Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Pittsburgh > Carnegie Museum of Art
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are free guided tours available (with admission ticket, of course), lectures and events. It is a place which I highly recommend visiting, especially if you're truly interested in art.
4400 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Kids $11, adults $15
Tue-Sat: 10am-5pm (till 8pm on Thu)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Museum of Natural HistoryThere are many fine museums which deal with different kinds of scientifically or historically significant events, creatures, people, but the Carnegie Museum of Natural History is something more than that. It not only has hands-on exhibits [...]D: 5mi00
- 17th Street CafeLocated in the South Side of Pittsburgh, in maybe not the finest part of town, the 17th Street Cafe is like a gem among stones. It has some really tasty dishes and quite a good atmosphere. Though the place is not very big and with a random [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Duquesne InclineTo get the best view of the city, you shouldn't miss riding the tram of Duquesne Incline. The ride is quite cheap, you can also book a guided tour and once you get to the top, there is a restaurant with excellent food. Don't forget [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Fat Head's SaloonTotally Pittsburgh, I have to say that. The Fat Head's Saloon is the place to meet some locals, get down for a really large, tasty burger and fries, and experience an energetic, entertaining environment, where you can have a laugh and [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Children's Museum of PittsburghThere are so many interesting and fun places to go with families and kids, and the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is one the best. Though maybe more entertaining for the younger ones, the museum has a wide variety of hands-on exhibits [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Pittsburgh you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
I cannot say too much about Katerini, but I can assure you that you will regret if you miss out its park in the middle of the town! It is a...
Outdoors Activities: Beautiful park in the center of Katerini
It is the best and most special way to see the sights of Killarney to take a Jarvey trip. A Jarvey is a carriage, many of them are available for...
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The oldest worshiping place in Kuala Lumpur, the Jamek Mosque has been built on the meeting of the two rivers, Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak. The...
History & Culture: The Jamek Mosque
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.