Sedgwick County Zoo, Wichita, Kansas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Wichita > Sedgwick County Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The zoo is open every so that is great, because you don't have to plan around their calendar. If you go during summer, the place (of course) is much greener and the some of the animals are even livelier. The only negative I found was that there are some animals which are in cages and that was really sad.
5555 Zoo Blvd, Wichita, KS 67212, USA
Kids $7.50, adults $12
8:30am-5pm daily (in winter from 10am)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Wichita
- Old Town WichitaThough it may be the historic district of the town and truly the buildings, warehouses and lampposts are all the original, though renovated 'accessories' of the district, the Old Town Wichita, however, is now the home of arts and [...]D: n/a00
- Exploration PlaceA lots of interesting exhibits, and a lot of fun objects all add up to the entertaining aspect of the Exploration Place educational center. Though being open for more than 10 years, some of the scientific gadgets may be going out of date, [...]D: 5mi00
- Keeper of the PlainsA beautiful place full of meaning and culture, tradition, the Keeper of the Plains is like a sacred place where Nature meets the people. Based on Native American culture, the 'park' tells about the four elements of Nature: Earth, [...]D: 4.8mi00
- BotanicaThe most appropriate time to visit the Wichita Gardens would be in summer or spring, because these are the times when the flowers are in bloom and that is the main reason the Botanica is so worth seeing. The whole place is so beautiful, so [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Texas RoadhouseThe best restaurant in town, indeed, considering everything: service, food, atmosphere, design. The Texas Roadhouse is very popular among the locals so it is no wonder they recommend it to visitors too, who are not disappointed either. I [...]D: 3.8mi00
Things about Wichita you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Bonao, Dominican Republic
Travel to the mountains of the caribbean. Climb the highest peak of the Caribbean. Pico Duarte
Outdoors Activities: Hotel Gold Premium
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Manchester, United Kingdom
Take a romantic walk among the bridges and boats of Castlefield. The canals are amazing, especially in the evening, after a good dinner in a nearby...
Sightseeing: Take a romantic walk
New Delhi, India
There is truly no place like home, but at Rama Inn, it is our aim to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.
Sightseeing: Hotel Rama Inn
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul's cultural scene, the Insa-dong Street, in the heart of the city is full of handicraft, antique and artwork shops. A true Mecca for...
Sightseeing: Insa-dong Street
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
Known as the favorite and popular Basque diner in the city, the Wool Growers surely presents you with something new. Eating with the locals there...
Food: Wool Growers
Buffalo, New York
The Buffalo City Hall is an exceptional building. It's grand and magnificent, a true architectural masterpiece. Go to the 13th floor and marvel...
History & Culture: Buffalo City Hall
Hong Kong, China
The world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze,...
History & Culture: The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island