Batu cave (Hindu temple), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > Batu cave (Hindu temple)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tip here is to bring water with you as walking up the flight of stairs can be exhausting. Furthermore another tip here is to beware of Monkeys that maybe roaming around the temple. The monkeys can be aggressive and grab your food if they know that you are carrying food around. Thus do hide edible things in your bag.
2 Blocks north of Chinatown on Petaling Street
Entrance Fee: Free
Daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
How to get there:
Take Rapid KL Bus from Pasar Seni. Journey time about 45 minutes. Cost RM2.
By taxi will cost you around RM20 per taxi from KL.
You may go by KTM Commuter trains soon when the station at Batu Caves opens. Cost about RM2.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- National Mosque (Masjid Negara)Malaysia's most prominent building, the National Mosque was built in 1965 and embodies modern and Islamic art. The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Cosmo's World Theme ParkDivided into two areas, Cosmo's World Theme Park is the major attraction for visitors and locals with children. It has at least 14 rides featuring different themes and of course heights. They are highly popular among youngsters. [...]D: 1.8mi00
- National Art Museum of Kuala LumpurHome to over 2500 works of art, the National Art Museum combines modern and traditional architecture and style both in its exterior and collections. If you're planning to spend a little bit more time int he museum, then you don't [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Pangkor IslandHe ancient name for this island is Spirit Island. The ancient islanders believed that this island is protected by the spirits of 'Keramat Serban Hijau', 'Keramat Serban Kuning' and 'Keramat Tok Janggut'. Fishermen claim to hear voices [...]D: n/a00
- Moussandra Mediterranean food.Moussandra Mediterranean and Tapas Restaurant is a great place that sells authentic Greek, Spanish and Italian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. This is a great place to dine in should you want to try great Greek, Spanish and Italian food here in [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When people go to Spain they usually think about the Spanish food, and in Madrid the most typical thing to eat are Churros. The only problem is...
Food: Chocolatería San Ginés
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Salford, United Kingdom
UK Minibus Hire is a minibus hire company in the United Kingdom. We are offering to book local minibus around many popular regions Sheffield,...
Public Transportation: Ukminibuses Travel
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Spaccanapoli is the road that divides Naples. If you want to experience the real Neapolitan flair, you simply cannot miss the Spaccanapoli, which...
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets