Hatshepsut Temple, Luxor, Egypt
Travel tips > Africa > Egypt > Luxor > Hatshepsut Temple
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are so many things to see there that one can't even enumerate all. beautiful frescoes and hieroglyphs cover the walls, there are decorated columns, and beautiful, painted chambers everywhere in the temple depicting scenes of the great female pharaoh.
Don't think you are on the wrong place if you see the statues of the pharaoh with a beard, Hatshepsut always made herself be depicted with beard, to stress her power.
Bring a good camera, because you will take wonderful pictures, the place is fabulous, it isn't called Djeser Djeseru (Splendor of Splendors) for nothing. ;)
Adults 21 EGP (around $4)
Students 11 EGP (around $2)
Recent travel tips for Egypt
- Pyramid of DjoserThe building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in Egypt. The architect was Imhotep, he later became the god and protector of architects and [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Easter egypt package $949Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, you will be met and assisted through customs and formalities, then transferred to [...]D: 1.1mi10
- 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01: FRI - Depart to Egypt today. DAY 02: SAT - Upon arrival at Cairo International Airport, [...]D: 1mi00
- 9 days incredible egypt package $18999 days Incredible Egypt Package For Only $ 1899 per person in double room Single supplement $ 199 Only 3 departure dates April 17 & May 01, May 15, 2012 4 nights Oasis pyramids hotel based on bed and breakfast. 3 nights Amarant [...]D: 1.1mi00
More travel tips about LuxorWe only have a few travel tips for Luxor so take some time and feel free to share your own travel tips with the Travelgrove community. Write about your favorite restaurant, the best museum in town or the park you like most. Tell others what to do and what not to do in the city and help them benefit from your experience. Let’s explore together!
Things about Luxor you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
Islamabad Gharbi, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of Pakistan. To know more visit http://www...
General: Hotels in Islamabad
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I just love unique jewelry and especially those beautiful pieces that have a cultural connotation. And each time I travel abroad I like to take...
Shopping: Skip Maisel's
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
A great restaurant to eat delicious seafood. I went to the Canyon Cafe with some friends, and decided that we would eat only seafood, but no one...
Food: Canyon Southwest Cafe in Fort Lauderdale
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza