Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
Montreal reviews - Quebec
Although I had little time in Montreal, I thought that this was an absolute gem. The old town is fantastic and I really enjoyed the climb up to the...
Klein Jasmund reviews - Germany
First, this was a 2.5 days weekend trip to Ruegen. Just to let you know that this will be no detailed description of the island itself... Well, to...
Weekend Trip to Jasmund National Park
Capri reviews - Italy
Capri is a really lovely island. Even the roman emperors saw that. Tiberius has had a great villa on the highest spot of the island. It's nice to...
Capri, the best place in Greece
Cozumel reviews - Mexico
Located in the Caribbean Sea on the eastern side of the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico, the island of Cozumel covers 490-square-km. With 15 km (9...
Visit the great beaches of Cozumel Island
Saltillo reviews - Mexico
This is a nice little town that offers some good life to the local people. It's not all that interesting to go there as a tourist, but if you want...
Things to do in Saltillo
Kuala Lumpur reviews - Malaysia
A varied array of cultures and traditions, exotic cuisines, one of the largest emerging business markets, Asia is where you are. Asia is a...
Adventures in the exotic Kuala Lumpur
Tsumeb reviews - Namibia
On the drive to Etosha National Park the weather was extremely hot. The road was of 500 km, so we almost melted, but finally we arrived. The park...
Adventures at Etosha National Park
Suncuius reviews - Romania
Sonkolyos is a recreation area on the banks of the river Crisul Repede. Offering rocks for climbing, a large place for tents, bathing possibilitiy...
Camping at Suncuius, Romania
Yosemite Lakes Park reviews - California
Zion national parkFacts * Mukuntuweap National Monument was established in 1909; * This resulted in 1918 in Zion National...
The fabulous Yosemite Park
Road Town reviews - British Virgin Islands
Tortola, a mountainous island of 62-sq.-km, is the largest of the British Virgin Islands. THE CITY Road Town, located on the south coast of...
The attractions of Tortola