Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
OMSI has five different exhibit halls specialized in different fields, a planetarium, and a submarine exhibit, in addition to the temporary exhibitions. Also, there are two auditorium and an IMAX dome.
The live science demonstrations are especially fun, but the most exciting thing you can do is climb aboard the USS Blueback submarine (the one which appears in the movie Hunt for Red October).
1945 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214, USA
$9 Youth (3-13)
$9 Senior (63+)
Tuesday-Sunday, 9:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m.(until 7:00 p.m. during the summer months)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- The Maize at The Pumpkin PatchThe Maize at The Pumpkin Patch is a giant maze of corn, open only during the autumn season. This park takes the form of a 5-acre field of corn which turns into an amazing corn maze during September and October, and it makes a great place [...]D: 12.7mi00
- St. Honore BoulangerieLocated in the trendy Alphabet district, this cafe is the big city equivalent of a French village cafe/bakery. If you want to drink your morning coffee in town, this place is perfect, and you will feel like you're not in Portland [...]D: 6.9mi00
- Portland Vintage TrolleysA nice way to see parts of Portland is to board a vintage trolley, a service running from the first Sunday of March until the last Sunday before Christmas. The old-style trolleys will take passengers to all the MAX stations on avenues 5 and [...]D: n/a00
- Voodoo Doughnut in PortlandVoodoo Doughnut is one of those rarities - an independent doughnut shop. Finally a place where you can get more than your usual jam doughnuts, and even some more unusual choices. The signature doughnut of the place is shaped like a [...]D: 6mi00
- Portland Saturday MarketThe Portland Saturday Market is actually open on Sundays as well, and it is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in the United States. It is located in the historic Old Town, so you can visit it as part of a larger sightseeing [...]D: 5.9mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to drive through austria, coming from germany, buy your highway tickets at the local tourist offices at germany. That saves you time,...
General: Highway tickets for Austria
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
If you are going to Costa Rica to surf like 95% of the tourist do, then you cant miss Playa Hermosa. This beach has the best breaks in Costa Rica...
Beaches : Playa Hermosa
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
This is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at...
Sightseeing: Wyk auf Föhr Promenade
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
San Antonio, Texas
Located on San Antonio's Riverwalk, Budro's Bistro is a small gem that serves excellent guacamole and other delicious Texan food. With a...
Food: Boudro's Bistro
Wahweap Marina is a great spot to spend a couple of nice days by the water. They have a great selection of rentals (power boats and house boats)....
Beaches : Wahweap Marina