Mustang Tiji festival Trekking Nepal, Kathmandu
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek 2011
Run By Nepal Visitors
The historical remote Mustang trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang, a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on: a land said to be “barren as a dead deer” but where beauty and happiness abound is spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830′s. The wall city of Lo Monthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Trekking in Mustang was officially opened in 1992. It allows limited numbers of trekkers each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled forbidden kingdom of vast, arid valleys, eroded canyons, ochre valley, yak caravans, colourful-painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri makes your medieval walled kingdom Mustang trekking a very especial one.
Nepal Visitors regularly organizes trek to the Himalayan Kingdom of Mustang targeting TIJI festival a three days long ritual known as” The chasing of the Demons”, one of the most important festival of the region. Over the festive time monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits. Dressed in their finery, people from all over Mustang gather in Lo Monthang to celebrate the Tiji Festival Trek
* 01 May 2011: Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
* 02 May 2011: Day 02: Kathmandu full day sightseeing with german speaking guide (Boudhanath,Pasupatinath and Soyambunath)
* 03 May 2011: Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, trancefer to Hotel.
* 04 May 2011: Day 04: flight to Jomson & Trek to Kagbeni
* Restricted area:
* 05 May 2011: Day 05: Kagbeni – Chele – Camping
* 06 May 2011: Day 06: Chele – Gilling – Camping (Via chungse Gompa)
* 07 May 2011: Day 07: Gilling – Dakmar – Camping
* 08 May 2011: Day 08: Dakmar – Tsarang – Camping (via lho-gekar, Ghar Gompa)
* 09 May 2011: Day 09: Tsarang – Lo-Manthang – Camping
* 10 May 2011: Day 10: Lo-Manthang Day hiking (Choksar, Chonup, Namgyal by hourse (upper restricted area) – Camping
* (Start Tiji Festival)
* 11 May 2011: Day 11: Lo-Manthang – Tiji Festival
* 12 May 2011: Day 12: Lo- Manthang – Tiji Festival Ends
* 13 May 2011: Day 13: Lo-manthang – Yara – Camping
* 14 May 2011: Day 14: Yara – Tange – Camping
* 15 May 2011: Day 15: Tange – Tetang – Camping
* 16 May 2011: Day 16: Tetang – Muktinath – Camping
* Exit Restricted area:
* 17 May 2011: Day 17: Muktinath – Jomsom Stay in Hotel
* 18 May 2011: Day 18: Jomsom – Pokhara (Day okhara Sightseing)
* 19 May 2011: Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu tranfer to Hotel
* 20 May 2011: Day 20: Final depart to your own destination.
* 2 persons =USD 2299
* 3-6 persons=USD 2099
* 7-10 persons=USD 1899
* 11-15 persons= USD 1699
* 16- Above persons= USD 1455
* Single Supplyment Charge will be 15% on the above cost.
* 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu 3 star bed & breakfast
* 1 night hotel in Pokhara Bed and breakfast.
* Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu.
* Fully camping trek with meal, guide, sherpas, porters, cook etc.
* 2 men tent, dining tent, table & seating chair, toilet tent.
* Necessary Kitchen equipment
* Annapurna Conservation fee
* Transportation of staff & equipment
* Staff flight Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara
* Cargo for trekking goods from Pokhara – Jomsom -Pokhara
* Domestic airport tax
* Insurance & clothing for trekking staff.
* Air port /hotel/airport transfer
* 1 full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
* Kathmandu – Pokhara Deluxe Air-Condition bus
* last day good bye dinner in Kathmandu with official staff.
* Our Service Charge and all government taxes
* All expenses of personal nature
* Personal travel insurance
* Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
* Helicopter rescue incase needed
* Medicine as well as in trekking
* International airport taxes
* Tips for staff
* Laundry, phone calls
* Bar bills, Mineral water, Sweety, candy
For More information:
Nepal Visitors Trekking and Walking (P) Ltd.
