Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon
Travel tips > North America > United States > Portland > Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
OMSI has five different exhibit halls specialized in different fields, a planetarium, and a submarine exhibit, in addition to the temporary exhibitions. Also, there are two auditorium and an IMAX dome.
The live science demonstrations are especially fun, but the most exciting thing you can do is climb aboard the USS Blueback submarine (the one which appears in the movie Hunt for Red October).
1945 SE Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214, USA
$9 Youth (3-13)
$9 Senior (63+)
Tuesday-Sunday, 9:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m.(until 7:00 p.m. during the summer months)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Portland
- Voodoo Doughnut in PortlandVoodoo Doughnut is one of those rarities - an independent doughnut shop. Finally a place where you can get more than your usual jam doughnuts, and even some more unusual choices. The signature doughnut of the place is shaped like a [...]D: 6mi00
- The Maize at The Pumpkin PatchThe Maize at The Pumpkin Patch is a giant maze of corn, open only during the autumn season. This park takes the form of a 5-acre field of corn which turns into an amazing corn maze during September and October, and it makes a great place [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Clear Creek DistilleryClear Creek makes eau de vie out of the most delicious fruits in Oregon, and in addition to this alcoholic delight, they also distill brandy, Grappa, and single-malt Whiskey. The distillery can only be visited on Saturday, and there are [...]D: 6.9mi00
- Backspace CafeI you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live music, you should definitely check out Backspace. Backspace is located at the heart of the [...]D: 6mi00
- Hat Museum in PortlandThe Hat Museum in Portland is the largest hat museum in the United States, where you can see the evolution through the ages of this most essential accessory. If you have an interest in fashion (or history, as a matter of fact), the Hat [...]D: 5.5mi00
Things about Portland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
I really enjoyed my dinner here the other night. Although it's not cheap by any means, the food and atmosphere are great and the service is even...
Food: Eat at 'Das Weisse Haus'
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
Many people don't care, or don't realize that cats are gentle and sensitive creatures, even the big one, like tigers or leopards need...
Family & Fun: Big Cat Rescue