilling – Dakmar – Camping
* 08 May 2011: Day 08: Dakmar – Tsarang – Camping (via lho-gekar, Ghar Gompa)
* 09 May 2011: Day 09: Tsarang – Lo-Manthang – Camping
* 10 May 2011: Day 10: Lo-Manthang Day hiking (Choksar, Chonup, Namgyal by hourse (upper restricted area) – Camping
* (Start Tiji Festival)
* 11 May 2011: Day 11: Lo-Manthang – Tiji Festival
* 12 May 2011: Day 12: Lo- Manthang – Tiji Festival Ends
* 13 May 2011: Day 13: Lo-manthang – Yara – Camping
* 14 May 2011: Day 14: Yara – Tange – Camping
* 15 May 2011: Day 15: Tange – Tetang – Camping
* 16 May 2011: Day 16: Tetang – Muktinath – Camping
* Exit Restricted area:
* 17 May 2011: Day 17: Muktinath – Jomsom Stay in Hotel
* 18 May 2011: Day 18: Jomsom – Pokhara (Day okhara Sightseing)
* 19 May 2011: Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu tranfer to Hotel
* 20 May 2011: Day 20: Final depart to your own destination.
* 2 persons =USD 2299
* 3-6 persons=USD 2099
* 7-10 persons=USD 1899
* 11-15 persons= USD 1699
* 16- Above persons= USD 1455
* Single Supplyment Charge will be 15% on the above cost.
* 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu 3 star bed & breakfast
* 1 night hotel in Pokhara Bed and breakfast.
* Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu.
* Fully camping trek with meal, guide, sherpas, porters, cook etc.
* 2 men tent, dining tent, table & seating chair, toilet tent.
* Necessary Kitchen equipment
* Annapurna Conservation fee
* Transportation of staff & equipment
* Staff flight Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara
* Cargo for trekking goods from Pokhara – Jomsom -Pokhara
* Domestic airport tax
* Insurance & clothing for trekking staff.
* Air port /hotel/airport transfer
* 1 full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
* Kathmandu – Pokhara Deluxe Air-Condition bus
* last day good bye dinner in Kathmandu with official staff.
* Our Service Charge and all government taxes
* All expenses of personal nature
* Personal travel insurance
* Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
* Helicopter rescue incase needed
* Medicine as well as in trekking
* International airport taxes
* Tips for staff
* Laundry, phone calls
* Bar bills, Mineral water, Sweety, candy
For More information:
Nepal Visitors Trekking and Walking (P) Ltd.
P.O. Box:19760, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel:+977-1-4263133, Fax:+977-1-4216454, +9779841258665 (M)
Website: Nepal Trekking
Visit our official reviews on tripadviser.com
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
Read about Kathmandu in our travel-guide
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011
Recommended Kathmandu Guide
Kathmandu sits right in the middle of the Himalaya Mountains. Known as one of the most gorgeous cities worldwide, tourists flock to this destination to appreciate its beauty and rich history. Kathmandu happens to be not just the capital, but also the biggest metropolitan city in Nepal. Kathmandu history is quite an interesting array of events. Kathmandu History – The Licchavi Dynasty Kathmandu got its name from a temple called Kaasthamandap, which was built in 1596 AD and can be found in Durbar Square. Its name roughly translates to “wooden shelter”. The whole temple was made solely from wood without the help of any... Read more »
Recent reviews for Kathmandu
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011 - Nov 17, 2010, by nepalibb
Nepal Adventure Point offering the Tiji festival trip in Mustang every year. The Tiji Festival in Mustang's ancient walled capital city of Lo Manthang will be the highlight. A thousand men, women and children participate in the annual... Read more »
Vacation in Nepal - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
RIVER RAFTING IN NEPAL In fact, Nepal is known to contain the world’s best rivers for white-water experiences. After mountain expedition river rafting is the most exciting and adventurous sport in Nepal. It is a journey on the... Read more »
A trip to Everest Base Camp Trekking - Feb 4, 2010, by outfitternp
Everest base camp trekking is a famous and challenging trek in Khumbu Nepal. The trek is famous for its spectacular mountain peaks and friendliness of its inhabitants (Sherpa). The Everest region (Khumbu) is one of the most popular... Read more »
Adventures on the Himalayas - Apr 21, 2009, by nepalibb
Greeting from Nepal Himalayas! My Name is B.B. Bhandari. Currently I am operating trekking and tours in Nepal. I am also looking for tour operator to Nepal therefore if you have any interest to evolve in this tourism business and would... Read more »
Kathmandu adventures - Nov 14, 2009, by nepalibb
Update Mai the 12 2015 Travelgrove Team Laxmi Dhakal, an official of the Nepalese Home Ministry confirmed that 42 people were killed (the most in Kathmandu and Dolakha) and at least 1,117 injured in the magnitude 7.3 earthquake.... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Montreal reviews - Quebec
Montreal was very interesting. After doing a 5 hour trip to Montreal from Toronto, we immediately got into the meeting room to meet up with other...
Short visit in Montreal
Rheinbrohl reviews - Germany
Nice small village, that has got a nice scenery. You have great views on the river Rhine and you can take nice walks or wanderings on several...
Beautiful landscape in Rheinbrohl
Gizeh reviews - Egypt
The Great Pyramid of Gizeh, is one of the seven wonders, the oldest and still the only one that survived the passage of time. Until the Eiffel...
What to know about the Kheops Pyramid
Litochoro reviews - Greece
For this trip we rented a motorbike. In Greece you don't need a specific driving licence for driving these scooters (it's not a real motorbike -...
Climbing Mount Olymp with motorbike
Mexico City reviews - Mexico
Über Mexico Die Mexicaner sind sehr stolz auf ihre Traditionen. Sie haben überall Traditionen, wie zum Beispiel in der Kunst, im...
Meinem Besuch in Mexiko
Ko Phangan reviews - Thailand
It was quite a long way to Koh Tao. We took the Speed Boat from Surat Thani. Unfortunately we had to stops, one in Koh Samui and one in Koh Pangan....
Koh Tao - My favorite Thai island
Hanover reviews - Connecticut
Located near Lebanon, across from Vermont and in the Connecticut River Valley, is the thriving university town of Hanover with sweeping green and...
Relax in the calm Hanover, VT
Jersey reviews - Arkansas
Get into Princeton – no matter how well you did in school! Take a scenic walking tour of Princeton, the parks are very pleasant and everyone...
Visiting Princeton University
Venice reviews - California
Venice beach offers some of the craziest characters in all of LA. It's like a bazaar by the beach with many artists presenting their work, people...
Venice Beach - the best place in LA
Breckenridge reviews - Colorado
Breckenridge Ski Resort is a nation’s premier year-round destination that has a lot to offer for your next getaway. It is spread out on the...
A hundred things to do in Breckenridge, CO