World of Wings Pigeon Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Travel tips > North America > United States > Oklahoma City > World of Wings Pigeon Center
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
I've never seen so many birds (pigeons) in one place and it was really interesting to see so many breeds assembled there. Though the museum is quite small, the admission is free, so it's worth an hour of your time. You might learn some information about these seemingly simple birds that you wouldn't have thought could be possible. :)
2300 NE 63rd St, Oklahoma City, OK 73111, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma State CapitolOne of the most beautiful buildings in the city, the Oklahoma State Capitol is maybe the most wonderful in the US. With a fairly 'new' dome, and an amazing architecture, the capitol is perfect for pictures. If you visit the place, [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Oklahoma City Museum of ArtOne of the most beautiful collections of paintings by European and American artists and also an interesting collection of Hollywood Costume Designs can be see seen in the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. However, if you feel you've already [...]D: 0.2mi00
- National Cowboy MuseumDefinitely a museum that is worth your time and money. You can spend at least a day in the National Cowboy Museum there are so many things to see, watch, touch and learn. From paintings to man-sized exhibits to town-reproductions the [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Overholser MansionThe most beautiful turn-of-the-century home I've ever seen in Oklahoma City, the Overholser Mansion deserves the praise. It looks like s small palace and the inside is so well kept, it seems people are still living there. There are [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Science Museum OklahomaThe land of joy for kids, the Science Museum Oklahoma is open daily with a wide variety of interactive exhibits mostly for kids. At least they are the ones that will get the best of it! Among the usual exhibits about space and aviation, [...]D: 4.6mi00
Things about Oklahoma City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
Long Beach, California
Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, this beautiful museum is like a hidden gem in a busy seafront city. The Long Beach Museum of Art has a wide variety...
History & Culture: Long Beach Museum of Art
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns