Oktoberfest, Munich, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Munich > Oktoberfest
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
Dont take a hotel directly next to the Oktoberfest place, because it´s very noisy during the party is going on.
It´s located at the so called Theresienwiese.
There is no entrance fee for the Oktoberfest
Food and drinks served in the tents:
Opening day: 10 o'clock - 22.30 o'clock
Monday - friday: 10 o'clock - 22.30 o'clock
Satutday, sunday and holidays: 9 o'clock - 22.30 o'clock
Shut down: 23.30 o'clock
How to get there:
Use bus or tram
Recent travel tips for Munich
- San Francisco Coffee CompanyThis is a great little cafe similar to Starbucks but less commercial and a much better chill out. You have free Wifi as long as you want, so if you are in Munich and need a place to work it's perfect. Also, waiters are really nice and there [...]D: 0.8mi00
- OlympiaturmThe Olympiaturn (Olympic Tower) is located in the Olympiapark. It's 291m tall and offers a great view over the city. While you are there, you should definitely walk around in the Olympiapark as well and enjoy the nice architecture from [...]D: 2.3mi10
- Awesome Brunch at The Big EasyI went to the Big Easy for brunch last week on a rainy Sunday. It's been an excellent experience. They have a wide varietay of food. I particularily liked their salads as well as all the different types of cheeses they were offering [...]D: 0.8mi00
- What to eat at Munich AirportHere is a quick tip for what to eat while at Munich Airport. There are several great little places but if you are stopping over I would recommend eating at the Airbräu. It's a Bavarian restaurant located in between Terminal 1 and 2. [...]D: 18.6mi01
- Schweinshaxe and Weissbier on the OktoberfestVisit the Munich Oktoberfest. Have a Schweinshaxe (pork knuckle) at Franziskaner or Augustiner Keller. Drink real Bavarian beer and of course have some white sausages with sweet mustard and Weissbier in the morning for breakfast. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Munich you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
One of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their...
Shopping: St. Lawrence Market
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Jammu is vey crowded during the months of october and April due to the holy Navratri season in India. To get good accommodations during these times...
General: Travel tip
I dare say it is the best place to eat in the whole city. We sat on the terrace and it was very pleasant, although the weather was nice as well. ...
Food: Al Pont De Ferr
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Serving tasty home-made Greek specialties, Myra's Dionysus restaurant is a small, friendly place to eat. They have a huge list of daily soups,...
Food: Myra's Dionysus
There are no words to describe the feeling you get while you try out the rides at Zero Gravity Thrill Park. Fast and crazy, the rides are...
Family & Fun: Zero Gravity Thrill Park
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe