The Superstition Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Phoenix > The Superstition Mountain
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Several tribes have different myths about the mountain, according to the Pima and Apache beliefs, the mountain is the home of evil spirits that make the loud rumbling noise that is coming from the mountain. The Pima Indians do not cross the mountain.
There are several modern legends about the gold of the Aztecs, a lost gold mine and other sources of wealth in the mountain.
The mountain itself is very beautiful and picturesque. You can climb it and admire the Indian petroglyphs (drawings on the stone). There are very many and they depict scenes from the life of the Indian tribes, it's fascinating. You can easily visit from there the nearby ghost towns and Western museums.
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Recent travel tips for Phoenix
- The Royal Palms Resort & Spa in PhoenixIt's no wonder they call it 'royal', because that is the way we felt during our stay in that amazing hotel: like royalty. The staff was really great, paying attention to our needs and making our stay at the hotel as pleasant as they could. [...]D: 13.6mi00
- El Bravo Restaurant in PhoenixEl Bravo has been there almost 30 years now, and is still pumping up with great food and popularity. No wonder, their dishes are absolutely delicious. They have the most tasty green tamales, Mexican tacos (which is enough for two, or for a [...]D: 18.1mi00
- JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in PhoenixThis place has everything to have the greatest relaxation time ever. It has pool, spa, golf and tennis club. We spent the last day of our holiday just lazing around by the pool, enjoying a really good massage in the spa resort and having a [...]D: 25.9mi00
- Phoenix ZooThis zoo is like a paradise for children or for adults who still cherish their inner child, for that matter. It has everything from petting animals to climbing rocks. One of the favorites of the children is the Enchanted Forest with a huge [...]D: 10.1mi00
- Frank & Alberts in PhoenixFrank & Alberts is a place where you eat delicious food presented with creativity and care. The dishes we ordered looked so good on the plates we were reluctant to eat them :) But we still did and they were delicious. The place has a good [...]D: 15mi00
Things about Phoenix you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Day 01: Leave Dhaka by domestic flight for Jessore in the morning. On arrival at Jessore Airport our representative will receive and transfer you...
Sightseeing: World largest Mangrove Forest Sundarbans Forest Trips
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
The Asakusa neighborhood in the Taito district is maybe the oldest part of Tokyo. Due tue ist 'age' many temples can be found here, that...
Sightseeing: Sensoji Temple
The flower market is very interesting, you should go in the morning and you'll see nothing but flowers everywhere. It's next to Little India and...
General: The flower market of Bangkok
Las Vegas, Nevada
Be careful when you walk around on the Las Vegas Boulevard, you might meet some very perseverent canvassers. They are trying really hard to get...
General: Canvassers on Las Vegas Boulevard
This unusual looking house is the joint creation of architects William Gray Purcell and George Grant Elmslie. The house is built in the distinctive...
Sightseeing: The Purcell-Cutts House
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The most beautiful turn-of-the-century home I've ever seen in Oklahoma City, the Overholser Mansion deserves the praise. It looks like s small...
History & Culture: Overholser Mansion
Located at the top of a beautiful condo with huge glass windows surrounding the restaurant, the Monterrey Bay Fish Grotto is truly an elegant and...
Food: Monterey Bay Fish Grotto
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets