Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
OMSI has five different exhibit halls specialized in different fields, a planetarium, and a submarine exhibit, in addition to the temporary exhibitions. Also, there are two auditorium and an IMAX dome.
The live science demonstrations are especially fun, but the most exciting thing you can do is climb aboard the USS Blueback submarine (the one which appears in the movie Hunt for Red October).
1945 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214, USA
$9 Youth (3-13)
$9 Senior (63+)
Tuesday-Sunday, 9:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m.(until 7:00 p.m. during the summer months)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Tao of Tea in PortlandPortland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The Tao of Tea, a teahouse where you can find almost all the teas in the world and then some. [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Clear Creek DistilleryClear Creek makes eau de vie out of the most delicious fruits in Oregon, and in addition to this alcoholic delight, they also distill brandy, Grappa, and single-malt Whiskey. The distillery can only be visited on Saturday, and there are [...]D: 6.9mi00
- Portland Saturday MarketThe Portland Saturday Market is actually open on Sundays as well, and it is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in the United States. It is located in the historic Old Town, so you can visit it as part of a larger sightseeing [...]D: 5.9mi00
- Portland Children's MuseumThis museum is so full of fun and creativity that even adults will find themselves liking it, and children will absolutely adore it. All the exhibits of the museum are conceived in a way that will encourage the healthy cognitive, social, [...]D: 8.4mi00
- St. Honore BoulangerieLocated in the trendy Alphabet district, this cafe is the big city equivalent of a French village cafe/bakery. If you want to drink your morning coffee in town, this place is perfect, and you will feel like you're not in Portland [...]D: 6.9mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I am going to travel to Colombia and Argentina for xmas and new years looking for friendships in both countries email me firstname.lastname@example.org
General: Looking for company
If you are at Avignon, take a look at the medieval pope's palace. It's huge and directly in the center of the city. You can get guided tours for a...
Sightseeing: The medieval pope's palace
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
Here at Mazo Konkan! we’re very excited to announce the launch of our newly designed Sub-Division / Website which goes live today and is located...
General: Ganpatipule - Mazo Konkan's sub-division launch!
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
If you've seen the movie or know about the famous race horse Secretariat, than you would probably wouldn't want to miss a trip to the...
Family & Fun: Kentucky Horse Park
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt