Batu cave (Hindu temple), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > Batu cave (Hindu temple)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tip here is to bring water with you as walking up the flight of stairs can be exhausting. Furthermore another tip here is to beware of Monkeys that maybe roaming around the temple. The monkeys can be aggressive and grab your food if they know that you are carrying food around. Thus do hide edible things in your bag.
2 Blocks north of Chinatown on Petaling Street
Entrance Fee: Free
Daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
How to get there:
Take Rapid KL Bus from Pasar Seni. Journey time about 45 minutes. Cost RM2.
By taxi will cost you around RM20 per taxi from KL.
You may go by KTM Commuter trains soon when the station at Batu Caves opens. Cost about RM2.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Moussandra Mediterranean food.Moussandra Mediterranean and Tapas Restaurant is a great place that sells authentic Greek, Spanish and Italian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. This is a great place to dine in should you want to try great Greek, Spanish and Italian food here in [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Ramly BurgerRamly Burgers are very well known in Kula Lumpur. These burgers are known to be the local’s best finger food. This burger seems just like the traditional burgers that we can get in fast food restaurants. However the difference is [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Fong Lye RestaurantFong Lye Restaurant serves really good Taiwanese and Chinese cuisine and dishes. There is a huge variety of food that one can choose from at this place. This place is usually visited by many locals and thus making it a great opportunity to [...]D: 1.8mi00
- ChinatownChinatown was established during the British colonial rule in the Petaling area. This was a place that was built at that time for the Chinese community. Even now this is a great place to know more and understand about the Chinese [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Kuala Lumpur TowerAt the height of 1,38 (421m) feet, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is the fifth tallest tower in the world. From the Observation deck you have a beautiful view of the city and while we went at almost dawn we were able to see the city both in [...]D: n/a00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Lt. Gov. John Graves Simcoe saw the newborn USA as a threat, so he established the base of Fort York in 1793 to defend Toronto (known as...
History & Culture: Fort York
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
The place with the best night life is definitely Siofok. You can find there parties all night long right near the Balaton lake. Give it a try!
Night Life & Entertainment: Siofok, near Balaton lake
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; email@example.com I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
Kabini is one of the best wildlife zones in this part of the world in Karnataka in India. Wildlife enthusiasts and tourists come here and enjoy the...
Outdoors Activities: Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
Combination of Eastern and Western style architecture is what decorates the buildings along Dihua Street. During the Japanese occupancy, many rich...
Sightseeing: Dihua Street
Be aware that there are a lot of one way streets in Montgomery...and some of the one-way signs are not visible. Make sure you see the sign before...
General: Driving in Montgomery