The Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Phoenix > The Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
I liked mostly the Experience Gallery which is a part of the museum that host instrument that you can touch and try out. That really got to me. The exotic instruments were the best, they have such interesting components, like the Mexican snare drum that has rattlesnake snares, and the South-African electric guitar that was made out of an oil can.
The museum is really blast and has so much to offer, and not just for music lovers. It something worth seeing and experiencing.
4725 E Mayo Boulevard
Admission for adults $15.00 and $10.00 for children
General opening hours: 9am – 5pm (on Thursday and Friday the museum is open until 9pm)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Phoenix
- The Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting in PhoenixThis museum is really unique. There aren't very many facilities that feature firefighting cars and materials for display to visitors. So this museum is quite on its on in its league. :) The museum has about 5 galleries each presenting [...]D: 9.7mi00
- Scottsdale Old Town and Art District near PhoenixThough called old town, Scottsdale's Old Town is actually not so old, only a bit more than 50, and still when you walk down the streets you feel like you're in a Western movie, only the buildings look more modern, and not that dusty. :) [...]D: n/a00
- Phoenix Art MuseumThis Museum is truly amazing. There are so many things to see, the museum focusing on several subjects ranging from art to history. We took part on the South Wing Overview guided tour which presented us contemporary paintings and modern [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Phoenix ZooThis zoo is like a paradise for children or for adults who still cherish their inner child, for that matter. It has everything from petting animals to climbing rocks. One of the favorites of the children is the Enchanted Forest with a huge [...]D: 10.1mi00
- AZ Hummer Tours around PhoenixWe met up with our guide on the day of the tour and from the first moment we felt as we had known each other or years. He was so direct with us, making jokes and treating us like friends not as customers. He was also really knowledgeable [...]D: 24.5mi00
Things about Phoenix you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Take a look at the 'Zeppelin museum' in the city center, at the lake of constance. Afterwards you can enjoy the promenade at the lake.
General: Take a look what the city has got to offer
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
A nice shopping destination is Debrecen Plaza, a mall located near to the center of the town. Although not big, it has a lot of shopping stores,...
Shopping: Debrecen Plaza
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
The heart and soul of Soul Music, the Stax Museum has seen several well-known artists and has helped many of them become what they are now, like...
History & Culture: Stax Museum
San Francisco, California
Sutro Baths is at the north west corner of the city next to the Cliff House. The baths, which are now ruins, was a popular swimming pool that...
Outdoors Activities: Sutro Baths
Art museum, when packed with lots of exhibitions can be overwhelming and when you leave you feel you couldn't really remember everything. The...
History & Culture: Toledo Museum of Art