Oktoberfest, Munich, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Munich > Oktoberfest
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
Dont take a hotel directly next to the Oktoberfest place, because it´s very noisy during the party is going on.
It´s located at the so called Theresienwiese.
There is no entrance fee for the Oktoberfest
Food and drinks served in the tents:
Opening day: 10 o'clock - 22.30 o'clock
Monday - friday: 10 o'clock - 22.30 o'clock
Satutday, sunday and holidays: 9 o'clock - 22.30 o'clock
Shut down: 23.30 o'clock
How to get there:
Use bus or tram
Recent travel tips for Munich
- What to eat at Munich AirportHere is a quick tip for what to eat while at Munich Airport. There are several great little places but if you are stopping over I would recommend eating at the Airbräu. It's a Bavarian restaurant located in between Terminal 1 and 2. [...]D: 18.6mi00
- Olympiapark MunichOne of the most interesting sights to see if the Olympiapark. It's not only a park where you walk around, but you can visit the fantastic buildings of the 1972 summer games. They look like spider webs covering this area.Also, I [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Schlosspark NymphenburgThis is a fantastic Park in Munich. It's not as central as the English Garden, but more relaxing, and the best place to really calm down from a stressful day. The castle itswelf is beautiful and there the canals, as well as the lake are [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Visit the Schlosspark NymphenburgIf you are looking for a not so crowded place in Munich, this is your best bet. The Schlosspark Nymphenburg offers some beautifully relaxing and soothing trails. There are lakes, some forest and meadows. A draw back is that you can't walk [...]D: 1.3mi10
- Victorian House - NeuhausenThere are several places to enjoy a nice meal in Munich. This is a reasonably priced option with a really nice atmosphere. Although the name suggests that this is an English place, be prepared that the food is a nice blend of English, [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Munich you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
In the local place of Hof, clos to Baienfurt, there will be a new thater in 2010. At the theater of Hof, many known artists will show their...
General: New theater at a place called Hof
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
The best way to get to the city from the airport is by Taxi. Also, once you are in the city, the best way to travel is again by taxi, it's cheap...
Public Transportation: Airport Transfer
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
New Orleans, Louisiana
It's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French...
General: Molly's pub in New Orleans
A facility that is constantly growing, the National Aviary, though still small a bit, offers a wonderful view on the lives and environments of...
History & Culture: National Aviary