Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Xanten reviews - Germany
Xanten is a small town near the border of the netherlands. The landscape is mostly flat, typical for the area. The town itself doesnt offer so much...
Nice open air museum in Xanten
Paralia reviews - Greece
In Paralia-Katerini we staid in Akti Musson hotel and we were really pleased. It's not a luxorious place, of course, but very nice. The decoration...
Accomodation in Paralia
Valletta reviews - Malta
I wouldn't recommend Palazzetto Citta, I went there for my honeymoon and was very dissapointed by the lack of privacy, also I have the following...
Bad experiences in Valletta, Malta
Haarlem reviews - Netherlands
Haarlem is a small town, situated near Amsterdam about 20 km from the Dutch capital. It is know for it's rich history, beautiful architecture...
Kathmandu reviews - Nepal
RIVER RAFTING IN NEPAL In fact, Nepal is known to contain the world’s best rivers for white-water experiences. After mountain expedition...
Vacation in Nepal
Lacu Rosu reviews - Romania
It was about 1 or 2 o'clock in the afternoon when we arrived to the Red Lake (this translation comes from the Romanian Lacul Rosu, but in Hungarian...
At the Red Lake of Romania
Ko Phangan reviews - Thailand
It was quite a long way to Koh Tao. We took the Speed Boat from Surat Thani. Unfortunately we had to stops, one in Koh Samui and one in Koh Pangan....
Koh Tao - My favorite Thai island
Krabi reviews - Thailand
Today was great, we finally went to some of the most awesome islands and beaches Thailand has to offer. We booked a boat trip with about 15 other...
The best beaches and islands of Thailand
Simferopol reviews - Ukraine
Wo liegt Krim? Krim liegt in der Ukraine. Sie ist eine Halbinsel im Schwarzen Meer. Krim hat ca. 2 Millionen Einwohner. Im Süden Krims ist...
Besuch Halbinsel Krim
Villach reviews - Austria
It has a unique place in the world, a location that gives you the freedom to find yourself, both mind and body. Between lakes and mountain peaks in...
Come to ski in the charming Villach