De Young Museum in San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > De Young Museum in San Francisco
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a exhibit, a black plate with some fruits on it(they are not real of course), which are very shiny but quite dim in color. Or a painting with some vertical dark brown waves which at first sight not tell you very much.
Through these works, I believe, one can see the world through other eyes. I enjoyed myself in this museum. It really gives you another perspective on life if you are open-minded enough. I recommend it with honesty. :)
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Adults $10, Seniors 65 and over $7, Youths 13-17 $
Tuesday through Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Fridays until 8:45 p.m. mid-January through November.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Cafe Du SoleilThe best thing is that you can sit on the terrace and enjoy both the sun and one of the best places for a breakfast. They have good coffee and delicious cakes. You can stay on the sun and have your breakfast and also have a break from [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Lands EndLands End is a true San Francisco Gem. One of the beautiful trails hidden within the city. Follow this trail to the end, and take in spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean. View the bridge from where only the [...]D: 11mi00
- DeLessioThe most delicious cake I've ever tasted was here in San Francisco in a little pastry shop on Market Street: DeLessio. At first I didn't even find the bakery, it so hidden, but already as I stepped in I was overwhelmed with the sweet, fresh [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Stow LakeHidden within Golden Gate Park is a lake and a mountainous island. Stow Lake which has deep San Francisco history is a great spot for a picnic or an afternoon stroll. The lake offers quiet scenery and abundant wildlife. The [...]D: 9.5mi00
- Dolores Park Movie NightOn Thursday night’s throughout the summer, there is a free movie shown in Dolores Park. Don’t expect your typical quiet theater atmosphere. It’s more like a party at Dolores Park. There are no assigned seats and [...]D: 8mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
If you go there by car, leave it on one of the parking lots connected to public transports, because the inner city is heavily traffic crowded.
General: Use park and ride spots
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Raleigh, North Carolina
One of the oldest and most family frequented parks in Raleigh is Pullen Park. It is a place perfect for children to run around, play games and have...
Sightseeing: Pullen Park
Santa Ana, California
In the foothills of the Santa Ana mountains, at the Santiago Creek river, the famous Helena Modjeska Historic House is located. The house and its...
History & Culture: Helena Modjeska Historic House