Milan Baptistery, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Milan > Milan Baptistery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The ruins of the baptistery lie right under the Duomo of Milan. What is more interesting, the excavations also revealed the ruins of a Cathedral built even earlier than the baptistery, and the second incarnation of this same Cathedral from the 5th to 12th century.
It is very interesting. There are remains of frescoes and mosaics on the walls and some inscriptions as well. It's like they are built in each other.
Piazza del Duomo
Daily from 9:30am to 5:15pm.
Recent travel tips for Milan
- Al Pont De FerrI dare say it is the best place to eat in the whole city. We sat on the terrace and it was very pleasant, although the weather was nice as well. The staff is very kind and the food is delicious. It's the best place to try Italian Cuisine [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Really good italian foodIt is the best place to it in the whole city, you really have to try it. Prices may seem a little high, but after you experienced the place, you won't regret it. The food is just delicious, I always liked pasta, but this is something [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Casa dei CiliegiIf you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine. The food is rather good and they also have a nice terrace where we had great cold beers [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Armani/NobuIt is a high quality restaurant with Japanese food and Armani environment. Armani/Nobu is a very special place, one can always see there a couple of stars and famous businessman. To be honest, it's very expensive, but well, if one love's [...]D: 1.3mi00
More travel tips about MilanWe only have a few travel tips for Milan so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Milan you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you ever liked ice hockey than Hockey Hall of Fame will be your place. Founded in 1943 the Hall is dedicated to honor the great events,...
History & Culture: Hockey Hall of Fame
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
The first stop to almost every visitor that goes to the metropolis is the central district of Tokyo. Though the are has been destroyed many times...
Sightseeing: Central Tokyo
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Kabini is one of the best wildlife zones in this part of the world in Karnataka in India. Wildlife enthusiasts and tourists come here and enjoy the...
Outdoors Activities: Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
The tour we took with Wetlands Safari was a fun and interesting opportunity to explore the side of Amsterdam that is not so accessible when...
Outdoors Activities: Wetlands Safari
This part of the city is special in many ways. First, it is one the most oldest parts of Lisbon, being first inhabited by Visigoths in the 5th...
Outdoors Activities: The Alfama in Lisbon
Home of a wide variety of exotic plants and other amazing exhibits, the Franklin Park Conservatory is a must-see in Columbus. The most amazing...
General: Franklin Park Conservatory
They serve excellent grill dishes at Kenny's Wood Fired Grill and Grey Goose Vodka, something I drank for the first time in my life. The bar...
Food: Kenny's Wood Fired Grill