Sedgwick County Zoo, Wichita, Kansas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Wichita > Sedgwick County Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The zoo is open every so that is great, because you don't have to plan around their calendar. If you go during summer, the place (of course) is much greener and the some of the animals are even livelier. The only negative I found was that there are some animals which are in cages and that was really sad.
5555 Zoo Blvd, Wichita, KS 67212, USA
Kids $7.50, adults $12
8:30am-5pm daily (in winter from 10am)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Wichita
- Bella Luna CafeWe went to eat at this local Mediterranean restaurant at the hotel's recommendation and we loved it. The Bella Luna Cafe is more than just a cafe, it is a wonderful dining place which serves the most delicious hummus ever. Their pitas [...]D: 8.2mi00
- Old Cowtown MuseumA history museum that lives. There is nothing more interesting and engaging than traveling back in time, and at the Old Cowtown Museum that is what you do. Once you enter the museum grounds you are transported back to the end of the 19th [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Il Vicino PizzeriaA really good place to grab an authentic, excellent pizza whenever you're in a mood to something delicious and nutritious. The Il Vicino Pizzeria is Italian to its core, not only from their menu. The use the real Italian ingredients for [...]D: 8.5mi00
- Museum of World TreasuresThere is only one museum in Wichita and maybe the whole Kansas state that features such a wide variety of exhibits and collections. The Museum of World Treasures has not only dinosaur fossils, and other natural objects on display, but also [...]D: 6mi10
- BotanicaThe most appropriate time to visit the Wichita Gardens would be in summer or spring, because these are the times when the flowers are in bloom and that is the main reason the Botanica is so worth seeing. The whole place is so beautiful, so [...]D: 4.1mi00
Things about Wichita you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
If you go there by car, leave it on one of the parking lots connected to public transports, because the inner city is heavily traffic crowded.
General: Use park and ride spots
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
Standing at this landmark you can imagine how grounded are the people of Verona with their origination and history. Piazza delle Erbe is not only...
History & Culture: Piazza delle Erbe – Verona’s Prime
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
In the cave the temperature is about 7 Celsius, wear tick clothes
General: Wear tick clothes
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Featuring Middle-Eastern cuisine for over 20 years now, the Nazareth Restaurant & Deli welcomes the hungry man with open, friendly faces and...
Food: Nazareth Restaurant & Deli
The jewel of the city, the Old Louisville area is a symbol of beauty, tradition and history all combined and represented by the style and...
Sightseeing: Old Louisville
The Hue cuisine is distinct and is considered one of the best in Vietnam. The list available includes Hue traditional food and Royal Cuisine food...
General: What to eat in Hue