De Young Museum in San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > De Young Museum in San Francisco
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a exhibit, a black plate with some fruits on it(they are not real of course), which are very shiny but quite dim in color. Or a painting with some vertical dark brown waves which at first sight not tell you very much.
Through these works, I believe, one can see the world through other eyes. I enjoyed myself in this museum. It really gives you another perspective on life if you are open-minded enough. I recommend it with honesty. :)
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Adults $10, Seniors 65 and over $7, Youths 13-17 $
Tuesday through Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Fridays until 8:45 p.m. mid-January through November.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Museum of Asian ArtThis museum is amazing, you simply cannot miss it. It was first opened when a factory owner from Chicago gave his Asian art collection to San Francisco to open a museum with it. The museum has more than 17, 000 objects, from religious [...]D: 9.3mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- Powell St Cable CarThe Powell/Market Street Cable Car is one of the most popular Cable Car Stops in the city. It showcases the famous Cable Car Turnaround, where drivers manually turn the car the same way it has been done since its opening. The line to get on [...]D: 9.7mi00
- Dosa (Fillmore)We made a reservation to a restaurant which serves South Indian food. I always wanted to try that out. It was a good idea to book a table in advance, because it was pretty crowded, being weekend and all. We got a table upstairs that [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Dolores Park Movie NightOn Thursday night’s throughout the summer, there is a free movie shown in Dolores Park. Don’t expect your typical quiet theater atmosphere. It’s more like a party at Dolores Park. There are no assigned seats and [...]D: 8mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
Bangladesh cheap package tour -2010-2011 Bangladesh Expeditions (Specialist in River Cruises & Eco-Adventure) There isn't a better or more...
Sightseeing: Tour operator of bangladesh
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Cathedral Basilica and Bell Tower Once upon a time there was a King named Mindaugas who lived in what’s today Vilnius. The king was born a...
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
Buffalo, New York
The Buffalo City Hall is an exceptional building. It's grand and magnificent, a true architectural masterpiece. Go to the 13th floor and marvel...
History & Culture: Buffalo City Hall
I was amazed every time I wen to Lindey's, because their top-notch service and excellent quality food never seized to amaze me. I really...
One of the most expensive and luxurious hotels in Miami, Fontainebleau Hotel provides everything one might need to spend a holiday in glamorous...
General: The Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami
The Alabama State Capitol Building is the first thing that you should visit in Montgomery. The building has witnessed events such as the...
Sightseeing: Alabama State Capitol Building