Pyramid of Djoser, Saqqara, Egypt
Travel tips > Africa > Egypt > Saqqara > Pyramid of Djoser
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The architect was Imhotep, he later became the god and protector of architects and doctors. The pyramid was built in the 26th century BC, in the time of the 3rd dynasty.
You can also see the buildings around the pyramid. The Great South Hall has the so called freeze of cobras, dedicated to the worship of the cobra, symbol of the royalty in the region.
You can also visit the Southern Tomb, which is very beautifully decorated with blue ties and also has a relief on it's wall of Pharaoh Djoser. He is running between thrones on it, representing the union of Lower and Upper Egypt. Sounds funny, but the relief is beautiful. So bring your cameras!
Saqqara, Giza, Egypt
Admission 20 EGP (about $4)
Cameras 5 EGP (about $1)
Video recorder 25 EGP (about $5)
From 8am to 4pm.
Recent travel tips for Egypt
- 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01: FRI - Depart to Egypt today. DAY 02: SAT - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, [...]D: 1mi00
- Easter egypt package $949Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, you will be met and assisted through customs and formalities, then transferred to [...]D: 1.1mi10
- 9 days incredible egypt package $18999 days Incredible Egypt Package For Only $ 1899 per person in double room Single supplement $ 199 Only 3 departure dates April 17 & May 01, May 15, 2012 4 nights Oasis pyramids hotel based on bed and breakfast. 3 nights Amarant [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Hatshepsut TempleThe building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most successful of the pharaohs of Egypt. There are so many things to see there that one can't even [...]D: 1.4mi00
More travel tips about SaqqaraWe only have a few travel tips for Saqqara so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Saqqara you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
While in Bali you must visit the monkey temple in Uluwatu. You get an awesome view from the high cliffs where the temple sits and the temple itself...
History & Culture: Uluwatu - Monkey Temple
Trinity Collage is like a trademark of Dublin. Its huge library is just amazing - if you like books and libraries. :) You can barely imagine the...
History & Culture: The Old Library Trinity Collage
Pookode Lake is a scenic freshwater lake in the Wayanad district in Kerala, South India. The lake is surrounded by forests, and boating is allowed....
Sightseeing: Pookode lake
The most amazing and entertaining venue that has ever been created for kids and families is definitely Disneyland. The one in California is just...
Family & Fun: Disney California Adventure Park aka Disneyland
A funky little bar that serves not only drinks but sandwiches and salads too, not to mention brunches, Cafe Lulu can be the place to go for some...
Food: Cafe Lulu
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
This museum is incredible on so many levels. It has a wide range of instruments that are organized on a geographical scale, presenting the country...
History & Culture: The Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix