Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Nassau reviews - Bahamas
Come and enjoy two exotic destinations in the Atlantic. The two Caribbean islands located southeast of the capital city Nassau, named Acklins...
The best places on the Bahamas
Tongli reviews - China
Located in Jiangsu province, the Tongli ancient town is surrounded by waters in four sides, which is 80 kilometers east to Shanghai Hongqiao...
Visiting Tongli Ancient Water Town
Ulm reviews - Germany
Wo liegt Ulm? Ulm ist eine Universitätsstadt in Baden- Wüttemberg. Ulm liegt an der Donau, ein großer Fluss und...
Sie müssen wissen über Ulm
Szentendre reviews - Hungary
Szentendre is a beautiful little city near the capital of Hungary, Budapest. The historical city center is the best part of it :) Cars are not...
How to get to Szentendre
Montego Bay reviews - Jamaica
Please stay away from Sol de Caribbean Villa in Montego Bay, Jamaica. All our party got food poisoning at villa. The tv, fridge, air conditioner,...
Villa Sol de Caribbean
Kuala Lumpur reviews - Malaysia
A varied array of cultures and traditions, exotic cuisines, one of the largest emerging business markets, Asia is where you are. Asia is a...
Adventures in the exotic Kuala Lumpur
Bicaz reviews - Romania
After leaving the St. Anna lake we continued our journey. Our plan was to find a place to sleep in the village where the Red Lake (Killer Lake) is...
Amazing canyon in Romania
Constanta reviews - Romania
The black sea is an inland between southeastern Europe that is actually a distant arm of the Atlantic Ocean by way. There is a net inflow of...
Destination Black Sea
Singapore reviews - Singapore
Singapore is a great place, party European, and partly Asian. It's one of the most diverse places due to the mix between the traditional and the...
The attractions of Singapore
Detroit reviews - Michigan
Detroit is a large city in the state of Michigan and the seat of Wayne County. It is a main port city on Detroit River, in the Midwest area of the...
The short story of Detroit