Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap, Cambodia
Travel tips > Asia > Cambodia > Siem Reap > Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap
- General travel tip
- City center
Here are some tips to enjoy totally the sights of Siem Reap:
1. Angkor sunrise and sunset are very haunted. Majority of tourist are introduced to enjoy sunrise at the west gate of Angkor, sunset by the peak of Phnom Bakheng. Cambodia Tours suggest you to ask for an experienced local guide to follow a different trail to behold the dawn.
2. Tonle Sap Lake is a nice place to be pampered by the authentic hospitality of Cambodian. Specially, here you can conduct a cooking class for some real taste of Khmer cuisine.
3. British Museum brings you a profound vision of Siem Reap history. This is the world's most comprehensive collection of Khmer artefacts is in Paris's Musée Guimet.
4. Hot Air Balloon
Hot Air features a special way to appreciate the giant temples of Angkor. Being floating with only $35 is really worth as you can enjoy panoramic view of Siem Reap and its lofty temple spires
5. Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary
If you fancy birding activity, Prek Toal feeds your interest of birding.
Some small notes when visiting Angkor:
- Taking knee-covered trousers and comfortable shoes to visit Angkor.
- Spend your time to take a glance at Hinduism and Theravada Buddhism. It will be much more interesting to visit Angkor with some essential knowledge of local religion.
- High tourist season lasts from Oct to March, at this time Siem Reap is full of tourist. Summer is ideal for some fresh look and lush nature.
More tips are available at: http://www.cambodiatours.asia
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Siem Reap
- Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel...Luxury Travel Vietnam - May 2015: This three day trip lets you discover the marvels of the Angkor Complex, including Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Bayon, Banteray Srei and countless others masterpieces of Khmer architecture. The trip would not [...]D: 154.6mi00
- Visit world largest religious structure, the Angkor watVietnamese Private Tours; May 2015: Visit Cambodia with this very interesting tour suit for families, Youngers and individuals, the 12 Days Cambodian Tours allow you to explore Kingdom of wonders in depth. Following Cambodian tours starts [...]D: 156.2mi00
- Guide to Cambodian bizarre foodsNom banh chok Also called 'Khmer noodles,' the nom banh chok is a popular breakfast. It consists of rice noodles topped with tender green beans, cucumber, banana flower, onion and herbs and will comes with sauce on top to complete the set [...]D: n/a00
- Angkor Wat and Siem Reap luxury tourThe most significant factor which fulfills your requirements is a good planning as well as a fair travel preparation, no matter what will be the type of a Cambodia tour packages or holiday deal which you have planned for, or better saying, [...]D: n/a00
More travel tips about Siem ReapWe only have a few travel tips for Siem Reap so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Siem Reap you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
If you like history and archaeology, you definitely should visit the Glyptothek at munich. There a lot fo antique statues, busts and temple parts...
History & Culture: Glyptothek
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
For me, the best shop was a chocolate shop. You can find it if you head to the train station starting from the center of the city. If you find it,...
Shopping: Chocolate shop in Szentendre
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
I am a good man with fear of God in life .
History & Culture: Be good to others
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING