Batu cave (Hindu temple), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > Batu cave (Hindu temple)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tip here is to bring water with you as walking up the flight of stairs can be exhausting. Furthermore another tip here is to beware of Monkeys that maybe roaming around the temple. The monkeys can be aggressive and grab your food if they know that you are carrying food around. Thus do hide edible things in your bag.
2 Blocks north of Chinatown on Petaling Street
Entrance Fee: Free
Daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
How to get there:
Take Rapid KL Bus from Pasar Seni. Journey time about 45 minutes. Cost RM2.
By taxi will cost you around RM20 per taxi from KL.
You may go by KTM Commuter trains soon when the station at Batu Caves opens. Cost about RM2.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- The Jamek MosqueThe oldest worshiping place in Kuala Lumpur, the Jamek Mosque has been built on the meeting of the two rivers, Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak. The early settlers established their homes exactly at this confluence and built the mosque in [...]D: 1.3mi00
- National Art Museum of Kuala LumpurHome to over 2500 works of art, the National Art Museum combines modern and traditional architecture and style both in its exterior and collections. If you're planning to spend a little bit more time int he museum, then you don't [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Travelling by taxiI think travellers all over the world share the same problems with taxi drivers who are just waiting to rip off some unsuspecting tourist. I was a victim in Rome once when three of us took a cab to go somewhere. No meters but a price was [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Restoran Kim Lian Kee (Hokkien Noodle)This restaurant known as the Restoran Kim Lian Kee is very famous in Kuala Lumpur not just among the locals but also tourists from tourists around the world. This is because it is believed to sell one of the best Hokkien noodle. Hokkien [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Some attractions in Vietnam you don't knowIf you only have time to explore one country in Southeast Asia, choose VIETNAM! Let’s admit it, when it comes to travel, Vietnam gets a bit of a bad rep. Before coming here all I heard were stories of travel scams, robberies, aggressive [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Brisbane Hotels For This Weekend designed luxurtguest room, Deluxe, Executive Room, and Suite within the hotel features contemporary decor and...
General: Hotels For This Weekend Brisbane Hotels
Frankfurt Am Main, Germany
(_) (_) /_ _______/
Outdoors Activities: Rostyslav
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
Oxford, United Kingdom
Sightseeing buses may seem as a waste of time and money, but in the case of towns like Oxford I would say that they are the perfect choice. Oxford...
History & Culture: Sightseeing in Oxford with the bus
Visiting Jerusalem don't miss the Via Dolorosa which is, according to the Christian tradition, the path that the messiah walked with his cross on...
General: Via Dolorosa Stations of the Cross
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Viet Tri, Vietnam
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam You arrive Tan Son Nhat (Saigon) International Airport. Transfer from Airport to Ho Chi Minh City at any...
Sightseeing: Luxury Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi Tour 10 Days/9 Nights
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing