The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Santa Cruz > The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The Mystery Spot is a circular area where the laws of physics and gravitation are completely defied. It was opened in 1939, and ever since then, it has kept mesmerizing its visitors. Although it is all a masterfully designed optical illusion, they creators of the site want you to believe that some supernatural causes are at the root of the entire anomaly. It's a very cool spot if you want something unusual, but don't bring your pets, supposedly they start acting erratic while in the Mystery Spot.
465 Mystery Spot Rd, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, USA
A ticket costs $5.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for United States
- Turf Supper ClubTurf Supper Club in San Diego is a retro jazz bar in the middle of Golden Hill, with cheap and strong cocktails. Musicians are playing the piano as well as they can and whatever the musicians don't know how to play, the jukebox an extensive [...]D: 5mi00
- Voodoo Doughnut in PortlandVoodoo Doughnut is one of those rarities - an independent doughnut shop. Finally a place where you can get more than your usual jam doughnuts, and even some more unusual choices. The signature doughnut of the place is shaped like a [...]D: 6mi00
- Lincoln Memorial in WashingtonThe huge 19-foot tall white marble statue of Abraham Lincoln is a must-see sight in Washington. Whether you are a visitor or a local this place is perfect for meditation, relaxation or recap on history. It symbolizes freedom and the unity [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Hudson HotelI recommend the Hudson Hotel and the eatery, 5 Napkins, on 9th ave. [...]D: 1.4mi51
- Corpus Christi Museum of Science and HistoryThough visited mainly by families with kids, the Corpus Christi Museum of Science of and History might prove quite entertaining for adult groups too. Exploring the rooms that hold so much historical knowledge about our worlds, in this case [...]D: 5.4mi01
Things about Santa Cruz you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Overnight Village Home Trip -- Explore Bangladesh On the first day you will go to the village from Dhaka at around 08:00 by reserved car/coach....
Sightseeing: Home stay trip at Dhaka
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
Traditional Finnish foods are one of the things you must try when visiting Helsinki, especially since reindeer dishes are hard to find in other...
Food: Kappeli Restaurant
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Definitely one of the city's most visited sights, the Spoonbridge and Cherry sculpture is located in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. It's...
Sightseeing: Spoonbridge and Cherry
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant
A beautiful white structure, still in restoration process, though, the San Xavier del Bac Mission is beautiful in its white simplicity, but you are...
History & Culture: San Xavier del Bac Mission