Batu cave (Hindu temple), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > Batu cave (Hindu temple)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tip here is to bring water with you as walking up the flight of stairs can be exhausting. Furthermore another tip here is to beware of Monkeys that maybe roaming around the temple. The monkeys can be aggressive and grab your food if they know that you are carrying food around. Thus do hide edible things in your bag.
2 Blocks north of Chinatown on Petaling Street
Entrance Fee: Free
Daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
How to get there:
Take Rapid KL Bus from Pasar Seni. Journey time about 45 minutes. Cost RM2.
By taxi will cost you around RM20 per taxi from KL.
You may go by KTM Commuter trains soon when the station at Batu Caves opens. Cost about RM2.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Lake GardenThe beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Ramly BurgerRamly Burgers are very well known in Kula Lumpur. These burgers are known to be the local’s best finger food. This burger seems just like the traditional burgers that we can get in fast food restaurants. However the difference is [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Sultan Abdul Samad BuildingHome of Malaysia's High and Supreme Court, the Sultan Abdul Samad building is an architectural jewel combining in style the Western Gothic with Indian-Muslim. You may not be allowed to enter on certain days, but just seeing the whole [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Lot 10 Hawkers CentreThis hawker centre known as the Lot 10 Hawker centre is housed below the Lot 10 complex by the Isetan. There are various stalls in this place and each of these stall sells different kind of local food. This is a great place to try the local [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Kuala Lumpur TowerAt the height of 1,38 (421m) feet, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is the fifth tallest tower in the world. From the Observation deck you have a beautiful view of the city and while we went at almost dawn we were able to see the city both in [...]D: n/a00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
My opinion is that the best place you can choose for relaxing in Miskolc is the cave bath. It is a bath formed from a real cave. It is an...
General: Swimming inside a real cave
India tour package fascinates anyone by offering so many enchanting destinations which are housed with several historical sites representing...
General: India Tour Travel || India Travel Tour
If you really want to enjoy the thrill of a live show by internationally famous performers, visit Verona- the city of romance; well-known for its...
General: Discovering the Grandeur of Performing in an Arena
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
Saint Petersburg, Russia
The Russian Museum is a must see when you're visiting Saint Petersburg. They have a huge collection of art, mainly paintings and sculptures, by...
History & Culture: Russian Museum
Manhattan Beach, California
When you're in Manhattan Beach, make sure you go down to the pier and walk all the way to Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach and back. It's just a...
General: Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach
It's all about getting the lowest price possible for what you need in Sicily,Il. That's why our budget Sicily hotels are inexpensive but jam packed...
Food: Budget Sicily Hotels
Washington, District Of Columbia
The huge 19-foot tall white marble statue of Abraham Lincoln is a must-see sight in Washington. Whether you are a visitor or a local this place is...
History & Culture: Lincoln Memorial in Washington