De Young Museum in San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > De Young Museum in San Francisco
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a exhibit, a black plate with some fruits on it(they are not real of course), which are very shiny but quite dim in color. Or a painting with some vertical dark brown waves which at first sight not tell you very much.
Through these works, I believe, one can see the world through other eyes. I enjoyed myself in this museum. It really gives you another perspective on life if you are open-minded enough. I recommend it with honesty. :)
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Adults $10, Seniors 65 and over $7, Youths 13-17 $
Tuesday through Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Fridays until 8:45 p.m. mid-January through November.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Stow LakeHidden within Golden Gate Park is a lake and a mountainous island. Stow Lake which has deep San Francisco history is a great spot for a picnic or an afternoon stroll. The lake offers quiet scenery and abundant wildlife. The [...]D: 9.5mi00
- Sutro BathsSutro Baths is at the north west corner of the city next to the Cliff House. The baths, which are now ruins, was a popular swimming pool that opened in the 1800's which burned down in the 1960's. What is left is a beautiful building [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Fly in Business Class Together & Save 50% Asiana Business...Asia comprises of some of the largest global cities of the world. Prominent names in the list include Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul and Manila and so on. Innumerable global travelers visit these Asian cities from various parts of the [...]D: n/a00
- Dolores Park Movie NightOn Thursday night’s throughout the summer, there is a free movie shown in Dolores Park. Don’t expect your typical quiet theater atmosphere. It’s more like a party at Dolores Park. There are no assigned seats and [...]D: 8mi00
- Ferry BuildingI think Ferry Building is one of the nicest places in San Francisco, which is a great thing knowing that the whole city is so great! The building was finished in 1903 and it was the center to wager the boats and ferries that crossed the [...]D: 10.4mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
The Rheinfälle at Schaffhausen are really some kind of nature play. Big and impressing the rive Rhine has got waterfalls there. You can either...
Outdoors Activities: The big waterfall called Rheinfälle
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
Scuba diving, whether you are a beginner or a professional, is for everyone a challenge. For me it was the most memorable experience of my life. I...
Outdoors Activities: Rainbow Scuba Diving –The Best
Truly an amazing museum where you see art come to life in the various paintings, artworks of famous and not so famous artists of the Impressionist...
History & Culture: Carnegie Museum of Art