National Aviary, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Pittsburgh > National Aviary
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though you may find the admission a bit pricey, if you would like to learn something new or you're a bird lover, than your money is totally worth it. Touring the aviary takes about 1-2 hours, and bring some snacks with you, because there aren't any dining facilities close by.
Ridge Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
$10.5 for kids, $13 for adults
10am-5pm every day.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Pittsburgh
- Duquesne InclineTo get the best view of the city, you shouldn't miss riding the tram of Duquesne Incline. The ride is quite cheap, you can also book a guided tour and once you get to the top, there is a restaurant with excellent food. Don't forget [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Cathedral of LearningI think a trip to Pittsburgh is not complete without a visit to the Cathedral of Learning. From far it looks like a skyscraper, an immensely tall building with a lots of windows. But when you get closer, you will remark the fine [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Carnegie Science CenterTo learn a little bit about science but to also have fun, the Carnegie Science Center is the perfect destination. They have interactive-, hands-on exhibits which kids older than 5, or 9 can enjoy tremendously. The SportsWorks are is [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Pittsburgh Seviche RestaurantThe only place where you can can have an excellent dinner and drink cocktails, having fun at a bar is the Pittsburgh Seviche Restaurant in the downtown area. Their specialties are seafood preparations, which you can watch as it is made just [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Fat Head's SaloonTotally Pittsburgh, I have to say that. The Fat Head's Saloon is the place to meet some locals, get down for a really large, tasty burger and fries, and experience an energetic, entertaining environment, where you can have a laugh and [...]D: 3.3mi00
Things about Pittsburgh you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It's the best place in Salzburg if you want to taste traditional Austrian food. It is not expensive, but is one of the best restaurants in the city...
Food: Brüderlein fein
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
The best time to of the year for booking a Myanmar tours specially for an Irrawaddy cruise holiday would be during the cool and dry season when the...
Outdoors Activities: Best Time for Irrawaddy Cruise experience
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Not just the presentation of the food but the taste of it is absolutely great. A high praise for the Carlos Bistro in Colorado Springs, because...
Food: Carlos Bistro