P.O. Box:19760, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel:+977-1-4263133, Fax:+977-1-4216454, +9779841258665 (M)
Website: Nepal Trekking
Visit our official reviews on tripadviser.com
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
Read about Kathmandu in our travel-guide
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011
Recommended Kathmandu Guide
Kathmandu, Nepal is known as the commercial, cultural and political center of the country and is thus the most visited spot for tourists, as well. While it used to be a kingdom, it now comes with three major cities, including Bhaktapur and Patna. Seven UNESCO cultural heritage sites can be found in the valley of Kathmandu. Kathmandu is filled with numerous palace squares, shrines and temples, but there are also a lot of ancient sculptures and charming bazaars that reside in this valley. Legend has it that Gautama Buddha, Lord Shiva and the Living Goddess Kumari have all walked in this city of old. Explore what it has to offer today.... Read more »
Recent reviews for Kathmandu
Kathmandu adventures - Nov 14, 2009, by nepalibb
Update Mai the 12 2015 Travelgrove Team Laxmi Dhakal, an official of the Nepalese Home Ministry confirmed that 42 people were killed (the most in Kathmandu and Dolakha) and at least 1,117 injured in the magnitude 7.3 earthquake.... Read more »
Vacation in Nepal - Aug 6, 2010, by kodamatour
RIVER RAFTING IN NEPAL In fact, Nepal is known to contain the world’s best rivers for white-water experiences. After mountain expedition river rafting is the most exciting and adventurous sport in Nepal. It is a journey on the... Read more »
Nepal Mustang Tiji Festival Trip 2011 - Nov 17, 2010, by nepalibb
Nepal Adventure Point offering the Tiji festival trip in Mustang every year. The Tiji Festival in Mustang's ancient walled capital city of Lo Manthang will be the highlight. A thousand men, women and children participate in the annual... Read more »
Trip to Kathmandu - Oct 19, 2010, by nepalibb
Namaste & Greeting from Nepal Nepal Adventure Point organizing the Christmas & New Year festival's familiarization trip in Nepal every year. This special package tour offering the whole discovery of Nepal totally you will... Read more »
Adventures on the Himalayas - Apr 21, 2009, by nepalibb
Greeting from Nepal Himalayas! My Name is B.B. Bhandari. Currently I am operating trekking and tours in Nepal. I am also looking for tour operator to Nepal therefore if you have any interest to evolve in this tourism business and would... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Sofia reviews - Bulgaria
Sofia has been conquered repeatedly throughout its history and has been part of the Roman, Macedonian, and Byzantine Empires, and in the Twentieth...
Valencia reviews - Spain
Interesting city, with an medieval fort at the harbour, a bull fighting arena and several other old buildings within the city. The streets an...
Bull fighting and old buildings in Valencia
Mumbai reviews - India
Astute stay Service Apartments for the first time in Navi MumbaiAstute stay has made the best way for people to stay in service apartments. Astute...
Service Apartments for the first time in Navi Mumbai
Milan reviews - Italy
Milan, known for devotion to fashion and design, is the principle city of Northern Italy and a major economic force in Europe. The population of...
All you have to know about Milan
Bucharest reviews - Romania
The Parliament Palace is also know as Casa Poporului (House of the People). It is a colossal edifice with a length of 270 m, width of 240 m, height...
What to see in the Parliament Palace of Bucharest
Pietroasa reviews - Romania
Padis is the region located 20 km east wards from the former miner city of Pietroasa. It is a great spot for all kinds of visitors. There are nice...
Family trip to Padis
Sacuieni reviews - Romania
Overview of Sacueni (Szekelyhid in Hungarian and Zickelhid in German) Sacueni is a small village in Bihor near the capital of the County, Oradea...
Small town next to the border
Bangkok reviews - Thailand
One of the best places to visit. Bangkok is cultural, diverse, interesting, amazing, friendly, and really lots of fun. Make sure you stay away from...
The amazing Bangkok
Laguna Beach reviews - California
I used to leave in Lake Forest, and this really seemed to be one of the best places to hang out at during the weekend. There are great places to...
Refreshing days in Lake Forest, CA
Los Angeles reviews - California
Los Angeles is much less exciting than New York. There is not much to see for people who don't know their way in LA. First off, you cannot...
Poker in LA