Mustang Tiji festival Trekking Nepal, Kathmandu
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek 2011
Run By Nepal Visitors
The historical remote Mustang trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang, a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on: a land said to be “barren as a dead deer” but where beauty and happiness abound is spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830′s. The wall city of Lo Monthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Trekking in Mustang was officially opened in 1992. It allows limited numbers of trekkers each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled forbidden kingdom of vast, arid valleys, eroded canyons, ochre valley, yak caravans, colourful-painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri makes your medieval walled kingdom Mustang trekking a very especial one.
Nepal Visitors regularly organizes trek to the Himalayan Kingdom of Mustang targeting TIJI festival a three days long ritual known as” The chasing of the Demons”, one of the most important festival of the region. Over the festive time monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits. Dressed in their finery, people from all over Mustang gather in Lo Monthang to celebrate the Tiji Festival Trek
* 01 May 2011: Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
* 02 May 2011: Day 02: Kathmandu full day sightseeing with german speaking guide (Boudhanath,Pasupatinath and Soyambunath)
* 03 May 2011: Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, trancefer to Hotel.
* 04 May 2011: Day 04: flight to Jomson & Trek to Kagbeni
* Restricted area:
* 05 May 2011: Day 05: Kagbeni – Chele – Camping
* 06 May 2011: Day 06: Chele – Gilling – Camping (Via chungse Gompa)
* 07 May 2011: Day 07: Gilling – Dakmar – Camping
* 08 May 2011: Day 08: Dakmar – Tsarang – Camping (via lho-gekar, Ghar Gompa)
* 09 May 2011: Day 09: Tsarang – Lo-Manthang – Camping
* 10 May 2011: Day 10: Lo-Manthang Day hiking (Choksar, Chonup, Namgyal by hourse (upper restricted area) – Camping
* (Start Tiji Festival)
* 11 May 2011: Day 11: Lo-Manthang – Tiji Festival
* 12 May 2011: Day 12: Lo- Manthang – Tiji Festival Ends
* 13 May 2011: Day 13: Lo-manthang – Yara – Camping
* 14 May 2011: Day 14: Yara – Tange – Camping
* 15 May 2011: Day 15: Tange – Tetang – Camping
* 16 May 2011: Day 16: Tetang – Muktinath – Camping
* Exit Restricted area:
* 17 May 2011: Day 17: Muktinath – Jomsom Stay in Hotel
* 18 May 2011: Day 18: Jomsom – Pokhara (Day okhara Sightseing)
* 19 May 2011: Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu tranfer to Hotel
* 20 May 2011: Day 20: Final depart to your own destination.
* 2 persons =USD 2299
* 3-6 persons=USD 2099
* 7-10 persons=USD 1899
* 11-15 persons= USD 1699
* 16- Above persons= USD 1455
* Single Supplyment Charge will be 15% on the above cost.
* 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu 3 star bed & breakfast
* 1 night hotel in Pokhara Bed and breakfast.
* Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu.
* Fully camping trek with meal, guide, sherpas, porters, cook etc.
* 2 men tent, dining tent, table & seating chair, toilet tent.
* Necessary Kitchen equipment
* Annapurna Conservation fee
* Transportation of staff & equipment
* Staff flight Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara
* Cargo for trekking goods from Pokhara – Jomsom -Pokhara
* Domestic airport tax
* Insurance & clothing for trekking staff.
* Air port /hotel/airport transfer
* 1 full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
* Kathmandu – Pokhara Deluxe Air-Condition bus
* last day good bye dinner in Kathmandu with official staff.
* Our Service Charge and all government taxes
* All expenses of personal nature
* Personal travel insurance
* Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
* Helicopter rescue incase needed
* Medicine as well as in trekking
* International airport taxes
* Tips for staff
* Laundry, phone calls
* Bar bills, Mineral water, Sweety, candy
For More information:
Nepal Visitors Trekking and Walking (P) Ltd.
