Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Kastel Novi reviews - Croatia
Kastela –sights -Croatia The name Kastela refers to seven settlements located in the coastal part of the bay between Trogir and Solin. The...
Kastela - my favorite place in Croatia
Repashuta reviews - Hungary
We arrived around 11 a.m. to Miskolc, where my boyfriend's (Zoli) relatives live. Miskolc is a city situated in north Hungary. After eating and...
First Day in Repashuta
Paruzzaro reviews - Italy
Bangladesh Expeditions located at Paris, Rome & London is a leading tour operator in Bangladesh based at Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel. We have...
Great tour to Bangladesh
Selva Di Cadore reviews - Italy
Situated in the north eastern part Italy, part of the Italian Alps are called the Dolomites, known as the geological jewel of this part visited by...
The Italian Alps
Puok reviews - Cambodia
I am really not sure what to write about, one of the wonders of the world or the mess this country is in. I have no doubt that greed is what rules...
Experiencing Angkor Wat
Luxembourg reviews - Luxembourg
Luxembourg is the wealthiest country in Europe, and the second richest in the world after Qatar. Diminutive but powerful, it has an impressive...
Polangui reviews - Philippines
Polangui is one of the towns in the Province of Albay situated in the Bicol Region. The latter is found in Southern Luzon. I had the privilege to...
Polangui is a pearl of The Philippines
Pietroasa reviews - Romania
Padis is the region located 20 km east wards from the former miner city of Pietroasa. It is a great spot for all kinds of visitors. There are nice...
Family trip to Padis
El Djem reviews - Tunisia
This city would not be worth a visit if there wasnt the famous amphitheatre of El Djem there. Very well preserved, it's worth to take a look and a...
The attractions of El Djem
Las Palmas reviews - Puerto Rico
Palmas Del Mar can easily bring to you a corner of paradise. This place found in Puerto Rico is one of the most exclusive, luxurious and...
Beaches and great food in Palmas Del Mar