Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
York reviews - United Kingdom
The UK's favourite city, where a weekend is never enough, when I was there a few times, I think is the most beautiful city in North Yorkshire. If...
Budapest reviews - Hungary
Budapest is the best and one of the cheapest places in Central Europe, if you know where to go and what to do.. Getting from the Airport or Train...
How to save money in Budapest?
Szentendre reviews - Hungary
Szentendre is a beautiful little city near the capital of Hungary, Budapest. The historical city center is the best part of it :) Cars are not...
How to get to Szentendre
Mysore reviews - India
Mysore is one of the top tourist destinations in the state of Karnataka,India. With a rich cultural and royal heritage to its credit, Mysore offers...
Tourist Attractions in Mysore
Venice reviews - Italy
A nice city, showing you a huge block of history in the city center, like the palace of the Doge, the former ruler of Venice. Also the markus place...
Rent a boat for the channels in Venice
Haarlem reviews - Netherlands
Haarlem is a small town, situated near Amsterdam about 20 km from the Dutch capital. It is know for it's rich history, beautiful architecture...
Racatau reviews - Romania
If you wanna have a little rest in the wildness of the nature, Racatau is for you. Great forester place, with many weekend houses for rent. It is...
Back to the nature in Rucatau, Romania
Las Palmas reviews - Puerto Rico
Palmas Del Mar can easily bring to you a corner of paradise. This place found in Puerto Rico is one of the most exclusive, luxurious and...
Beaches and great food in Palmas Del Mar
Santa Monica reviews - California
After 3 days of heavy eating and drinking, I finally had some time on my own to visit Venice. I cannot believe I couldn't make it out here earlier,...
Getting around in Venice Beach
Radstadt reviews - Austria
Located near Salzburg at the confluence of Taurach and Enns River in a beautiful valley with Roßbrand Mountain in the background, Radstadt is...
The best ski resort in Austria