Mustang Tiji festival Trekking Nepal, Kathmandu
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek 2011
Run By Nepal Visitors
The historical remote Mustang trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang, a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on: a land said to be “barren as a dead deer” but where beauty and happiness abound is spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830′s. The wall city of Lo Monthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Trekking in Mustang was officially opened in 1992. It allows limited numbers of trekkers each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled forbidden kingdom of vast, arid valleys, eroded canyons, ochre valley, yak caravans, colourful-painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri makes your medieval walled kingdom Mustang trekking a very especial one.
Nepal Visitors regularly organizes trek to the Himalayan Kingdom of Mustang targeting TIJI festival a three days long ritual known as” The chasing of the Demons”, one of the most important festival of the region. Over the festive time monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits. Dressed in their finery, people from all over Mustang gather in Lo Monthang to celebrate the Tiji Festival Trek
* 01 May 2011: Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
* 02 May 2011: Day 02: Kathmandu full day sightseeing with german speaking guide (Boudhanath,Pasupatinath and Soyambunath)
* 03 May 2011: Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, trancefer to Hotel.
* 04 May 2011: Day 04: flight to Jomson & Trek to Kagbeni
* Restricted area:
* 05 May 2011: Day 05: Kagbeni – Chele – Camping
* 06 May 2011: Day 06: Chele – Gilling – Camping (Via chungse Gompa)
* 07 May 2011: Day 07: Gilling – Dakmar – Camping
* 08 May 2011: Day 08: Dakmar – Tsarang – Camping (via lho-gekar, Ghar Gompa)
* 09 May 2011: Day 09: Tsarang – Lo-Manthang – Camping
* 10 May 2011: Day 10: Lo-Manthang Day hiking (Choksar, Chonup, Namgyal by hourse (upper restricted area) – Camping
* (Start Tiji Festival)
* 11 May 2011: Day 11: Lo-Manthang – Tiji Festival
* 12 May 2011: Day 12: Lo- Manthang – Tiji Festival Ends
* 13 May 2011: Day 13: Lo-manthang – Yara – Camping
* 14 May 2011: Day 14: Yara – Tange – Camping
* 15 May 2011: Day 15: Tange – Tetang – Camping
* 16 May 2011: Day 16: Tetang – Muktinath – Camping
* Exit Restricted area:
* 17 May 2011: Day 17: Muktinath – Jomsom Stay in Hotel
* 18 May 2011: Day 18: Jomsom – Pokhara (Day okhara Sightseing)
* 19 May 2011: Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu tranfer to Hotel
* 20 May 2011: Day 20: Final depart to your own destination.
* 2 persons =USD 2299
* 3-6 persons=USD 2099
* 7-10 persons=USD 1899
* 11-15 persons= USD 1699
* 16- Above persons= USD 1455
* Single Supplyment Charge will be 15% on the above cost.
* 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu 3 star bed & breakfast
* 1 night hotel in Pokhara Bed and breakfast.
* Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu.
* Fully camping trek with meal, guide, sherpas, porters, cook etc.
* 2 men tent, dining tent, table & seating chair, toilet tent.
* Necessary Kitchen equipment
* Annapurna Conservation fee
* Transportation of staff & equipment
* Staff flight Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara
* Cargo for trekking goods from Pokhara – Jomsom -Pokhara
* Domestic airport tax
* Insurance & clothing for trekking staff.
* Air port /hotel/airport transfer
* 1 full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
* Kathmandu – Pokhara Deluxe Air-Condition bus
* last day good bye dinner in Kathmandu with official staff.
* Our Service Charge and all government taxes
* All expenses of personal nature
* Personal travel insurance
* Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
* Helicopter rescue incase needed
* Medicine as well as in trekking
* International airport taxes
* Tips for staff
* Laundry, phone calls
* Bar bills, Mineral water, Sweety, candy
For More information:
Nepal Visitors Trekking and Walking (P) Ltd.
