Pyramid of Djoser, Saqqara, Egypt
Travel tips > Africa > Egypt > Saqqara > Pyramid of Djoser
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The architect was Imhotep, he later became the god and protector of architects and doctors. The pyramid was built in the 26th century BC, in the time of the 3rd dynasty.
You can also see the buildings around the pyramid. The Great South Hall has the so called freeze of cobras, dedicated to the worship of the cobra, symbol of the royalty in the region.
You can also visit the Southern Tomb, which is very beautifully decorated with blue ties and also has a relief on it's wall of Pharaoh Djoser. He is running between thrones on it, representing the union of Lower and Upper Egypt. Sounds funny, but the relief is beautiful. So bring your cameras!
Saqqara, Giza, Egypt
Admission 20 EGP (about $4)
Cameras 5 EGP (about $1)
Video recorder 25 EGP (about $5)
From 8am to 4pm.
Recent travel tips for Egypt
- Hatshepsut TempleThe building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most successful of the pharaohs of Egypt. There are so many things to see there that one can't even [...]D: 1.4mi00
- 9 days incredible egypt package $18999 days Incredible Egypt Package For Only $ 1899 per person in double room Single supplement $ 199 Only 3 departure dates April 17 & May 01, May 15, 2012 4 nights Oasis pyramids hotel based on bed and breakfast. 3 nights Amarant [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Easter egypt package $949Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, you will be met and assisted through customs and formalities, then transferred to [...]D: 1.1mi10
- 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01: FRI - Depart to Egypt today. DAY 02: SAT - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, [...]D: 1mi00
More travel tips about SaqqaraWe only have a few travel tips for Saqqara so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Saqqara you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Vancouver, British Columbia
For those who aren't shy and aren't embarrassed of their nudity, Wreck Beach is the place to be. The crowd consists mainly of young people, many...
Beaches : Wreck Beach - Nude Beach in Vancouver
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
I am a loving lady who is seeking for my true love, I want to end my loneliness
General: Am a good girl
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
One of the oldest catering restaurants in the city, Sokolowski's University Inn now operates for the business and private public for 87 years...
Food: Sokolowski's University Inn
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza