Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Zurich reviews - Switzerland
Zurich is one of the richest cities in Europe and it is also very expensive so when you go, make sure you take plenty of money with you because you...
Visit Zurich with a lot of money
Cartagena reviews - Spain
Culture, leisure and festivals...this is what Region of Murcia offers you during this summer season. When you are here you have the chance to enjoy...
La Mar de Musicas Festival
Mysore reviews - India
Mysore is one of the top tourist destinations in the state of Karnataka,India. With a rich cultural and royal heritage to its credit, Mysore offers...
Tourist Attractions in Mysore
Manila reviews - Philippines
Place Manila is the capital of Philippines. Such a very huge city. I never seen anything like it. It has a lot to offer to every person who comes...
Experiences of a Manila trip
Polangui reviews - Philippines
Polangui is one of the towns in the Province of Albay situated in the Bicol Region. The latter is found in Southern Luzon. I had the privilege to...
Polangui is a pearl of The Philippines
Chiscau reviews - Romania
Hi there, I’m writing this article to share with you my trip with the family to one of the greatest dripstone cave in the Romania. This is...
Visiting The Bear's Cave
Constanta reviews - Romania
As extent, the city of Mangalia is the second black Sea's spa, having an ancient age. It was set up by the Greek people and its initial name was...
Mangalia, the best place at the Black Sea
Fagaras reviews - Romania
The day before we had driven to Fagaras city and there we found a pretty fine motel at last... There are many motels and hotels in the area but...
In the Fagaras Mountains, Romania
Johannesburg reviews - South Africa
South Africa - Johannesburg Summers can be very hot so people usually choose the spring time as their choice of travel time. North Africa...
Weather forecast for Africa
Altenmarkt/Zauchensee reviews - Austria
Zauchensee is located in an area that is 1,350m above sea level and this height together with the position of the resort assures skiers plenty of...
Zauchensee, a great ski resort in Austria