The Superstition Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Phoenix > The Superstition Mountain
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Several tribes have different myths about the mountain, according to the Pima and Apache beliefs, the mountain is the home of evil spirits that make the loud rumbling noise that is coming from the mountain. The Pima Indians do not cross the mountain.
There are several modern legends about the gold of the Aztecs, a lost gold mine and other sources of wealth in the mountain.
The mountain itself is very beautiful and picturesque. You can climb it and admire the Indian petroglyphs (drawings on the stone). There are very many and they depict scenes from the life of the Indian tribes, it's fascinating. You can easily visit from there the nearby ghost towns and Western museums.
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Recent travel tips for Phoenix
- AZ Hummer Tours around PhoenixWe met up with our guide on the day of the tour and from the first moment we felt as we had known each other or years. He was so direct with us, making jokes and treating us like friends not as customers. He was also really knowledgeable [...]D: 24.5mi00
- The Musical Instrument Museum in PhoenixThis museum is incredible on so many levels. It has a wide range of instruments that are organized on a geographical scale, presenting the country (shown also on a map), its culture and the instrument itself. It so interesting to see [...]D: 24.8mi00
- South Mountain Park Trails in PhoenixThough the South Mountain Education Center closed down in April due to budget reductions the hiking trails are still open to the public. When we visited Phoenix we decided to dedicate one of our days to climbing and hiking. So we went [...]D: 6.8mi00
- The Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting in PhoenixThis museum is really unique. There aren't very many facilities that feature firefighting cars and materials for display to visitors. So this museum is quite on its on in its league. :) The museum has about 5 galleries each presenting [...]D: 9.7mi00
- Kai Restaurant in PhoenixThe restaurant is located at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and after my opinion it is one of the best restaurants in Phoenix. Featuring mainly (Native) American cuisine the restaurant is rich in Native American history, culture and [...]D: 3mi00
Things about Phoenix you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
In Konstanz gibt es viele Museen, Theater, Kunst und Bauwerke, so wie das Rathaus oder das Schnetztor.
General: Museen, Theater und Rathaus
Henley On Thames, United Kingdom
Make sure you have a whole day for the amazing River and Rowing Museum if you are in Henley on Themes or in the area. It is very large and has many...
Outdoors Activities: For the Whole Family
Last year we stayed a night in the Mandarin pension in Sopron. I can recommend this place because I was really satisfied with it. We paid around 20...
General: Mandarin Pension in Sopron
If you like nature, horses and culture, you should try a ride with the Paso Peruano horses. You can enjoy the nature and the spirited horeses,...
Outdoors Activities: Paso Peruano
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana
This is a fun but rather Westerner oriented classic. Q-Bar is for you if you like cocktails, if you like style and well if you like bangkok...
Night Life & Entertainment: Q-Bar
Belen, New Mexico
The Doodlebug was a self powered single-car train that carried mail, small freight and commuters between Belen and Albuquerque, New Mexico, in the...
Sightseeing: Doodlebug Train