De Young Museum in San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > De Young Museum in San Francisco
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a exhibit, a black plate with some fruits on it(they are not real of course), which are very shiny but quite dim in color. Or a painting with some vertical dark brown waves which at first sight not tell you very much.
Through these works, I believe, one can see the world through other eyes. I enjoyed myself in this museum. It really gives you another perspective on life if you are open-minded enough. I recommend it with honesty. :)
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Adults $10, Seniors 65 and over $7, Youths 13-17 $
Tuesday through Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Fridays until 8:45 p.m. mid-January through November.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- Adolph Gasser CameraGreat place for emergencies, if you are a tourist. They have all kinds of cameras and all you need for them. Best thing, you can also rent cameras from them and they have cleaning services for your actual camera and stuff. Very useful [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Golden Gate BridgeWell, I guess this is something pretty obvious, but then I guess it's a valid tip. Go visit the Golden gate bridge. Try to come during the late afternoon and maybe wait for sunset, that will make some awesome pictures. [...]D: 12.5mi00
- Avail Cheap Business Class Flights from Turkish Airlines...Are you a frequent traveler to Asian destinations? Well, good news is just waiting for you. Now you can travel to different Asian cities luxuriously without actually paying for it. Yes, this is not a joke. ASAP Tickets has brought never [...]D: 9mi00
- Alamo SquareThe Square gives the most beautiful view in the whole city. One can see it on many postcards. One especially beautiful view is towards Steiner street, with the famous houses, the 'painted ladies'. They are also called the Victorian [...]D: n/a10
- Steps to Obtaining a Passport for Your ChildIf you’re planning a foreign trip and you have little kid who doesn’t have a passport of his own, your primary concern might be the proper ways of obtaining one so as to travel with your entire family. For getting a passport for your [...]D: n/a00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
If you like history and archaeology, you definitely should visit the Glyptothek at munich. There a lot fo antique statues, busts and temple parts...
History & Culture: Glyptothek
Akshardham is a majestic religious structure with stone carved throughout the building spread in huge 23 acres of land. Gardens, exhibitions and...
General: Akshardham Temple
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head