The Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting in Phoenix, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Phoenix > The Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting in Phoenix
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum has about 5 galleries each presenting vehicles from the United States collected throughout the years. There are, however exhibits from France, England, Austria and even Japan. One of the galleries is dedicated only to the heroes of firefighting, presenting each and every one of them in detail. The most unique gallery of the museum features cars from wildland firefighting, being the only exhibit of its kind.
The whole museum is really amazing and interesting. Firefighting is a subject that should be taken into consideration more in our days, not just entertainment and such.
6101 E Van Buren Street
They're accepting donations or you can sign up for membership.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Phoenix
- Scottsdale Old Town and Art District near PhoenixThough called old town, Scottsdale's Old Town is actually not so old, only a bit more than 50, and still when you walk down the streets you feel like you're in a Western movie, only the buildings look more modern, and not that dusty. :) [...]D: n/a00
- El Bravo Restaurant in PhoenixEl Bravo has been there almost 30 years now, and is still pumping up with great food and popularity. No wonder, their dishes are absolutely delicious. They have the most tasty green tamales, Mexican tacos (which is enough for two, or for a [...]D: 18.1mi00
- Frank & Alberts in PhoenixFrank & Alberts is a place where you eat delicious food presented with creativity and care. The dishes we ordered looked so good on the plates we were reluctant to eat them :) But we still did and they were delicious. The place has a good [...]D: 15mi00
- Kai Restaurant in PhoenixThe restaurant is located at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and after my opinion it is one of the best restaurants in Phoenix. Featuring mainly (Native) American cuisine the restaurant is rich in Native American history, culture and [...]D: 3mi00
- Heard Museum in PhoenixA museum dedicated to Native Americans, their culture, life, future and art. It has some interactive exhibitions, where kids can take home useful and interesting objects, either made by themselves or the staff. The whole place is full of [...]D: 12.7mi00
Things about Phoenix you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
1°, 2° giorno: Tripoli, visita della città, dei souk, museo. Pernottamento in hotel 3/4 stelle. 3°: Tripoli - Leptis Magna - Gharyan: Visita...
General: Ghadames old medina
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Divided into two areas, Cosmo's World Theme Park is the major attraction for visitors and locals with children. It has at least 14 rides...
Family & Fun: Cosmo's World Theme Park
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
Though mostly famous for its architecture, the Five Dime Restaurant has excellent food to provide, not just an exquisite, interesting environment. ...
Food: Five Dime Restaurat
We visited the painting exhibition of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and their Picasso collection just took our breath away. We were always drawn...
History & Culture: Philadelphia Museum of Art
The most amazing place in Tampa is definitely the Busch Gardens. It is not only and adventure park but a zoo and a catering venue. This place is...
Family & Fun: Busch Gardens