Mustang Tiji festival Trekking Nepal, Kathmandu
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek 2011
Run By Nepal Visitors
The historical remote Mustang trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang, a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on: a land said to be “barren as a dead deer” but where beauty and happiness abound is spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830′s. The wall city of Lo Monthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Trekking in Mustang was officially opened in 1992. It allows limited numbers of trekkers each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled forbidden kingdom of vast, arid valleys, eroded canyons, ochre valley, yak caravans, colourful-painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri makes your medieval walled kingdom Mustang trekking a very especial one.
Nepal Visitors regularly organizes trek to the Himalayan Kingdom of Mustang targeting TIJI festival a three days long ritual known as” The chasing of the Demons”, one of the most important festival of the region. Over the festive time monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits. Dressed in their finery, people from all over Mustang gather in Lo Monthang to celebrate the Tiji Festival Trek
* 01 May 2011: Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
* 02 May 2011: Day 02: Kathmandu full day sightseeing with german speaking guide (Boudhanath,Pasupatinath and Soyambunath)
* 03 May 2011: Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, trancefer to Hotel.
* 04 May 2011: Day 04: flight to Jomson & Trek to Kagbeni
* Restricted area:
* 05 May 2011: Day 05: Kagbeni – Chele – Camping
* 06 May 2011: Day 06: Chele – Gilling – Camping (Via chungse Gompa)
* 07 May 2011: Day 07: Gilling – Dakmar – Camping
* 08 May 2011: Day 08: Dakmar – Tsarang – Camping (via lho-gekar, Ghar Gompa)
* 09 May 2011: Day 09: Tsarang – Lo-Manthang – Camping
* 10 May 2011: Day 10: Lo-Manthang Day hiking (Choksar, Chonup, Namgyal by hourse (upper restricted area) – Camping
* (Start Tiji Festival)
* 11 May 2011: Day 11: Lo-Manthang – Tiji Festival
* 12 May 2011: Day 12: Lo- Manthang – Tiji Festival Ends
* 13 May 2011: Day 13: Lo-manthang – Yara – Camping
* 14 May 2011: Day 14: Yara – Tange – Camping
* 15 May 2011: Day 15: Tange – Tetang – Camping
* 16 May 2011: Day 16: Tetang – Muktinath – Camping
* Exit Restricted area:
* 17 May 2011: Day 17: Muktinath – Jomsom Stay in Hotel
* 18 May 2011: Day 18: Jomsom – Pokhara (Day okhara Sightseing)
* 19 May 2011: Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu tranfer to Hotel
* 20 May 2011: Day 20: Final depart to your own destination.
* 2 persons =USD 2299
* 3-6 persons=USD 2099
* 7-10 persons=USD 1899
* 11-15 persons= USD 1699
* 16- Above persons= USD 1455
* Single Supplyment Charge will be 15% on the above cost.
* 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu 3 star bed & breakfast
* 1 night hotel in Pokhara Bed and breakfast.
* Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu.
* Fully camping trek with meal, guide, sherpas, porters, cook etc.
* 2 men tent, dining tent, table & seating chair, toilet tent.
* Necessary Kitchen equipment
* Annapurna Conservation fee
* Transportation of staff & equipment
* Staff flight Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara
* Cargo for trekking goods from Pokhara – Jomsom -Pokhara
* Domestic airport tax
* Insurance & clothing for trekking staff.
* Air port /hotel/airport transfer
* 1 full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
* Kathmandu – Pokhara Deluxe Air-Condition bus
* last day good bye dinner in Kathmandu with official staff.
* Our Service Charge and all government taxes
* All expenses of personal nature
* Personal travel insurance
* Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
* Helicopter rescue incase needed
* Medicine as well as in trekking
* International airport taxes
* Tips for staff
* Laundry, phone calls
* Bar bills, Mineral water, Sweety, candy
For More information:
Nepal Visitors Trekking and Walking (P) Ltd.
