Pyramid of Djoser, Saqqara, Egypt
Travel tips > Africa > Egypt > Saqqara > Pyramid of Djoser
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The architect was Imhotep, he later became the god and protector of architects and doctors. The pyramid was built in the 26th century BC, in the time of the 3rd dynasty.
You can also see the buildings around the pyramid. The Great South Hall has the so called freeze of cobras, dedicated to the worship of the cobra, symbol of the royalty in the region.
You can also visit the Southern Tomb, which is very beautifully decorated with blue ties and also has a relief on it's wall of Pharaoh Djoser. He is running between thrones on it, representing the union of Lower and Upper Egypt. Sounds funny, but the relief is beautiful. So bring your cameras!
Saqqara, Giza, Egypt
Admission 20 EGP (about $4)
Cameras 5 EGP (about $1)
Video recorder 25 EGP (about $5)
From 8am to 4pm.
Recent travel tips for Egypt
- Hatshepsut TempleThe building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most successful of the pharaohs of Egypt. There are so many things to see there that one can't even [...]D: 1.4mi00
- 9 days incredible egypt package $18999 days Incredible Egypt Package For Only $ 1899 per person in double room Single supplement $ 199 Only 3 departure dates April 17 & May 01, May 15, 2012 4 nights Oasis pyramids hotel based on bed and breakfast. 3 nights Amarant [...]D: 1.1mi00
- 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01: FRI - Depart to Egypt today. DAY 02: SAT - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, [...]D: 1mi00
- Easter egypt package $949Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, you will be met and assisted through customs and formalities, then transferred to [...]D: 1.1mi10
More travel tips about SaqqaraWe only have a few travel tips for Saqqara so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Saqqara you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
According to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth...
History & Culture: Shwedagon Pagoda
This part of the city is special in many ways. First, it is one the most oldest parts of Lisbon, being first inhabited by Visigoths in the 5th...
Outdoors Activities: The Alfama in Lisbon
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
One of the more famous and beautiful golf courses in Aurora is the Murphy Creek Golf Course at Tom Morris Road. It is an 18-hole, large course with...
Sports & Wellness : Murphy Creek Golf Course
Featuring Middle-Eastern cuisine for over 20 years now, the Nazareth Restaurant & Deli welcomes the hungry man with open, friendly faces and...
Food: Nazareth Restaurant & Deli
Serving the most delicious Mexican food in the whole valley, Rosa's Mexican Grill can be reached easily and is welcoming anyone from everywhere...
Food: Rosa's Mexican Grill
The newly renovated house of General George Crook is beautiful inside and out. There is also an adjoining garden with heirloom plants giving the...
History & Culture: General Crook House Museum
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The tap water in Ho Chi Minh City is not suitable for drinking and it should be avoided as one can get ill. However this water can be used for...
General: Drinking water in Ho Chi Minh City