Sedgwick County Zoo, Wichita, Kansas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Wichita > Sedgwick County Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The zoo is open every so that is great, because you don't have to plan around their calendar. If you go during summer, the place (of course) is much greener and the some of the animals are even livelier. The only negative I found was that there are some animals which are in cages and that was really sad.
5555 Zoo Blvd, Wichita, KS 67212, USA
Kids $7.50, adults $12
8:30am-5pm daily (in winter from 10am)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Wichita
- Kanai Sushi BarThe most exquisite restaurant that serves traditional Japanese food is definitely the Kanai Sushi Bar. I've wen there one day to try it out, I'm a big fan of sushi and I wasn't disappointed. The dishes were not only beautifully [...]D: 4.5mi10
- Old Cowtown MuseumA history museum that lives. There is nothing more interesting and engaging than traveling back in time, and at the Old Cowtown Museum that is what you do. Once you enter the museum grounds you are transported back to the end of the 19th [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Keeper of the PlainsA beautiful place full of meaning and culture, tradition, the Keeper of the Plains is like a sacred place where Nature meets the people. Based on Native American culture, the 'park' tells about the four elements of Nature: Earth, [...]D: 4.8mi00
- Diamond W ChuckwagonThe real treasure of Wichita lies with a dinner during one of the most popular western music bands at the Diamond W Chuckwagon. From May through August, almost every weekend you can go to the Chuckwagon, have your dinner which includes [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Pig In Pig Out BBQThis restaurant was voted one of the best barbecue restaurants in Wichita and with reason. They have one of the tastiest ribs and barbecue sauce in town. I tried them and they tasted delicious. Pig In Pig Out BBQ is a great place for those [...]D: 5.6mi00
Things about Wichita you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
You should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close.
Sightseeing: The Escorial
Among all the museums of Finland (and there is a significant number of them), this one is the biggest and the most interesting. If you are an...
History & Culture: Ateneum Art Museum
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
The fantastic ice range of the Cordillera Huayhuash is renowned for knife-edged 20,000-foot peaks that attract mountaineers from around the world....
Outdoors Activities: Trekking Hiking Cordillera Blanca Cordillera Huayhuash Peru
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The most beautiful turn-of-the-century home I've ever seen in Oklahoma City, the Overholser Mansion deserves the praise. It looks like s small...
History & Culture: Overholser Mansion
A definitely family friendly sports venue where kids ranging from 5 to 16 and adults from 17 to 30 can take part in the races. Delta Speedway is...
Family & Fun: Delta Speedway