Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Koln reviews - Germany
Wo liegt Köln? Köln liegt in Rheinland Pfalz am Rhein, ein großer Fluss. Köln ist die viertgrößte Stadt in...
Warum besuchen Köln
Santo Domingo reviews - Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic is located on the Hispaniola Island, which it shares with Haiti. Before its discovery by the Europeans, the Dominican...
Great vacation in Santo Domingo
Repashuta reviews - Hungary
We arrived around 11 a.m. to Miskolc, where my boyfriend's (Zoli) relatives live. Miskolc is a city situated in north Hungary. After eating and...
First Day in Repashuta
Naples reviews - Italy
Naples itself isn't a very beautiful city, in my oppinion. In its outskirts often look spoiled and dirty. The city center looks better, but cant...
A weekend in Naples
Oradea reviews - Romania
There is not too much I can say about Romania. Lots of fun at night and lots of work during the day. I usually get to the office at around 11-12...
My visits to Oradea
Anchorage reviews - Alaska
If you really like traveling you must watch this film! I really really recommend it to you! Into the Wild is a 2007 film based on the 1996...
Travels in Alaska, review of a great movie
Cottonwood reviews - Utah
Brighton Resort is a place where skier’s dream of plenty of snow can come true, here as in most of Utah’s resorts snow is incredible...
Skiers dream about Brighton Resort, UT
Honokaa reviews - Hawaii
The best place to stay in the whole Honokaa is definitely the Kalopa Homestead Guest House. It is very cozy very well equipped and feels almost...
Accomodation in Honokaa
Vail reviews - Colorado
Vail is a very popular ski resort located at 109 miles West of Denver. Lots of Europeans and Americans love it not only for its natural beauty but...
Snowboard and ski in Vail, CO
Vigo di Fassa reviews - Italy
Located in the Trentino County next to the border with Alto Adige County, Val di Fassa is a valley comprising many mountain resorts: Canazei,...
Best mountain resorts of Val di Fassa, Italy