P.O. Box:19760, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel:+977-1-4263133, Fax:+977-1-4216454, +9779841258665 (M)
Website: Nepal Trekking
Visit our official reviews on tripadviser.com
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
Read about Kathmandu in our travel-guide
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011
Recommended Kathmandu Guide
Kathmandu sits right in the middle of the Himalaya Mountains. Known as one of the most gorgeous cities worldwide, tourists flock to this destination to appreciate its beauty and rich history. Kathmandu happens to be not just the capital, but also the biggest metropolitan city in Nepal. Kathmandu history is quite an interesting array of events. Kathmandu History – The Licchavi Dynasty Kathmandu got its name from a temple called Kaasthamandap, which was built in 1596 AD and can be found in Durbar Square. Its name roughly translates to “wooden shelter”. The whole temple was made solely from wood without the help of any... Read more »
Recent reviews for Kathmandu
Trip to Kathmandu - Oct 19, 2010, by nepalibb
Namaste & Greeting from Nepal Nepal Adventure Point organizing the Christmas & New Year festival's familiarization trip in Nepal every year. This special package tour offering the whole discovery of Nepal totally you will... Read more »
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011 - Nov 17, 2010, by nepalibb
Nepal Adventure Point offering the Tiji festival trip in Mustang every year. The Tiji Festival in Mustang's ancient walled capital city of Lo Manthang will be the highlight. A thousand men, women and children participate in the annual... Read more »
Things to see in Kathmandu - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
We are pleased to organize tours in the historical, cultural, pilgrimage and Natural sites throughout the Kingdom. Nepal boasts a rich cultural, traditional, ethnic, biological and geological diversity. It is well worth exploring during... Read more »
Vacation in Nepal - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
RIVER RAFTING IN NEPAL In fact, Nepal is known to contain the world’s best rivers for white-water experiences. After mountain expedition river rafting is the most exciting and adventurous sport in Nepal. It is a journey on the... Read more »
Kathmandu adventures - Nov 14, 2009, by nepalibb
Update Mai the 12 2015 Travelgrove Team Laxmi Dhakal, an official of the Nepalese Home Ministry confirmed that 42 people were killed (the most in Kathmandu and Dolakha) and at least 1,117 injured in the magnitude 7.3 earthquake.... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Brussels reviews - Belgium
Maybe the first thing I want to point out from the beginning is that Bruxelles is not a one day city to visit. In my opinion, 2 or 3 days is...
One-day trip in Brussels
Bamberg reviews - Germany
Bamberg ist eine große Stadt und ich weiß wo sie liegt in Bayern.Dort gibt es die berühmten Bamberger Hörnle und reichlich...
Santo Domingo reviews - Dominican Republic
For almost 100 years, Santo Domingo had to endure invasions by the English, the French, and the Spaniols. The Spanish invasion reduced the area of...
Having a great time in Santo Domingo
Repashuta reviews - Hungary
We arrived around 11 a.m. to Miskolc, where my boyfriend's (Zoli) relatives live. Miskolc is a city situated in north Hungary. After eating and...
First Day in Repashuta
Aosta reviews - Italy
Nice italian city, lying in the beautiful valley of Aosta. Interesting place, where you have a wide range of different shops, bars and restaurants...
What to do in Aosta
Capaccio reviews - Italy
That was a really outstanding adventure for me and two friends. We only knew where to go to by train. Everything else we just decided spontaneously...
Enjoying the sea in Capaccio
Ban Khlong Yang reviews - Thailand
The next day was really nice, we got up late, had a great breakfast and finally saw the sun again. Our luck had changed and we could enjoy a full...
Railay Beach - Nice Place
Hammamet reviews - Tunisia
Hammamet is a town, relatively well situated. With a lot of hotels, some of them upper luxury class, are along the tourist areas. There's often a...
Tunisian weekend in Hammamet
Taipei reviews - Taiwan
In Taipei, you'll find Almond Milk everywhere as well as Soy Milk. For Vegans and those who are lactose intolerant, you'll love Taipei! Ofcourse...
What to drink in Taipei
San Jose reviews - California
When you’re going to San Jose you should try hiring Elite Limousine as you transportation service. I've used San Jose Limo Service, on...
Want to experience San Jose Limo Services?