Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap, Cambodia
Travel tips > Asia > Cambodia > Siem Reap > Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap
- General travel tip
- City center
Here are some tips to enjoy totally the sights of Siem Reap:
1. Angkor sunrise and sunset are very haunted. Majority of tourist are introduced to enjoy sunrise at the west gate of Angkor, sunset by the peak of Phnom Bakheng. Cambodia Tours suggest you to ask for an experienced local guide to follow a different trail to behold the dawn.
2. Tonle Sap Lake is a nice place to be pampered by the authentic hospitality of Cambodian. Specially, here you can conduct a cooking class for some real taste of Khmer cuisine.
3. British Museum brings you a profound vision of Siem Reap history. This is the world's most comprehensive collection of Khmer artefacts is in Paris's Musée Guimet.
4. Hot Air Balloon
Hot Air features a special way to appreciate the giant temples of Angkor. Being floating with only $35 is really worth as you can enjoy panoramic view of Siem Reap and its lofty temple spires
5. Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary
If you fancy birding activity, Prek Toal feeds your interest of birding.
Some small notes when visiting Angkor:
- Taking knee-covered trousers and comfortable shoes to visit Angkor.
- Spend your time to take a glance at Hinduism and Theravada Buddhism. It will be much more interesting to visit Angkor with some essential knowledge of local religion.
- High tourist season lasts from Oct to March, at this time Siem Reap is full of tourist. Summer is ideal for some fresh look and lush nature.
More tips are available at: http://www.cambodiatours.asia
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Siem Reap
- Angkor Wat and Siem Reap luxury tourThe most significant factor which fulfills your requirements is a good planning as well as a fair travel preparation, no matter what will be the type of a Cambodia tour packages or holiday deal which you have planned for, or better saying, [...]D: n/a00
- Guide to Cambodian bizarre foodsNom banh chok Also called 'Khmer noodles,' the nom banh chok is a popular breakfast. It consists of rice noodles topped with tender green beans, cucumber, banana flower, onion and herbs and will comes with sauce on top to complete the set [...]D: n/a00
- Visit world largest religious structure, the Angkor watVietnamese Private Tours; May 2015: Visit Cambodia with this very interesting tour suit for families, Youngers and individuals, the 12 Days Cambodian Tours allow you to explore Kingdom of wonders in depth. Following Cambodian tours starts [...]D: 156.2mi00
- Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel...Luxury Travel Vietnam - May 2015: This three day trip lets you discover the marvels of the Angkor Complex, including Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Bayon, Banteray Srei and countless others masterpieces of Khmer architecture. The trip would not [...]D: 154.6mi00
More travel tips about Siem ReapWe only have a few travel tips for Siem Reap so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Siem Reap you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Anyone visiting Moscow will certainly need to go see the Red Square with the Kreml in the back. This is an amazing site simply because of it's...
Sightseeing: Red Square
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Kustkamera museum contains over a million exhibits gathered from all over the world, and it is the oldest state museum in Russia, dating back...
History & Culture: Kunstkamera
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
Key West, Florida
Beaches are for lazing around, getting tanned and swimming in the sea. For families it is the best place, where children can play all day long,...
Beaches : Rest Beach of Key West
With lots and lots of entertaining activities, hands-on exhibits and playing areas, the Imagination Station is family heaven. You can really relax...
Family & Fun: Imagination Station
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The valley is Mai Chau town of Hoa Binh province which is located 135km southwest of Hanoi. The word “valley” means that it is surrounded by...
General: How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?