Mustang Tiji festival Trekking Nepal, Kathmandu
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek 2011
Run By Nepal Visitors
The historical remote Mustang trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang, a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on: a land said to be “barren as a dead deer” but where beauty and happiness abound is spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830′s. The wall city of Lo Monthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Trekking in Mustang was officially opened in 1992. It allows limited numbers of trekkers each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled forbidden kingdom of vast, arid valleys, eroded canyons, ochre valley, yak caravans, colourful-painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri makes your medieval walled kingdom Mustang trekking a very especial one.
Nepal Visitors regularly organizes trek to the Himalayan Kingdom of Mustang targeting TIJI festival a three days long ritual known as” The chasing of the Demons”, one of the most important festival of the region. Over the festive time monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits. Dressed in their finery, people from all over Mustang gather in Lo Monthang to celebrate the Tiji Festival Trek
* 01 May 2011: Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
* 02 May 2011: Day 02: Kathmandu full day sightseeing with german speaking guide (Boudhanath,Pasupatinath and Soyambunath)
* 03 May 2011: Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, trancefer to Hotel.
* 04 May 2011: Day 04: flight to Jomson & Trek to Kagbeni
* Restricted area:
* 05 May 2011: Day 05: Kagbeni – Chele – Camping
* 06 May 2011: Day 06: Chele – Gilling – Camping (Via chungse Gompa)
* 07 May 2011: Day 07: Gilling – Dakmar – Camping
* 08 May 2011: Day 08: Dakmar – Tsarang – Camping (via lho-gekar, Ghar Gompa)
* 09 May 2011: Day 09: Tsarang – Lo-Manthang – Camping
* 10 May 2011: Day 10: Lo-Manthang Day hiking (Choksar, Chonup, Namgyal by hourse (upper restricted area) – Camping
* (Start Tiji Festival)
* 11 May 2011: Day 11: Lo-Manthang – Tiji Festival
* 12 May 2011: Day 12: Lo- Manthang – Tiji Festival Ends
* 13 May 2011: Day 13: Lo-manthang – Yara – Camping
* 14 May 2011: Day 14: Yara – Tange – Camping
* 15 May 2011: Day 15: Tange – Tetang – Camping
* 16 May 2011: Day 16: Tetang – Muktinath – Camping
* Exit Restricted area:
* 17 May 2011: Day 17: Muktinath – Jomsom Stay in Hotel
* 18 May 2011: Day 18: Jomsom – Pokhara (Day okhara Sightseing)
* 19 May 2011: Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu tranfer to Hotel
* 20 May 2011: Day 20: Final depart to your own destination.
* 2 persons =USD 2299
* 3-6 persons=USD 2099
* 7-10 persons=USD 1899
* 11-15 persons= USD 1699
* 16- Above persons= USD 1455
* Single Supplyment Charge will be 15% on the above cost.
* 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu 3 star bed & breakfast
* 1 night hotel in Pokhara Bed and breakfast.
* Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu.
* Fully camping trek with meal, guide, sherpas, porters, cook etc.
* 2 men tent, dining tent, table & seating chair, toilet tent.
* Necessary Kitchen equipment
* Annapurna Conservation fee
* Transportation of staff & equipment
* Staff flight Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara
* Cargo for trekking goods from Pokhara – Jomsom -Pokhara
* Domestic airport tax
* Insurance & clothing for trekking staff.
* Air port /hotel/airport transfer
* 1 full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
* Kathmandu – Pokhara Deluxe Air-Condition bus
* last day good bye dinner in Kathmandu with official staff.
* Our Service Charge and all government taxes
* All expenses of personal nature
* Personal travel insurance
* Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
* Helicopter rescue incase needed
* Medicine as well as in trekking
* International airport taxes
* Tips for staff
* Laundry, phone calls
* Bar bills, Mineral water, Sweety, candy
For More information:
Nepal Visitors Trekking and Walking (P) Ltd.
