Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Cologne reviews - Germany
Cologne is one crazy large and fun town that may be worth a visit when in Germany. Its closely located near Düsseldorf as well, so there are...
Things to do in Cologne
Erding reviews - Germany
This was our yearly trip with my buddies from Highschool. We had a ton of fun. The first day we drove off too see our home town team Ravensburg...
A visit at Erdinger Brauerei
Luxor reviews - Egypt
Luxor is one of the oldest cities in the world, with over 7000 years old. It is situated on the border of the river Nil in the center of Egypt, in...
Luxor for first time visitors
Patras reviews - Greece
Its a big, ugly city, only mass tourism oriented, nothing special about it. When we asked a taxi driver for the next beach, he drove us to 'Rion...
Not amazed by Patras
Salerno reviews - Italy
It was time for some sea break. But also there was history. A beautiful ancient roman sea villa was located there and of course we listened again...
Having great time in Salerno
Udine reviews - Italy
Udine is a perfect example of an Italian city. It is very boisterous destination, with typical Italian architecture everywhere you go. It is close...
Oradea reviews - Romania
The Carnival of Flowers is an event which is organized in every year on the 20th of August in Debrecen, Hungary. This day is the national holiday...
Carnival of Flowers in Oradea
Krabi reviews - Thailand
Today was great, we finally went to some of the most awesome islands and beaches Thailand has to offer. We booked a boat trip with about 15 other...
The best beaches and islands of Thailand
Mui Ne reviews - Vietnam
I had a chance to travel Mui Ne in 2 days with my family. That was very fund and memoriable. I really impressed with the sand dunes there. So I...
Mui Ne Vacation
Jackson Hole reviews - Wyoming
Not further than 57 miles from Yellowstone National Park, Jakson Hole has found a way to become a successful resort town while managing to keep...
Ski and have fun in Jackson Hole, WY