De Young Museum in San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > De Young Museum in San Francisco
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a exhibit, a black plate with some fruits on it(they are not real of course), which are very shiny but quite dim in color. Or a painting with some vertical dark brown waves which at first sight not tell you very much.
Through these works, I believe, one can see the world through other eyes. I enjoyed myself in this museum. It really gives you another perspective on life if you are open-minded enough. I recommend it with honesty. :)
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Adults $10, Seniors 65 and over $7, Youths 13-17 $
Tuesday through Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Fridays until 8:45 p.m. mid-January through November.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriot Fisherman' s Wharf HotelBecause this hotel is near the piers and the Golden Gate Bridge (one of the famous sights in San Francisco), the price is a little expensive. I picked the regular room with pleasure purpose, and it cost $169 per night. It is pretty [...]D: 11.1mi02
- DeLessioThe most delicious cake I've ever tasted was here in San Francisco in a little pastry shop on Market Street: DeLessio. At first I didn't even find the bakery, it so hidden, but already as I stepped in I was overwhelmed with the sweet, fresh [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Balmy Street MuralsLocated in the heart of the latino district of San Francisco is a little gem of a street where the houses are painted with latin-american centric murals. These murals, which are painted on the garages, each have some sort of meaning and [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Adolph Gasser CameraGreat place for emergencies, if you are a tourist. They have all kinds of cameras and all you need for them. Best thing, you can also rent cameras from them and they have cleaning services for your actual camera and stuff. Very useful [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Coit TowerThe most amazing sight I've ever seen. The Coit Tower, built in 1933 in memory of an eccentric rich lady, Lillie Hitchcock Coit (who left all her money to this tower) and the brave firemen of the city, is a tall white marble tower which [...]D: 10.9mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Enjoy the beautiful sightseeing in Dubai with ToursRepublic services. Make your time memorable with our team.
Sightseeing: ToursRepublic - Best Tours & Travel Agency
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
We are ground handling agent handling hotels car rental guides/Escort arrival /Departute assistance in Agra india E-mail...
General: Taj mahal
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
One of the oldest catering restaurants in the city, Sokolowski's University Inn now operates for the business and private public for 87 years...
Food: Sokolowski's University Inn
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Miami Beach, Florida
This restaurant has the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overprized. ...
Food: Azul – Best wine list, worst cuisine in Miami
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market