Pyramid of Djoser, Saqqara, Egypt
Travel tips > Africa > Egypt > Saqqara > Pyramid of Djoser
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The architect was Imhotep, he later became the god and protector of architects and doctors. The pyramid was built in the 26th century BC, in the time of the 3rd dynasty.
You can also see the buildings around the pyramid. The Great South Hall has the so called freeze of cobras, dedicated to the worship of the cobra, symbol of the royalty in the region.
You can also visit the Southern Tomb, which is very beautifully decorated with blue ties and also has a relief on it's wall of Pharaoh Djoser. He is running between thrones on it, representing the union of Lower and Upper Egypt. Sounds funny, but the relief is beautiful. So bring your cameras!
Saqqara, Giza, Egypt
Admission 20 EGP (about $4)
Cameras 5 EGP (about $1)
Video recorder 25 EGP (about $5)
From 8am to 4pm.
Recent travel tips for Egypt
- 9 days incredible egypt package $18999 days Incredible Egypt Package For Only $ 1899 per person in double room Single supplement $ 199 Only 3 departure dates April 17 & May 01, May 15, 2012 4 nights Oasis pyramids hotel based on bed and breakfast. 3 nights Amarant [...]D: 1.1mi00
- 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01: FRI - Depart to Egypt today. DAY 02: SAT - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, [...]D: 1mi00
- Hatshepsut TempleThe building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most successful of the pharaohs of Egypt. There are so many things to see there that one can't even [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Easter egypt package $949Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, you will be met and assisted through customs and formalities, then transferred to [...]D: 1.1mi10
More travel tips about SaqqaraWe only have a few travel tips for Saqqara so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Saqqara you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Goa, Burkina Faso
About to turn 30? Well, there's no reason to panic. In fact, you should enjoy the new stage of your life. However, there are some things one must...
General: 7 Must Visit Destinations Before You Turn 30
Vancouver, British Columbia
Being on top of a mountain, under the cloudless sky, breathing the fresh air in can fill you with such a great feeling of freedom you can't...
Outdoors Activities: Grouse Mountain in Vancouver
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
The main street of the city is the most beautiful main street I have seen in Transsylvania. The buildings are constructed from the 16th to the...
Sightseeing: Main street of Sibiu
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Hawaii Wellness Institute is an association with the purpose of educating people hoe to live their lives healthier from every point of view. ...
Sports & Wellness : Hawaii Wellness Institute
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The post office looks extremely grand and it is a huge place that has beautiful interior designs that looks like you are back in the 20th Century....
Shopping: Post office in Ho Chi Minh City
If you want to go skiing for a day in Austria, use the city as a starting point to go to the different skiing areas.
General: Skiing for a day