Alamo Square, San Francisco, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Francisco > Alamo Square
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
One especially beautiful view is towards Steiner street, with the famous houses, the 'painted ladies'. They are also called the Victorian houses, but only because of the age they were built in, not because of the style.
You van see pictures on these beautifully designed houses (painted spades shape, hearts or bottles) that used to indicate that the houses were places for gambling, taverns or brothels. Nice! :)
Don't miss the Shoe Garden on Alamo Square. Go prepared, bring an old shoe, put some earth and a plant and put add the plant on the shoe to the collection of the garden. ;) It's a lot of fun.
Both the watching and the planting are free.
All day, but the best is in daylight.
Recent travel tips for San Francisco
- BixLike Art Deco? Definitely this is the place for you. It's like you are back in the America of the 1930s. There is live Jazz music that remind us to the great old days. The decoration is very nice and stylish, there are paintings on the [...]D: 10.5mi00
- City Beer StoreHere is a great news for beer lovers in San Francisco. City Beer Store is a fabulous little place with an extremely wide selection of beers. It is not easy to chose from the more than 300 types of beers, but you can take your time, you [...]D: 9mi00
- Alcatraz IslandProbably one of the most famous jails in the world and home to many myths and movies, this used to be a high security federal prison in 1934. Originally the Island was home to many pelicans and for that reason it was called "Isla de los [...]D: 11mi10
- Fly in Business Class Together & Save 50% Asiana Business...Asia comprises of some of the largest global cities of the world. Prominent names in the list include Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul and Manila and so on. Innumerable global travelers visit these Asian cities from various parts of the [...]D: n/a00
- Anchor Steam BrewerySan Francisco's one and only Brewery offers two free tours and tasting daily. With history dating back to the late 1800's Anchor Brewery is one of San Francisco's least known landmarks. They offer great tours which fill up weeks if not [...]D: 8.3mi00
Things about San Francisco you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like playing, you can visit the Casino Bregenz. You have to be 18 years to get admission to it.
Night Life & Entertainment: Casino Bregenz
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
They have great drinks not for too much and great company. Also they have the best music in the area, so yes, I can say it's the best club in the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backstage
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Los Cabos, Mexico
I'm not very knowledgeable in wines and to be honest, I like things that at are sweet, but when we tasted the wines at the Winery in Los Cabos I...
Food: Los Cabos Winery
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
We are ground handling agent handling hotels car rental guides/Escort arrival /Departute assistance in Agra india E-mail...
General: Taj mahal
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
This museum is so full of fun and creativity that even adults will find themselves liking it, and children will absolutely adore it. All the...
Family & Fun: Portland Children's Museum
Sa Pa, Vietnam
When you plan your holiday to Vietnam and further to one of the mesmerizing Indochina destinations such as Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar,...
Sightseeing: Cultural experience with ethnic minorities in Sapa