National Aviary, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Pittsburgh > National Aviary
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you may find the admission a bit pricey, if you would like to learn something new or you're a bird lover, than your money is totally worth it. Touring the aviary takes about 1-2 hours, and bring some snacks with you, because there aren't any dining facilities close by.
Ridge Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
$10.5 for kids, $13 for adults
10am-5pm every day.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Pittsburgh
- Phipps ConservatoryThe Phipps Conservatory doesn't only look magnificent from the outside, but inside too. With all those colorful and lush flowers, plants that you've never seen before or wouldn't have thought existed, the place is like a small [...]D: 5.3mi00
- Carnegie Science CenterTo learn a little bit about science but to also have fun, the Carnegie Science Center is the perfect destination. They have interactive-, hands-on exhibits which kids older than 5, or 9 can enjoy tremendously. The SportsWorks are is [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Duquesne InclineTo get the best view of the city, you shouldn't miss riding the tram of Duquesne Incline. The ride is quite cheap, you can also book a guided tour and once you get to the top, there is a restaurant with excellent food. Don't forget [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Children's Museum of PittsburghThere are so many interesting and fun places to go with families and kids, and the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is one the best. Though maybe more entertaining for the younger ones, the museum has a wide variety of hands-on exhibits [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Carnegie Museum of ArtTruly an amazing museum where you see art come to life in the various paintings, artworks of famous and not so famous artists of the Impressionist and Post-Impressionist era. The Carnegie Museum of Art has not only a wide collection of [...]D: 5mi00
Things about Pittsburgh you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Book your tour with Twins Tours to the HolyLand!
General: Visiting the Holy Land
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
There are a lot of options and packages to for travelers to explore Cambodia and Laos together on a single multi destination holiday, this options...
Sightseeing: Cambodia and Laos travel
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
According to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth...
History & Culture: Shwedagon Pagoda
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
Travel tips for tourists to enjoy when they visit to Arusha in Tanzania include good places to visit and things to do. First of all, Kilimanjaro...
Sightseeing: Tanzanite gems tour, navuru waterfall and wildlife safari places
This simple and very popular restaurant serves typical Southern barbecues, and it is designed to quench the hunger without any fanfare. You...
Food: Fat Matt's Rib Shack