Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Beijing reviews - China
This is a news about new arrival Tablet PC. It is said that, HTC is developing a 10 inch Tablet PC and will introduce to 4G LTE of AT &...
New Arrival 10 Inch Android 3.0 Tablet PC
Leticia reviews - Colombia
For you who are thinking about travelling to Colombia, consider visit Leticia and the Amazon region. Leticia is easy to get around and it is a very...
Adventures in the rainforests of Colombia
Constance reviews - Germany
Mainau is an island in Lake Constance. It is maintained as a garden island and a model of excellent environmental practices. We just arrived to...
Things to do in Constance
Paris reviews - France
Louvre is the largest museum of history and art from France and one of the most important museums in the world. It is located in the heart of Paris...
Quick facts about the Louvre Museum
Florence reviews - Italy
Florence is one of the biggest Italian cities, you absolitely shouldn't miss it. It offers a wide range of history, a beautiful historical city...
Florence is a must-see in Italy
Venice reviews - Italy
A nice city, showing you a huge block of history in the city center, like the palace of the Doge, the former ruler of Venice. Also the markus place...
Rent a boat for the channels in Venice
Saltillo reviews - Mexico
We had some more crazy party days. I really needed the time off to relax a bit and spend some time somewhere else than back home. To my...
Why to visit Saltillo, Mexico
Alba Iulia reviews - Romania
Alba Iulia is a nice city in Transilvania. It's very important regarding the historical sights. What I've visited and I was impresed about, when I...
What to visit in Alba Iulia
Kanab reviews - Utah
The same day we left from Bryce Canyon to drive all the way to Page, AZ. This is where Lake Powell is located. We really didn't have much time and...
Visiting the Coral Pink and Red Sand Dunes
Arosa reviews - Switzerland
Arosa is a small mountain resort in Switzerland. It was discovered in 1883 as a health resort, but after a few years it became a winter resort. It...
Snowboard and ski in Arosa