P.O. Box:19760, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel:+977-1-4263133, Fax:+977-1-4216454, +9779841258665 (M)
Website: Nepal Trekking
Visit our official reviews on tripadviser.com
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
Read about Kathmandu in our travel-guide
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011
Recommended Kathmandu Guide
Kathmandu is the capital of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal. One of the most beautiful cities in the world, Kathmandu is situated in the Kathmandu valley in the very heart of the Himalaya Mountains. This largest Nepalese-city has long been the ultimate Shan-gri-la for the hippies who came here in search of enlightenment; but even if you are not really seeking enlightenment, you will find Kathmandu’s rich history and culture worth exploring. And then, you also have the lures of the many things-to-do in Kathmandu – go trekking, mountain climbing, visit the attractions or simply hang-out at a restaurant or Internet... Read more »
Recent reviews for Kathmandu
Trip to Kathmandu - Oct 19, 2010, by nepalibb
Namaste & Greeting from Nepal Nepal Adventure Point organizing the Christmas & New Year festival's familiarization trip in Nepal every year. This special package tour offering the whole discovery of Nepal totally you will... Read more »
Things to see in Kathmandu - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
We are pleased to organize tours in the historical, cultural, pilgrimage and Natural sites throughout the Kingdom. Nepal boasts a rich cultural, traditional, ethnic, biological and geological diversity. It is well worth exploring during... Read more »
Kathmandu adventures - Nov 14, 2009, by nepalibb
Update Mai the 12 2015 Travelgrove Team Laxmi Dhakal, an official of the Nepalese Home Ministry confirmed that 42 people were killed (the most in Kathmandu and Dolakha) and at least 1,117 injured in the magnitude 7.3 earthquake.... Read more »
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011 - Nov 17, 2010, by nepalibb
Nepal Adventure Point offering the Tiji festival trip in Mustang every year. The Tiji Festival in Mustang's ancient walled capital city of Lo Manthang will be the highlight. A thousand men, women and children participate in the annual... Read more »
Adventures on the Himalayas - Apr 21, 2009, by nepalibb
Greeting from Nepal Himalayas! My Name is B.B. Bhandari. Currently I am operating trekking and tours in Nepal. I am also looking for tour operator to Nepal therefore if you have any interest to evolve in this tourism business and would... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Bamberg reviews - Germany
Bamberg ist eine große Stadt und ich weiß wo sie liegt in Bayern.Dort gibt es die berühmten Bamberger Hörnle und reichlich...
Erding reviews - Germany
This was our yearly trip with my buddies from Highschool. We had a ton of fun. The first day we drove off too see our home town team Ravensburg...
A visit at Erdinger Brauerei
Alicante reviews - Spain
Alicante is a nice harbour city and one of Spains fast growing cities. It offer you some possibilities in every direction. For example the weekly...
Nice parks and bullfighting in Alicante
Mexico City reviews - Mexico
Über Mexico Die Mexicaner sind sehr stolz auf ihre Traditionen. Sie haben überall Traditionen, wie zum Beispiel in der Kunst, im...
Meinem Besuch in Mexiko
Saltillo reviews - Mexico
We had some more crazy party days. I really needed the time off to relax a bit and spend some time somewhere else than back home. To my...
Why to visit Saltillo, Mexico
Tusnad reviews - Romania
Hi friends, I just want you to share my really great trip to lake Saint Ana, with the gang of students from Cavasna. It was a really amazing and...
Visiting Saint Ana Lake
Cockburn Town reviews - Turks And Caicos Islands
A cruise in the Caribbean is everyone’s dream. The services are excellent and you can’t expect anything but top quality accommodation...
East Caribbean Vacation
Honokaa reviews - Hawaii
The best place to stay in the whole Honokaa is definitely the Kalopa Homestead Guest House. It is very cozy very well equipped and feels almost...
Accomodation in Honokaa
Hue reviews - Vietnam
WELCOME TO HUE, LANG CO – THUAN AN BEACH, DANANG, HOIAN, DMZ, PHONG NHA – DONG HOI CAR HIRE SERVICE CAR CENTER ONLINE SUPPORT BOOKING...
Hue Good Car Services Online Center Vietnam Trip Finder
Zell Am See reviews - Austria
These two related ski resorts, Zell am See and Kaprun, are so popular that everything is set so you can easily reach them. Whether you want to...
Hiking and white snow in Zell am See und Kaprun