EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK, Kathmandu, Nepal
Travel tips > Asia > Nepal > Kathmandu > EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
KONGMA-LA PASS, CHO-LA PASS & RENJO-LA PASS TREK
EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK CROSSES OVER THE KONGMA-LA PASS, CHO-LA PASS & RENJO-LA PASS along entire trek days-The ambitious trekker’s intend to do high passes trek without any technical climbing gears. This types of treks is available in Everest region of the Kongma-La, Cho-La and Renjo-La Pass with the alpine pastures and Lakes of Gokyo or milk lake the abode of Lord Shiva. While you are in this trek, you can see the outstanding and majestic views of Mt. Everest, Cho-oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, Amadablam, Lobuche and other many more mountains from Kalapathar and Gokyo-Ri top. We cross the Renjo pass (5345 m) to reach the Gokyo lakes where we climb Gokyo Peak (5480 m) and enjoy one of Nepal most beautiful mountain sceneries including Everest, Makalu and Cho Oyo.
From this point we take the trail to Lobuche, crossing Cho La pass (5420 m) and join the small village of Dzongla. After the ascent of Kala Patthar (5545 m) and the impressive up-close view of Everest, our return route passes through Kongma La (5535 m) or the Imja Tse valley. While going down, we stop in Tengboche, a magnificent location with a fascinating monastery. We rest here and savor the incredible scenery, including magnificent views of Everest, Ama Dablam (6856m), Kantega (6809m), Kwangde (6194m), Nuptse (7879m), and Lhotse (8511m), to name but a few. In overall Everest 3 (three) passes trek allow you to explore its most hidden trail and unforgettable encounters with awesome views.
Trip Highlights of Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek
Explore Kongma-La (5535 m), Cho-La (5310 m) and Renjo-La (5345 m) passes, Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar and Khumbu ice fall views from Kalapatthar awe- inspiring, encounter highland Sherpa people’s life style and their unique cultural hospitality, probably one of the world’s most popular destination visit. Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek is total mountain adventure journey to roof of the world, opportunities for outstanding photographic and many chaos encounter of typical culture in highland. Among of them along Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek take you to visit polar places- Namche Bazar, Tengboche Monastery, Khumjung and Pangboche Sherpa villages.
Trip Facts of Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek
Duration: 20 days whole package
Activities: Trekking- Explore Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar. Cross over the 3 (three) passes trail
Maximum altitude: 5545m Kalapatthar, 5310m Everest Base Camp and Kongma-La (5535 m), Cho-La (5310 m) and Renjo-La (5345 m) passes
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: In Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
Accommodations: Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Outline Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and welcome dinner.
Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Sightseeing, Transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2850 m) and trek to Phakding (2600m), 3 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 04: Trek Phakding to Namche (3450m) 5-6 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 05: Namche rest day for acclimatization (Hike to Khumjung village 3800m), rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge.
Day 06: Trek Namche Bazar to Thame 3820m, 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 07: Trek Thame 3820m to Lunde 4300m, 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 08: Trek Lunde 4300m to Gokyo Lake (4700m) cross Renjo-La Pass (5345m), 7-8 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 09: Rest and exploration day at Gokyo Lake (4700m), hike to Gokyo-Ri (5357m),
Day 10: Trek Gokyo Lake (4700m) to Thangnak 4680m 3-4hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 11: Trek Thangnak 4680m to Dzongla (4830m), cross over the Cho La Pass 5310m , 6-7 hrs rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 12: Trek Dzongla to Lobuche (4940m), 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 13: Trek Lobuche (4940m), to Gorakshep (5170m), 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge, explore Everest Base Camp 5310m.
Day 14: Trek Gorakshep (5170m) to Lobuche (4940m), 4 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge. Morning climb up Kalapatthar ridge to see probably the best views of Mt Everest
Day 15: Trek Lobuche (4940m) to Chhukung cross over the Kongma – La 5535m pass 7-8 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 16: Trek Chhukung to Dingbuche ( 4310m, 3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 17: Trek Dingbuche to Namche Bazar (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 18: Trek Namche Bazar to Phakding (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 19: Trek Phakding to Lukla (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 20: Fly back Lukla to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and rest
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Package Includes:
• Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
• 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu
• Entry permit to Sagarmatha National Park and TIMS fee
• Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation in tea house lodge along the trail.
• Domestic airfare and airport tax round trip (Kathmandu - Lukla – Kathmandu for the trekking )
• Comprehensive First Aid kit pack
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Package Excludes:
• International flight ticket and airport tax
• Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
• Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
• Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
• Personal trekking gear for the trip
Trek Booking Information
Cost: US $ 2085 per person
Minimum Group size: 2
Grading: moderate to strenuous
Departure date: as per your convenience.
FOR MORE INFO
Cost: US $ 2085 per person
9am - 9pm
How to get there:
Get flight connection to Nepal from your convenience destination India, China, Hongkong, Singapore, Bangkok, Dubai and other Middle East countries...
+977 1 4413901
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kathmandu
- Trekking in Nepal - Treks HimalayaTrekking in Nepal is part of world adventure trekking tourism and Adventure Trekking in Nepal. Natures to renew one’s own self regard, to relive oneself, realize to beauty Nepal Treks Himalaya, to interact with its generous, friendly [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Biking trip to NepalGlimpse of Mountain biking tour in Nepal Nepal is the world's number one adventure playground for mountain bikers. Through mountain biking trip is one of the most amazing activities for travelers in Nepal which is possibility ranges from a [...]D: n/a10
- Travel in NepalNepal travel activities Nepal travel activities have many different adventure activities from couple of days to until a month. Here are very important to choose your trip before then your Nepal arrival. Nepal is small country in the world. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek (Nepal Annapurna Area)Ghorepani Trek is a wonderful opportunity to witness the beauty of the Annapurna region with a shorter trek. The trip starts just north of the city of Pokhara and winds through the Poon Hill area and then passes the many cultural and [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Wel-come nepal trekkingHi! Am Subindra Adhikari & I was born on the rugged but beautiful mountains of Nepal. I am an Experienced Mountain Guide from landlocked Nepal…& I enjoy my work to the hilt… Care to walk the trails with me? Please Contact me if you want [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Kressbronn Am Bodensee, Germany
Wenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen....
General: Strandbad am Bodensee
If you visit Stuttgart by car, use one of the many parking lots with S-Bahn connection. Because in the city center it´s hard to find parking space.
Public Transportation: Park and Ride
The two museums are in the same building, one of the most impressive Renaissance mansions in Lyon built at the beginning of the 16the century. ...
History & Culture: Historical Museum and Puppet Museum
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
You can also go from Sfantu Gheorghe to Covasna by train. A really slow one, because it will take about 45 minutes for just 35 Km. A problem is...
Public Transportation: Sfantu Gheorghe to Covasna, by train
Satu Mare, Romania
If you want to sleep a night or two in Satu Mare you can go to the two most known hotels, Dacia Hotel and Aurora Hotel wich are located in the...
General: Venues accommodation in Satu Mare, Hotel Alma spa
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
No thing important i like go best place
General: Man or mr
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The valley is Mai Chau town of Hoa Binh province which is located 135km southwest of Hanoi. The word “valley” means that it is surrounded by...
General: How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?