P.O. Box:19760, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel:+977-1-4263133, Fax:+977-1-4216454, +9779841258665 (M)
Website: Nepal Trekking
Visit our official reviews on tripadviser.com
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
Read about Kathmandu in our travel-guide
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011
Recommended Kathmandu Guide
Kathmandu, Nepal is known as the commercial, cultural and political center of the country and is thus the most visited spot for tourists, as well. While it used to be a kingdom, it now comes with three major cities, including Bhaktapur and Patna. Seven UNESCO cultural heritage sites can be found in the valley of Kathmandu. Kathmandu is filled with numerous palace squares, shrines and temples, but there are also a lot of ancient sculptures and charming bazaars that reside in this valley. Legend has it that Gautama Buddha, Lord Shiva and the Living Goddess Kumari have all walked in this city of old. Explore what it has to offer today.... Read more »
Recent reviews for Kathmandu
A trip to Everest Base Camp Trekking - Feb 4, 2010, by outfitternp
Everest base camp trekking is a famous and challenging trek in Khumbu Nepal. The trek is famous for its spectacular mountain peaks and friendliness of its inhabitants (Sherpa). The Everest region (Khumbu) is one of the most popular... Read more »
Vacation in Nepal - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
RIVER RAFTING IN NEPAL In fact, Nepal is known to contain the world’s best rivers for white-water experiences. After mountain expedition river rafting is the most exciting and adventurous sport in Nepal. It is a journey on the... Read more »
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011 - Nov 17, 2010, by nepalibb
Nepal Adventure Point offering the Tiji festival trip in Mustang every year. The Tiji Festival in Mustang's ancient walled capital city of Lo Manthang will be the highlight. A thousand men, women and children participate in the annual... Read more »
Things to see in Kathmandu - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
We are pleased to organize tours in the historical, cultural, pilgrimage and Natural sites throughout the Kingdom. Nepal boasts a rich cultural, traditional, ethnic, biological and geological diversity. It is well worth exploring during... Read more »
Adventures on the Himalayas - Apr 21, 2009, by nepalibb
Greeting from Nepal Himalayas! My Name is B.B. Bhandari. Currently I am operating trekking and tours in Nepal. I am also looking for tour operator to Nepal therefore if you have any interest to evolve in this tourism business and would... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Alicante reviews - Spain
Alicante is a nice harbour city and one of Spains fast growing cities. It offer you some possibilities in every direction. For example the weekly...
Nice parks and bullfighting in Alicante
Avignon reviews - France
Aix is a nice french city, you can visit, if you're in the area. It's known for the palace of the french popes in the center. There are nice...
Aix is a must see in Provence
Lille reviews - France
First of all I want to say this: I consider Lille one of the most extraordinary places I’ve been too and returning there is somewhere like a...
My travel back to Lille
Kalamata reviews - Greece
Very small village, only with some buildings and small store, at least one restaurant, directly at the train station. The city is well known for...
The best climate in Greece
Sparti reviews - Greece
Well known city from the greek history. One of the biggest competitors of Athens, also in a military sense. The modern city is like most of the...
Short trip to Sparti
Nyiregyhaza reviews - Hungary
We (me and my girlfriend) planned to go on a weeklong trip a long time ago, but we had to wait until our brand new car arrived and all the papers...
Visiting the Zoo of Nyiregyhaza
New Delhi reviews - India
Akal Thakat-Gurdwara Sahib is located in New Delhi, the capital of India, and bears the name of Golden Temple. This is the core of Sikhism religion...
What to see in New Delhi
Siem Reap reviews - Cambodia
Arriving late in Siem Reap did not give us too many choices. I was a bit hungry so I decided to stop over at the little market across the street...
Siem Reap, like in the tales
Fagaras reviews - Romania
The day before we had driven to Fagaras city and there we found a pretty fine motel at last... There are many motels and hotels in the area but...
In the Fagaras Mountains, Romania
Bratislava reviews - Slovakia
Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia, one of the 4 capitals in Central Europe where the Danube flows through, near the border of both Austria and...