EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK, Kathmandu, Nepal
Travel tips > Asia > Nepal > Kathmandu > EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
KONGMA-LA PASS, CHO-LA PASS & RENJO-LA PASS TREK
EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK CROSSES OVER THE KONGMA-LA PASS, CHO-LA PASS & RENJO-LA PASS along entire trek days-The ambitious trekker’s intend to do high passes trek without any technical climbing gears. This types of treks is available in Everest region of the Kongma-La, Cho-La and Renjo-La Pass with the alpine pastures and Lakes of Gokyo or milk lake the abode of Lord Shiva. While you are in this trek, you can see the outstanding and majestic views of Mt. Everest, Cho-oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, Amadablam, Lobuche and other many more mountains from Kalapathar and Gokyo-Ri top. We cross the Renjo pass (5345 m) to reach the Gokyo lakes where we climb Gokyo Peak (5480 m) and enjoy one of Nepal most beautiful mountain sceneries including Everest, Makalu and Cho Oyo.
From this point we take the trail to Lobuche, crossing Cho La pass (5420 m) and join the small village of Dzongla. After the ascent of Kala Patthar (5545 m) and the impressive up-close view of Everest, our return route passes through Kongma La (5535 m) or the Imja Tse valley. While going down, we stop in Tengboche, a magnificent location with a fascinating monastery. We rest here and savor the incredible scenery, including magnificent views of Everest, Ama Dablam (6856m), Kantega (6809m), Kwangde (6194m), Nuptse (7879m), and Lhotse (8511m), to name but a few. In overall Everest 3 (three) passes trek allow you to explore its most hidden trail and unforgettable encounters with awesome views.
Trip Highlights of Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek
Explore Kongma-La (5535 m), Cho-La (5310 m) and Renjo-La (5345 m) passes, Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar and Khumbu ice fall views from Kalapatthar awe- inspiring, encounter highland Sherpa people’s life style and their unique cultural hospitality, probably one of the world’s most popular destination visit. Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek is total mountain adventure journey to roof of the world, opportunities for outstanding photographic and many chaos encounter of typical culture in highland. Among of them along Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek take you to visit polar places- Namche Bazar, Tengboche Monastery, Khumjung and Pangboche Sherpa villages.
Trip Facts of Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek
Duration: 20 days whole package
Activities: Trekking- Explore Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar. Cross over the 3 (three) passes trail
Maximum altitude: 5545m Kalapatthar, 5310m Everest Base Camp and Kongma-La (5535 m), Cho-La (5310 m) and Renjo-La (5345 m) passes
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: In Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
Accommodations: Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Outline Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and welcome dinner.
Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Sightseeing, Transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2850 m) and trek to Phakding (2600m), 3 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 04: Trek Phakding to Namche (3450m) 5-6 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 05: Namche rest day for acclimatization (Hike to Khumjung village 3800m), rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge.
Day 06: Trek Namche Bazar to Thame 3820m, 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 07: Trek Thame 3820m to Lunde 4300m, 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 08: Trek Lunde 4300m to Gokyo Lake (4700m) cross Renjo-La Pass (5345m), 7-8 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 09: Rest and exploration day at Gokyo Lake (4700m), hike to Gokyo-Ri (5357m),
Day 10: Trek Gokyo Lake (4700m) to Thangnak 4680m 3-4hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 11: Trek Thangnak 4680m to Dzongla (4830m), cross over the Cho La Pass 5310m , 6-7 hrs rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 12: Trek Dzongla to Lobuche (4940m), 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 13: Trek Lobuche (4940m), to Gorakshep (5170m), 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge, explore Everest Base Camp 5310m.
Day 14: Trek Gorakshep (5170m) to Lobuche (4940m), 4 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge. Morning climb up Kalapatthar ridge to see probably the best views of Mt Everest
Day 15: Trek Lobuche (4940m) to Chhukung cross over the Kongma – La 5535m pass 7-8 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 16: Trek Chhukung to Dingbuche ( 4310m, 3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 17: Trek Dingbuche to Namche Bazar (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 18: Trek Namche Bazar to Phakding (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 19: Trek Phakding to Lukla (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 20: Fly back Lukla to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and rest
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Package Includes:
• Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
• 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu
• Entry permit to Sagarmatha National Park and TIMS fee
• Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation in tea house lodge along the trail.
• Domestic airfare and airport tax round trip (Kathmandu - Lukla – Kathmandu for the trekking )
• Comprehensive First Aid kit pack
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Package Excludes:
• International flight ticket and airport tax
• Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
• Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
• Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
• Personal trekking gear for the trip
Trek Booking Information
Cost: US $ 2085 per person
Minimum Group size: 2
Grading: moderate to strenuous
Departure date: as per your convenience.
FOR MORE INFO
Cost: US $ 2085 per person
9am - 9pm
How to get there:
Get flight connection to Nepal from your convenience destination India, China, Hongkong, Singapore, Bangkok, Dubai and other Middle East countries...
+977 1 4413901
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kathmandu
- Nepamount Trekking pvt. Ltd.We are specialist trekking, rafting,canoeing,rock climbing,peaks climbing,bungee jumping,safaris, sightseeing,mountain biking, etc. organizer based in Nepal. [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Tiji Festival Trekking, Mustang Tiji Festival 2011, Upper...Tiji Festival Trekking for 2011 Tiji festival of Upper Mustang trekking region is an almost unknown celebration that most of Nepal trekkers never experience. It is normally falls in the month of May and June according to Tibetan lunar [...]D: 0.3mi00
- 12night 13 day Everest Base Camp trekking'As we hike through high country above the tree-lines into birch & pine forests, visiting quiet monasteries on the way; we then cut through high passes at the foothills of the mother of all peaks…Mt. Everest…' Type Teahouse/Camping [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Annapurna Base Camp TrekAnnapurna base camp trek has long been one of the most popular trekking destinations amongst the trekkers across the world, the Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m, 26,545 ft), the world’s tenth highest mountain has always been the dream holiday for [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Everest Base Camp Trekking,Trekking to Everest,Everest...Everest Base Camp Trekking Overview MAX ALTITUDE: N/A DURATION: 17 Days GRADE: N/A Introduction Everest base camp trekking is one of the popular trekking destinations. Everest trekking is the most famous trekking routes in the world and is [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
Es gibt einen super Zirkus in den man umbedingt reingehen sollte. Dort sind viele Tiere und Artisten.
Family & Fun: Zirkus in Tjumen
You can't get enough of this country club. No wonder, Billy Bob's is ranked first in the largest country clubs in the whole world. So, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Billy Bob's
Fort Worth, Texas
The National Historic District of the city, the Fort Worth Stockyards is a gem of Western culture and entertainment. For the ones who are...
History & Culture: Fort Worth Stockyards
Miami Beach, Florida
This restaurant has the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overprized. ...
Food: Azul – Best wine list, worst cuisine in Miami
A beautiful place full of meaning and culture, tradition, the Keeper of the Plains is like a sacred place where Nature meets the people. Based on...
Sightseeing: Keeper of the Plains
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.