Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Thun reviews - Switzerland
What can you do in this small city? Well I would say everything, really. It's a small, but really attractive city between the Alps and Thun lake....
A lot of things to do in Thun Switzerland
Gythion reviews - Greece
If you're in the south of Greece and you want to go somewhere by bus, go to Gythion. There's a bus mainstation, from where you can reach all...
What to do in Gythion
Esztergom reviews - Hungary
Esztergom is a city very close to the capital city, Budapest. I visited it many years ago with my classmates. I remember that the city is quite...
The attractions of Esztergom
Repashuta reviews - Hungary
We arrived around 11 a.m. to Miskolc, where my boyfriend's (Zoli) relatives live. Miskolc is a city situated in north Hungary. After eating and...
First Day in Repashuta
Campli reviews - Italy
Die Santa Maria In Platea Kirche war früher eine echte Kathedrale. Sie wurde 1395 gebaut. Den Kirchturm hat Antonio da Lodi erbaut und ist so...
Zehn Gründe füe einen Besuch in Campli
Milan reviews - Italy
The history of Milan is as interesting and complicated as that of any importantcity. Milan began as an ancient Celtic settlement around 600BC and...
What to know about Milan before you get there
Siem Reap reviews - Cambodia
I woke up a bit dizzy from last night’s adventure and really had a hard time getting up. It’s always a pain when you are traveling with...
Traveling to Siem Reap, Cambodia
Mexico City reviews - Mexico
Population: 104 million Major Airports: * Juarez International Airport, Mexico City - MEX * Cancun International Airport - CUN ...
Traveling in Mexico
Tsumeb reviews - Namibia
On the drive to Etosha National Park the weather was extremely hot. The road was of 500 km, so we almost melted, but finally we arrived. The park...
Adventures at Etosha National Park
Phoenix reviews - Arizona
Nearly ideal year round weather & some perfectly designed contest have made Phoenix the top golf country in the world. However, there is more...
Deserts, climbing and museums in Phoenix