Milan Baptistery, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Milan > Milan Baptistery
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The ruins of the baptistery lie right under the Duomo of Milan. What is more interesting, the excavations also revealed the ruins of a Cathedral built even earlier than the baptistery, and the second incarnation of this same Cathedral from the 5th to 12th century.
It is very interesting. There are remains of frescoes and mosaics on the walls and some inscriptions as well. It's like they are built in each other.
Piazza del Duomo
Daily from 9:30am to 5:15pm.
Recent travel tips for Milan
- Really good italian foodIt is the best place to it in the whole city, you really have to try it. Prices may seem a little high, but after you experienced the place, you won't regret it. The food is just delicious, I always liked pasta, but this is something [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Casa dei CiliegiIf you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine. The food is rather good and they also have a nice terrace where we had great cold beers [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Armani/NobuIt is a high quality restaurant with Japanese food and Armani environment. Armani/Nobu is a very special place, one can always see there a couple of stars and famous businessman. To be honest, it's very expensive, but well, if one love's [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Al Pont De FerrI dare say it is the best place to eat in the whole city. We sat on the terrace and it was very pleasant, although the weather was nice as well. The staff is very kind and the food is delicious. It's the best place to try Italian Cuisine [...]D: 3.4mi00
More travel tips about MilanWe only have a few travel tips for Milan so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Milan you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
Looking for easy, low cost, reliable Alicante Airport Transfers to Benidorm, Denia and Torrevieja at prices you won’t believe? Book Alicante...
Public Transportation: Looking for easy, low cost, reliable Alicante Airport Transfers to Benidorm, Denia and Torrevieja.
The only good thing I can tell about Bauma is that they have good jazz. The rest is a little strange. Some things are impossibly overpriced, like...
Bangladesh cheap package tour -2010-2011 Bangladesh Expeditions (Specialist in River Cruises & Eco-Adventure) There isn't a better or more...
Sightseeing: Tour operator of bangladesh
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
Charleston, West Virginia
Houston freeways are great. Just pop into downtown have fun and your back to your own bed in notime.
General: Outside of Houston, Tx
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.