P.O. Box:19760, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel:+977-1-4263133, Fax:+977-1-4216454, +9779841258665 (M)
Website: Nepal Trekking
Visit our official reviews on tripadviser.com
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
Read about Kathmandu in our travel-guide
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011
Recommended Kathmandu Guide
A lot of Buddhist and Hindu sites can also be found in Kathmandu, like in Varanasi. Swayambhu Stupa, for example, is one of the holiest Buddhist sites that can be found in Nepal and is connected to the overall Kathmandu creation. Swayambhu is also on the World Heritage List as the oldest and most gorgeous Buddhist shrine that can be found in the world; it is believed to be around 2,000 years old and some people call it “the eyes of Buddha”. The most sacred Hindu shrine in the world can also be found here in Kathmandu, in the form of the Pashupatinath Temple. This pagoda is ornamented with rich decorations of phallic symbols,... Read more »
Recent reviews for Kathmandu
A trip to Everest Base Camp Trekking - Feb 4, 2010, by outfitternp
Everest base camp trekking is a famous and challenging trek in Khumbu Nepal. The trek is famous for its spectacular mountain peaks and friendliness of its inhabitants (Sherpa). The Everest region (Khumbu) is one of the most popular... Read more »
Vacation in Nepal - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
RIVER RAFTING IN NEPAL In fact, Nepal is known to contain the world’s best rivers for white-water experiences. After mountain expedition river rafting is the most exciting and adventurous sport in Nepal. It is a journey on the... Read more »
Kathmandu adventures - Nov 14, 2009, by nepalibb
Update Mai the 12 2015 Travelgrove Team Laxmi Dhakal, an official of the Nepalese Home Ministry confirmed that 42 people were killed (the most in Kathmandu and Dolakha) and at least 1,117 injured in the magnitude 7.3 earthquake.... Read more »
Things to see in Kathmandu - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
We are pleased to organize tours in the historical, cultural, pilgrimage and Natural sites throughout the Kingdom. Nepal boasts a rich cultural, traditional, ethnic, biological and geological diversity. It is well worth exploring during... Read more »
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011 - Nov 17, 2010, by nepalibb
Nepal Adventure Point offering the Tiji festival trip in Mustang every year. The Tiji Festival in Mustang's ancient walled capital city of Lo Manthang will be the highlight. A thousand men, women and children participate in the annual... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Bregenz reviews - Austria
Nice Austrian city, lying directly to the lake of Constance. In the summer it offers you great views on the sea and there are a lot of...
Bergen, nice city by the lake
Sarajevo reviews - Bosnia And Herzegowina
About us Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the...
Erding reviews - Germany
This was our yearly trip with my buddies from Highschool. We had a ton of fun. The first day we drove off too see our home town team Ravensburg...
A visit at Erdinger Brauerei
Santo Domingo reviews - Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic is located on the Hispaniola Island, which it shares with Haiti. Before its discovery by the Europeans, the Dominican...
Great vacation in Santo Domingo
Repashuta reviews - Hungary
We arrived around 11 a.m. to Miskolc, where my boyfriend's (Zoli) relatives live. Miskolc is a city situated in north Hungary. After eating and...
First Day in Repashuta
Delhi reviews - India
Located in mighty Himalayan ranges, Nepal is a beautiful country spreading its charm on all tourists worldwide. The country is considered as one of...
Avail Nepal Trekking Tours to See the Snow Leopard
Mexico City reviews - Mexico
Über Mexico Die Mexicaner sind sehr stolz auf ihre Traditionen. Sie haben überall Traditionen, wie zum Beispiel in der Kunst, im...
Meinem Besuch in Mexiko
Polangui reviews - Philippines
Polangui is one of the towns in the Province of Albay situated in the Bicol Region. The latter is found in Southern Luzon. I had the privilege to...
Polangui is a pearl of The Philippines
Sovata reviews - Romania
The previous day we arrived to Sovata. This little city is famous because it has some very salted lakes. Two of them are opened for the people who...
Last station: Sovata and the Bear Lake
Orlando reviews - Florida
In this time of crisis when even the year 2012 scare me because of the profecies, we need to move quickly to enjoy life. That is why, right now I...
Discount vacations to Orlando