Top things to do in Monaco
Top things to do in Monaco
Monaco is one of the smallest countries in the world. A magic world of beauty's situated between mountains and sea, with beautiful gardens, cultural and sports events, hotels and restaurants of the highest quality and an enviable beach. Some of the most known places which worth to visit:
1.Cathedral of Monaco: It is known as the Cathedral of St. Nicholas which is located in Monaco-Ville and is the resting place for Grace Kelly and, recently for Rainier III. This Cathedral was built in 1875 on the site of a church that dates from 1252 and was dedicated to St. Nicholas.
2. The Observatory Cave (Grotte de l'Observatoire): This cave is the warmest cave in Europe because has an average temperature of 18.5 C. Visits are conducted under the guidance of competent guides and lasts about 35-40 minutes.
3. Exotic Gardens (Jardin Exotique): Only in this exotic garden which are unique in the world, you can see a wide variety of plants: all kinds of cacti, palm trees,a lots of multi-colored flowers and also admire a gorgeous panorama of the Mediteranean Sea.
4. Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium: Inside the Museum, the most visited sector is, of course, the huge hall of aquariums, where you can admire, in huge containers or in other smaller, about the whole fauna of the Mediterranean Sea, including sharks. It also can be seen a collection of shell, the skeletons of marine mammals, a series of stuffed animals or other exhibits related to the life and work of seamen.
5. Grand Prix Formula One race: The famous motor race Formula 1 - Grand Prix of Monaco is the only urban race what takes place on a narrow track of 3.3 kilometres with numerous loops and a tunnel;and is unfolds by 78 times to designate the winner.
6. Prince's Palace: The palace is situated on Rocher, a rock that dominates the neighborhood Fontvieille. The palace is only accessible to family and high officials of the Principality. Only a few rooms decorated with paintings are open to the public.
7. Grand Casino in Monte Carlo: Inaugurated in 1878, the Grand Casino is surrounded by an abundance of green spaces,fountains and alleys with statues of famous people. In Monaco, the Grand Casino, built by architect Garnier, represents interest for tourists but they mostly admire it only from outside.The access for players are allowed only if they prove they are not citizens of the Principality and if they have substantial financial resources.
8. Museum of Napoleonic Souvenirs and Collection of the Palace’s Historic Archives: It is a museum that belonged to the French Emperor Napoleon and the palace is near the Prince of Monaco.
Brilliant is the right word to describe the night life of the city which never sleeps. It is a luxury destination, which seems to be built just for the rich and famous people. Monaco provides many offers for having fun and most of them are waiting to be discovered by us.
Things about Monaco you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read about Monaco in our travel-guide
More reviews you might be interested in
London reviews - United Kingdom
It was way back in 2007. I was a fellowship student in Lille, France, along with three other colleagues from Oradea, Romania: Ioana, Csilla and...
A short trip to London from Lille
Patrai reviews - Greece
Patra is a big harbour city. You havent got much in the city besides one beach, adjacent to the industrial harbour. When we got in the taxi,...
Patrai is a nice Greek town
Sacuieni reviews - Romania
Overview of Sacueni (Szekelyhid in Hungarian and Zickelhid in German) Sacueni is a small village in Bihor near the capital of the County, Oradea...
Small town next to the border
Canakkale reviews - Turkey
Private gallipoli Guides provides educational,historical,sightseeing and private tours in troy,Turkey.Tours can be customised to fit your budget...
Tours in Gallipoli
Barstow reviews - California
We got up and were all fresh again after a good night rest at the hotel. We didn't even bother grabbing breakfast and were planning to eat some...
Shopping in Barstow
Fremont reviews - California
I had a trip Fremont, California so I looked up a Limo-Fremont Service. I saw http://www.elitelimousineinc.com/Fremont_limousines_company.htm and...
Limo Service for Fremont
Miami reviews - Florida
Florida discovered by the Spaniards in their search for the mythical 'Fountain of Youth', still to this day attracts the young or young at heart...
The seven wonders of Florida
Wisconsin Dells reviews - Wisconsin
I highly recommend the Glacier Canyon Resort. Located a few miles from downtown Wisconsin Dells. This property has 3 indoor water parks and 3...
Glacier Canyon Resort
Bergun reviews - Switzerland
Wo liegt Bergün? Bergün, auch Bravuogn genannt, ist ein kleines Dorf in der Schweiz. Es hat nur 505 Einwohner. Haupsächlig wird dort...
Was zu wissen über Bergün
Steamboat Springs reviews - Colorado
Steamboat Springs is a small town in Colorado of about 10,000 residents but its size does not match its importance. It is important as a historic...
Go to ski in Steamboat Springs