Batu cave (Hindu temple), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > Batu cave (Hindu temple)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tip here is to bring water with you as walking up the flight of stairs can be exhausting. Furthermore another tip here is to beware of Monkeys that maybe roaming around the temple. The monkeys can be aggressive and grab your food if they know that you are carrying food around. Thus do hide edible things in your bag.
2 Blocks north of Chinatown on Petaling Street
Entrance Fee: Free
Daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
How to get there:
Take Rapid KL Bus from Pasar Seni. Journey time about 45 minutes. Cost RM2.
By taxi will cost you around RM20 per taxi from KL.
You may go by KTM Commuter trains soon when the station at Batu Caves opens. Cost about RM2.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Good Band at hard rock cafeHard rock cafe is a very popular establishment all over the world. Likewise in Kuala Lumpur hard rock is always filled with both locals and tourist. This place just like other hardrock cafes serves great drinks and also a nice comfortable [...]D: 2.1mi00
- National Art Museum of Kuala LumpurHome to over 2500 works of art, the National Art Museum combines modern and traditional architecture and style both in its exterior and collections. If you're planning to spend a little bit more time int he museum, then you don't [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Top Hat RestaurantWe just visited the Petronas Twin Towers and were looking for a place to have lunch when we found the Top Hat Restaurant. It looked so nice from the outside with its huge wall-windows that we decided to go and see if their food was good as [...]D: 1.6mi00
- The Jamek MosqueThe oldest worshiping place in Kuala Lumpur, the Jamek Mosque has been built on the meeting of the two rivers, Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak. The early settlers established their homes exactly at this confluence and built the mosque in [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Kuala Lumpur Lake GardenThe beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also [...]D: 1.4mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Beach is home to an impressive beachfront where you can spend an entire day basking in the glorious sunshine and taking in the surrounding...
General: Jumeirah Beach is home
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
Beavertails Pastry, as the name shows offers a special kind of hot pastry with all kinds of syrups and ice-creams as a topping. It's very very...
Food: Beavertails Pastry
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
Ahmedabad is a the finest example of cultural heritage, a place of diversity, oldest to latest trends, colors, festivals!!! Amazing. Food is...
General: City of Culture and Heritage
Camping with your family
Outdoors Activities: Camping Places
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant
Hong Kong, China
I have to admit, this restaurant really got to me with it's giant shrimp which they prepared on the spot, in front of me. Fresh and tasty, it was...
Food: Chilli n Spice Hong Kong Restaurant