Milan Baptistery, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Milan > Milan Baptistery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The ruins of the baptistery lie right under the Duomo of Milan. What is more interesting, the excavations also revealed the ruins of a Cathedral built even earlier than the baptistery, and the second incarnation of this same Cathedral from the 5th to 12th century.
It is very interesting. There are remains of frescoes and mosaics on the walls and some inscriptions as well. It's like they are built in each other.
Piazza del Duomo
Daily from 9:30am to 5:15pm.
Recent travel tips for Milan
- Really good italian foodIt is the best place to it in the whole city, you really have to try it. Prices may seem a little high, but after you experienced the place, you won't regret it. The food is just delicious, I always liked pasta, but this is something [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Armani/NobuIt is a high quality restaurant with Japanese food and Armani environment. Armani/Nobu is a very special place, one can always see there a couple of stars and famous businessman. To be honest, it's very expensive, but well, if one love's [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Casa dei CiliegiIf you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine. The food is rather good and they also have a nice terrace where we had great cold beers [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Al Pont De FerrI dare say it is the best place to eat in the whole city. We sat on the terrace and it was very pleasant, although the weather was nice as well. The staff is very kind and the food is delicious. It's the best place to try Italian Cuisine [...]D: 3.4mi00
More travel tips about MilanWe only have a few travel tips for Milan so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Milan you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Zaza is well known for its excellent cuisine, and the fact that it doesn't take sides when it comes to food preferences. There is about the same...
Food: Zaza Bistro Tropical Restaurant
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
If you are Arieseni, I recommend, whether it be summer or winter, a walk to the hole Ruginoasa is very spectacular, constantly expanding, ground...
Outdoors Activities: Trekking in Arieseni
El Paso, Texas
Among all the historic hidden gems in El Paso, the Magoffin Homestead is maybe the most unique and beautiful. Everything has been left as it was...
History & Culture: Magoffin Homestead
Long Beach, California
You just feel like you're in Venice, Italy. Taking part on a Gondola Getaway can be genuinely fun or a beautifully romantic. Whichever you...
Sightseeing: Gondola Getaway
San Francisco, California
On Thursday night’s throughout the summer, there is a free movie shown in Dolores Park. Don’t expect your typical quiet theater...
Night Life & Entertainment: Dolores Park Movie Night