Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel Vietnam, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Travel tips > Asia > Cambodia > Siem Reap > Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel Vietnam
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
This three day trip lets you discover the marvels of the Angkor Complex, including Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Bayon, Banteray Srei and countless others masterpieces of Khmer architecture. The trip would not be complete without a boat cruise on the Tonle Sap Lake. Get ready to enjoy the trip of a lifetime with us!
Day 1. Arrival Siem Reap- Angkor Thom (D)
Upon arrival at Siem Reap airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon, you’ll visit the most famous of all the temples on the Angkor plain: Angkor Wat. The temple complex covers 81 hectares and is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Its distinctive five towers are emblazoned on the Cambodian flag and the 12th Century masterpiece is considered by art historians to be the prime example of classic Khmer art and architecture. Angkor Wat's five towers symbolize Meru's five peaks, the enclosed wall represents the mountains at the edge of the world and the surrounding moat symbolizes the ocean beyond. The sunset view from Phnom Bakheng (one of two hills dominating the plain of Angkor) offers a spectacular chance to survey Western Baray and Angkor Wat. You will then enjoy dinner while watching an Apsara (Kmer folk dancing) performance at a local restaurant before retiring for the evening in Siem Reap.
Day 2. Angkor Thom- Angkor Wat (B/L)
In the morning, you will continue your temple visits, which will include: Prasat Kravan (with its unique brick sculptures), Srah Srang ('The Royal Baths' was once used for ritual bathing), Banteay Kdei (surrounded by four concentric walls), Eastern Mebon (guarded at its corner by stone figures of harnessed elephants, some of which are still in a reasonable state of preservation) and the 'Mountain Temple' of Pre Rup. In the afternoon, you will head to the archaeological site and continue to the temple tour, including, Ta Prohm, one of the most beautiful temples in the area and which has been left relatively untouched since its discovery. Then you will visit Takeo, Thommanon and Chau Say Tevoda temples before an overnight stay in Siem Reap.
Day 3. Angkor Wat – Departure (B)
Following breakfast at the hotel, you will visit Banteay Srei Temple, nearly everyone's favorite site. The special charm of this temple lies in its compact size, remarkable state of preservation, and the excellence of its decorative carvings. You will also visit Banteay Samre. Next, you will board a boat on Tonle Sap Lake and enjoy a brief cruise past floating villages, complete with schools, restaurants, hospitals, and the school known as 'Les Artisans d'Angkor.' You will then transfer to Siem Reap International Airport for your departing flight.
Tour Package Includes:
• All private transfers and transportation
• Shared accommodations in Twin/Double room with daily breakfast
• French or English speaking guide
• Boat trip & cruise as per tour
• Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast; L:Lunch; D:Dinner)
• All sightseeing tickets
• Services charges and government taxes
Tour Package Excludes:
• International flights & departures taxes.
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
• Cambodia visa fee. (visa on arrival easy & recommended)
• Others not mentioned above
Angor wat, Siem reap, Cambodia
1925 $ Luxury Services based on group of 10 - 14
9 am to 6 pm
How to get there:
Luxury Travel Vietnam arrange all the services from A to Z
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Siem Reap
- Top things to enjoy in Siem ReapSiem Reap is one of the most enchanting city in Indochina where you can enjoy peaceful nature, stunning temples of Angkor, colourful life on Tonle lake and beautiful river of Mekong.While most of the tourist populate their visits to the [...]D: 150.7mi00
- Angkor Wat and Siem Reap luxury tourThe most significant factor which fulfills your requirements is a good planning as well as a fair travel preparation, no matter what will be the type of a Cambodia tour packages or holiday deal which you have planned for, or better saying, [...]D: n/a00
- Visit world largest religious structure, the Angkor watVietnamese Private Tours; May 2015: Visit Cambodia with this very interesting tour suit for families, Youngers and individuals, the 12 Days Cambodian Tours allow you to explore Kingdom of wonders in depth. Following Cambodian tours starts [...]D: 156.2mi00
- Guide to Cambodian bizarre foodsNom banh chok Also called 'Khmer noodles,' the nom banh chok is a popular breakfast. It consists of rice noodles topped with tender green beans, cucumber, banana flower, onion and herbs and will comes with sauce on top to complete the set [...]D: n/a00
More travel tips about Siem ReapWe only have a few travel tips for Siem Reap so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Siem Reap you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
If you are at the city and if you like fish or other sea food, you definitels should go to the fish markets of Hamburg Altona. You have to get up a...
Food: The famous fish markets
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
WE ARE RIGHTLY PROUD OF HAVING DISTINCTION TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE K2 BASE CAMP TRACK FROM HUSHE SIDE. AS BEING THE FIRST PAKISTANI GROUP WE...
General: TREK ADVENTURE SOCIETY GUJRAWALA
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
Viet Tri, Vietnam
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam You arrive Tan Son Nhat (Saigon) International Airport. Transfer from Airport to Ho Chi Minh City at any...
Sightseeing: Luxury Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi Tour 10 Days/9 Nights