Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Kingston reviews - Ontario
The city of Kingston is situated in the proximity of Ontario Lake and is part of Ontario Province, Canada. The city of Kingston is also the county...
Visit Kingston in every season
Toronto reviews - Ontario
Still a youth town by worldwide principles, Toronto is rising up fast and pleasingly. It’s Canada's largest and most significant city, and...
Great clubs and music in Toronto
Blesle reviews - France
Blesle is a small village in Haute-Loire department, Auvergne region, central France. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and...
What to see in Blesle
Nice reviews - France
Nice, France - Sights The city of Nice is as beautiful as its name and it houses many eponymous attractions.Promenade des Anglais The boulevards,...
The attractions of Nice
Edinburgh reviews - United Kingdom
Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland is charming with an outstanding history and diverse yet delightful architecture. it is very famous for owning...
Patras reviews - Greece
Its a big, ugly city, only mass tourism oriented, nothing special about it. When we asked a taxi driver for the next beach, he drove us to 'Rion...
Not amazed by Patras
Dublin reviews - Ireland
It was a great trip to ireland with two of my best friends. We met at Dublin, rented a car and just drove through the country and visited the main...
Roundtrip thorugh Ireland
Agra reviews - India
The Taj Mahal is considered one of the 7 wonders of the world in 2007. It is located in Agra, India and was built between years 1630 and 1653 by...
Taj Mahal facts
Capaccio reviews - Italy
That was a really outstanding adventure for me and two friends. We only knew where to go to by train. Everything else we just decided spontaneously...
Enjoying the sea in Capaccio
Santa Monica reviews - California
After 3 days of heavy eating and drinking, I finally had some time on my own to visit Venice. I cannot believe I couldn't make it out here earlier,...
Getting around in Venice Beach