Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
OMSI has five different exhibit halls specialized in different fields, a planetarium, and a submarine exhibit, in addition to the temporary exhibitions. Also, there are two auditorium and an IMAX dome.
The live science demonstrations are especially fun, but the most exciting thing you can do is climb aboard the USS Blueback submarine (the one which appears in the movie Hunt for Red October).
1945 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214, USA
$9 Youth (3-13)
$9 Senior (63+)
Tuesday-Sunday, 9:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m.(until 7:00 p.m. during the summer months)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Japanese Garden in PortlandIf you want to take a break from the bustle of the big city and spend a fewo hours in a place of tranquility and spiritual harmony, take a walk in Portland's Japanese Garden, which is said to be the most authentic garden of its kind outside [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Tao of Tea in PortlandPortland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The Tao of Tea, a teahouse where you can find almost all the teas in the world and then some. [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Portland Saturday MarketThe Portland Saturday Market is actually open on Sundays as well, and it is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in the United States. It is located in the historic Old Town, so you can visit it as part of a larger sightseeing [...]D: 5.9mi00
- The Maize at The Pumpkin PatchThe Maize at The Pumpkin Patch is a giant maze of corn, open only during the autumn season. This park takes the form of a 5-acre field of corn which turns into an amazing corn maze during September and October, and it makes a great place [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Hat Museum in PortlandThe Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential accessory. If you have an interest in fashion (or history, as a matter of fact), the Hat [...]D: 5.5mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
I am a good man with fear of God in life .
History & Culture: Be good to others
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
Viet Tri, Vietnam
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam You arrive Tan Son Nhat (Saigon) International Airport. Transfer from Airport to Ho Chi Minh City at any...
Sightseeing: Luxury Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi Tour 10 Days/9 Nights