History Comes Alive in Verona’s Ageless Beauty, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Verona > History Comes Alive in Verona’s Ageless Beauty
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
I am not much of a history person; rather the various ages and dates were always my foes, in memorizing. However, what I saw here made me search for books and read about the land, and indeed it was much more interesting than I thought it to be.
The late medieval period in Verona seems significantly important because of the religious prominence as well as the famine which had caused a major toll of lives. This city has been plundered, faced the wrath of natural calamities and each time it has stood up as beautifully as ever.
Giardino Giusti a garden from the renaissance period displays an eternally beautiful artwork and creativity, which is timeless and unchallenged. For exploring the magnificence of the medieval ages there are more churches to visit, San Fermo Maggiore and San Lorenzo Maggiore being equally attractive and charismatic.
And there is no chance you can miss out on the Roman constructions, which are the splendor of this land.
How to get there:
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Verona
- A Land with Attractions in DiversityLocated between Milan and Venice, the city of Romeo and Juliet is popular for its historical monuments and wonderful landscapes. This city has a charismatic environment attracting millions of tourists from different parts of the world. Do [...]D: 1.4mi10
- Enchanting Romanesque of Verona – Unavoidable CharmFrom the times it began till date, the wonderful city of Verona, stands as an evidence of the different eras of history. Lined up with massive architectures and unique artifacts, the city speaks about the significant impact of Roman [...]D: n/a00
- When Hunting for a Comfortable Villa in VeronaI am not much of a vacation person, but on the insistence of my wife who is a history freak and an ardent literature admirer, I packed my bags for a trip to this city. When we were making our bookings for villa in Verona, I came across [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Indulgence has a New Location, Verona ItalyIt was as if I was at the theatre watching it being performed; I could see Romeo dangling at Juliet’s balcony, until someone behind me brought me back to reality with a push, he was trying to click a picture of his girlfriend posing there [...]D: n/a00
- Piazza delle Erbe – Verona’s PrimeStanding at this landmark you can imagine how grounded are the people of Verona with their origination and history. Piazza delle Erbe is not only the centrally located market place, but also known for its aesthetic importance amongst [...]D: 11.9mi00
Things about Verona you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Somalia is full of poverty and dangerous i recommend to choose another destination
General: Dont go
We've never taken part on a tour that was led by musicians and were singing and performing throughout the whole 90-minute ride, so the Mojo...
History & Culture: Mojo Music Bus Tour