History Comes Alive in Verona’s Ageless Beauty, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Verona > History Comes Alive in Verona’s Ageless Beauty
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
I am not much of a history person; rather the various ages and dates were always my foes, in memorizing. However, what I saw here made me search for books and read about the land, and indeed it was much more interesting than I thought it to be.
The late medieval period in Verona seems significantly important because of the religious prominence as well as the famine which had caused a major toll of lives. This city has been plundered, faced the wrath of natural calamities and each time it has stood up as beautifully as ever.
Giardino Giusti a garden from the renaissance period displays an eternally beautiful artwork and creativity, which is timeless and unchallenged. For exploring the magnificence of the medieval ages there are more churches to visit, San Fermo Maggiore and San Lorenzo Maggiore being equally attractive and charismatic.
And there is no chance you can miss out on the Roman constructions, which are the splendor of this land.
How to get there:
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Verona
- When Hunting for a Comfortable Villa in VeronaI am not much of a vacation person, but on the insistence of my wife who is a history freak and an ardent literature admirer, I packed my bags for a trip to this city. When we were making our bookings for villa in Verona, I came across [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Indulgence has a New Location, Verona ItalyIt was as if I was at the theatre watching it being performed; I could see Romeo dangling at Juliet’s balcony, until someone behind me brought me back to reality with a push, he was trying to click a picture of his girlfriend posing there [...]D: n/a00
- Discovering the Grandeur of Performing in an ArenaIf you really want to enjoy the thrill of a live show by internationally famous performers, visit Verona- the city of romance; well-known for its summer opera season. The Roman Arena is famous for its public shows and entertainments ever [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Arena, Ponte Pietra, Lamberti Tower,Piazza Dell ErbeAre you feeling stressed and tired of your daily routine? Want to enjoy a rejuvenating vacation with your family? Plan a trip to visit an adventurous and beautiful place; where you can explore a new world of laden with natural beauty, [...]D: 1.8mi10
- Piazza delle Erbe – Verona’s PrimeStanding at this landmark you can imagine how grounded are the people of Verona with their origination and history. Piazza delle Erbe is not only the centrally located market place, but also known for its aesthetic importance amongst [...]D: 11.9mi00
Things about Verona you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Sparks Street is a high end shopping area near Parliament Hill. Its a nice pedestrian with a lot of classy restaurants and boutiques. There are...
Shopping: Sparks Street
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
1,5 hour long cruise on the Danube with live Hungarian music. During the sightseeing traditional dishes & drinks are served for guests. The main...
Sightseeing: Dinner & Cruise
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
New Delhi, India
There is truly no place like home, but at Rama Inn, it is our aim to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.
Sightseeing: Hotel Rama Inn
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Though not exactly in the heart of the town, the drive up to Pudgy's Pizzeria is well worth it. They serve the most delicious thick pizza in...
Food: Pudgy's Pizzeria
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing