Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Matala reviews - Greece
Matala has some great ancient caves, originally dug out during the stone age and used for worship. In the sixties hippies used them as housing and...
The beaches and attractions of Matala, Greece
Reykjavik reviews - Iceland
Iceland The following content has been contributed by Trausti Tomasson - Please visit his galleries here: http://www.destination-iceland...
The geysers and fjords of Iceland
Campli reviews - Italy
Die Santa Maria In Platea Kirche war früher eine echte Kathedrale. Sie wurde 1395 gebaut. Den Kirchturm hat Antonio da Lodi erbaut und ist so...
Zehn Gründe füe einen Besuch in Campli
Polangui reviews - Philippines
Polangui is one of the towns in the Province of Albay situated in the Bicol Region. The latter is found in Southern Luzon. I had the privilege to...
Polangui is a pearl of The Philippines
Curtea de Arges reviews - Romania
We had chosen a longer way to get home (back to the motel) but I'm glad we did so. We had the opportunity to visit the Vidraru Lake, one of the...
Short trip to the Vidraru Lake, Romania
Lacu Rosu reviews - Romania
It was about 1 or 2 o'clock in the afternoon when we arrived to the Red Lake (this translation comes from the Romanian Lacul Rosu, but in Hungarian...
At the Red Lake of Romania
Oradea reviews - Romania
Some pictures about me made by Zoli, just for fun. :) We are waiting to start our journey... We are really excited, this is a very big thing for us...
Initial experiences in Oradea
Suncuius reviews - Romania
Sonkolyos is a recreation area on the banks of the river Crisul Repede. Offering rocks for climbing, a large place for tents, bathing possibilitiy...
Camping at Suncuius, Romania
Cambria reviews - California
We just got back from a 3 week holiday in the US and stayed in one of the nicest bed and breakfast along the way. Cambria is a town half way...
Short visit in Cambria, CA
Villach reviews - Austria
Between lakes and mountain peaks in the very heart of Carinthia lies the town of Villach. It is a popular family destination that has specialized...
Villach, a city among mountain peaks