Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap, Cambodia
Travel tips > Asia > Cambodia > Siem Reap > Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap
- General travel tip
- City center
Here are some tips to enjoy totally the sights of Siem Reap:
1. Angkor sunrise and sunset are very haunted. Majority of tourist are introduced to enjoy sunrise at the west gate of Angkor, sunset by the peak of Phnom Bakheng. Cambodia Tours suggest you to ask for an experienced local guide to follow a different trail to behold the dawn.
2. Tonle Sap Lake is a nice place to be pampered by the authentic hospitality of Cambodian. Specially, here you can conduct a cooking class for some real taste of Khmer cuisine.
3. British Museum brings you a profound vision of Siem Reap history. This is the world's most comprehensive collection of Khmer artefacts is in Paris's Musée Guimet.
4. Hot Air Balloon
Hot Air features a special way to appreciate the giant temples of Angkor. Being floating with only $35 is really worth as you can enjoy panoramic view of Siem Reap and its lofty temple spires
5. Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary
If you fancy birding activity, Prek Toal feeds your interest of birding.
Some small notes when visiting Angkor:
- Taking knee-covered trousers and comfortable shoes to visit Angkor.
- Spend your time to take a glance at Hinduism and Theravada Buddhism. It will be much more interesting to visit Angkor with some essential knowledge of local religion.
- High tourist season lasts from Oct to March, at this time Siem Reap is full of tourist. Summer is ideal for some fresh look and lush nature.
More tips are available at: http://www.cambodiatours.asia
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Siem Reap
- Angkor Wat and Siem Reap luxury tourThe most significant factor which fulfills your requirements is a good planning as well as a fair travel preparation, no matter what will be the type of a Cambodia tour packages or holiday deal which you have planned for, or better saying, [...]D: n/a00
- Visit world largest religious structure, the Angkor watVietnamese Private Tours; May 2015: Visit Cambodia with this very interesting tour suit for families, Youngers and individuals, the 12 Days Cambodian Tours allow you to explore Kingdom of wonders in depth. Following Cambodian tours starts [...]D: 156.2mi00
- Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel...Luxury Travel Vietnam - May 2015: This three day trip lets you discover the marvels of the Angkor Complex, including Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Bayon, Banteray Srei and countless others masterpieces of Khmer architecture. The trip would not [...]D: 154.6mi00
- Guide to Cambodian bizarre foodsNom banh chok Also called 'Khmer noodles,' the nom banh chok is a popular breakfast. It consists of rice noodles topped with tender green beans, cucumber, banana flower, onion and herbs and will comes with sauce on top to complete the set [...]D: n/a00
More travel tips about Siem ReapWe only have a few travel tips for Siem Reap so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Siem Reap you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
I cannot say too much about Katerini, but I can assure you that you will regret if you miss out its park in the middle of the town! It is a...
Outdoors Activities: Beautiful park in the center of Katerini
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
If you are in Oradea don't miss to visit the Roman Catholic Episcopal Cathedral, the largest baroque church in Romania - it's also one of the most...
History & Culture: Roman Catholic Episcopal Cathedral - Bazilica
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
El Paso, Texas
Located downtown, the El Paso Museum of Art is small gem of artworks from European, Mexican and Latin-American artists. The best thing about the...
History & Culture: El Paso Museum of Art
Not the largest zoo in US, that is sure, but maybe that is the reason why it so well-managed, clean and the animals are so well taken of. A walk in...
Family & Fun: Fresno Chaffee Zoo