Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
OMSI has five different exhibit halls specialized in different fields, a planetarium, and a submarine exhibit, in addition to the temporary exhibitions. Also, there are two auditorium and an IMAX dome.
The live science demonstrations are especially fun, but the most exciting thing you can do is climb aboard the USS Blueback submarine (the one which appears in the movie Hunt for Red October).
1945 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214, USA
$9 Youth (3-13)
$9 Senior (63+)
Tuesday-Sunday, 9:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m.(until 7:00 p.m. during the summer months)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Portland Vintage TrolleysA nice way to see parts of Portland is to board a vintage trolley, a service running from the first Sunday of March until the last Sunday before Christmas. The old-style trolleys will take passengers to all the MAX stations on avenues 5 and [...]D: n/a00
- Tao of Tea in PortlandPortland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The Tao of Tea, a teahouse where you can find almost all the teas in the world and then some. [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Hat Museum in PortlandThe Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential accessory. If you have an interest in fashion (or history, as a matter of fact), the Hat [...]D: 5.5mi00
- The Maize at The Pumpkin PatchThe Maize at The Pumpkin Patch is a giant maze of corn, open only during the autumn season. This park takes the form of a 5-acre field of corn which turns into an amazing corn maze during September and October, and it makes a great place [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Japanese Garden in PortlandIf you want to take a break from the bustle of the big city and spend a fewo hours in a place of tranquility and spiritual harmony, take a walk in Portland's Japanese Garden, which is said to be the most authentic garden of its kind outside [...]D: 7.6mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
While visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to...
General: The white cliffs of Dover
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; email@example.com I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
Ferris Wheels are usually found in amusement parks, but in Singapore they are an attraction in their own right. The Singapore Flyer Ferris Wheel is...
Family & Fun: Singapore Flyer Ferris Wheel
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Saint Louis, Missouri
One of the oldest and maybe most known botanical gardens that have been in operation since their opening, is the Missouri Botanical Gardens just in...
Sightseeing: Missouri Botanical Garden
Saint Paul, Minnesota
The museum is quite family oriented with a lot of areas which are dedicated for child entertainment. The History Center Museum is a great visitor...
History & Culture: History Center Museum
While in venice, make sure you walk a lot and watch people. Don't get stuck anywhere and buying stuff is not worth it. It is a cheap place but...
General: Walk a lot and watch people
Hong Kong, China
Every year in Hong Kong a festival is organized at the end of the month of September, early October, holding the name The Mid-Autumn Festival. This...
Family & Fun: The Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong