Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Brussels reviews - Belgium
Maybe the first thing I want to point out from the beginning is that Bruxelles is not a one day city to visit. In my opinion, 2 or 3 days is...
One-day trip in Brussels
Nafplion reviews - Greece
The starting and central point of our vacation was Nafplion. Our trips to Argos and Mykene were only daytrips, we always came back. We usually want...
Vacation in Nafplion
Ghadames reviews - Libya
Prezzo in all inclusive, full board, 4 voli interni, visti Euro 1.490,00 a persona in hotel 2/3 stelle a Tripoli, 2 stelle a Ghadames e Dar Tellil...
Polangui reviews - Philippines
Polangui is one of the towns in the Province of Albay situated in the Bicol Region. The latter is found in Southern Luzon. I had the privilege to...
Polangui is a pearl of The Philippines
Ban Khlong Yang reviews - Thailand
The next day was really nice, we got up late, had a great breakfast and finally saw the sun again. Our luck had changed and we could enjoy a full...
Railay Beach - Nice Place
Muang Krabi reviews - Thailand
We got up early morning and headed out to the airport. The airline which even I didn’t know “One Two Go” was pretty good and...
Adventures in Ao Nang
Boston reviews - Massachusetts
The tourist can discover Boston by night as a laid-back place to calm down with a drink, take pleasure in a polite dinner while listening to a live...
Boston for night-birds
Jacksonville reviews - Florida
Population: 16 million Major Airports: Miami International Airport - Miami (MIA), Fort Lauderdale International Airport - Forth Lauderdale...
How to get ahead in Florida
Yellowstone reviews - Wisconsin
The following content has been provided generously by the Geyser Guru David Monteith, whatever you see here about Yellowstone Park Geysers is...
The geysers of Yellowstone Park
Schruns reviews - Austria
Schruns itself isnt a big village. Some kind of normal, small town, lying close to some mountains, great for skiing. One of these is the so called...
Wonderful sky area