EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK, Kathmandu, Nepal
Travel tips > Asia > Nepal > Kathmandu > EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
KONGMA-LA PASS, CHO-LA PASS & RENJO-LA PASS TREK
EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK CROSSES OVER THE KONGMA-LA PASS, CHO-LA PASS & RENJO-LA PASS along entire trek days-The ambitious trekker’s intend to do high passes trek without any technical climbing gears. This types of treks is available in Everest region of the Kongma-La, Cho-La and Renjo-La Pass with the alpine pastures and Lakes of Gokyo or milk lake the abode of Lord Shiva. While you are in this trek, you can see the outstanding and majestic views of Mt. Everest, Cho-oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, Amadablam, Lobuche and other many more mountains from Kalapathar and Gokyo-Ri top. We cross the Renjo pass (5345 m) to reach the Gokyo lakes where we climb Gokyo Peak (5480 m) and enjoy one of Nepal most beautiful mountain sceneries including Everest, Makalu and Cho Oyo.
From this point we take the trail to Lobuche, crossing Cho La pass (5420 m) and join the small village of Dzongla. After the ascent of Kala Patthar (5545 m) and the impressive up-close view of Everest, our return route passes through Kongma La (5535 m) or the Imja Tse valley. While going down, we stop in Tengboche, a magnificent location with a fascinating monastery. We rest here and savor the incredible scenery, including magnificent views of Everest, Ama Dablam (6856m), Kantega (6809m), Kwangde (6194m), Nuptse (7879m), and Lhotse (8511m), to name but a few. In overall Everest 3 (three) passes trek allow you to explore its most hidden trail and unforgettable encounters with awesome views.
Trip Highlights of Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek
Explore Kongma-La (5535 m), Cho-La (5310 m) and Renjo-La (5345 m) passes, Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar and Khumbu ice fall views from Kalapatthar awe- inspiring, encounter highland Sherpa people’s life style and their unique cultural hospitality, probably one of the world’s most popular destination visit. Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek is total mountain adventure journey to roof of the world, opportunities for outstanding photographic and many chaos encounter of typical culture in highland. Among of them along Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek take you to visit polar places- Namche Bazar, Tengboche Monastery, Khumjung and Pangboche Sherpa villages.
Trip Facts of Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek
Duration: 20 days whole package
Activities: Trekking- Explore Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar. Cross over the 3 (three) passes trail
Maximum altitude: 5545m Kalapatthar, 5310m Everest Base Camp and Kongma-La (5535 m), Cho-La (5310 m) and Renjo-La (5345 m) passes
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: In Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
Accommodations: Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Outline Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and welcome dinner.
Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Sightseeing, Transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2850 m) and trek to Phakding (2600m), 3 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 04: Trek Phakding to Namche (3450m) 5-6 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 05: Namche rest day for acclimatization (Hike to Khumjung village 3800m), rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge.
Day 06: Trek Namche Bazar to Thame 3820m, 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 07: Trek Thame 3820m to Lunde 4300m, 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 08: Trek Lunde 4300m to Gokyo Lake (4700m) cross Renjo-La Pass (5345m), 7-8 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 09: Rest and exploration day at Gokyo Lake (4700m), hike to Gokyo-Ri (5357m),
Day 10: Trek Gokyo Lake (4700m) to Thangnak 4680m 3-4hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 11: Trek Thangnak 4680m to Dzongla (4830m), cross over the Cho La Pass 5310m , 6-7 hrs rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 12: Trek Dzongla to Lobuche (4940m), 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 13: Trek Lobuche (4940m), to Gorakshep (5170m), 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge, explore Everest Base Camp 5310m.
Day 14: Trek Gorakshep (5170m) to Lobuche (4940m), 4 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge. Morning climb up Kalapatthar ridge to see probably the best views of Mt Everest
Day 15: Trek Lobuche (4940m) to Chhukung cross over the Kongma – La 5535m pass 7-8 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 16: Trek Chhukung to Dingbuche ( 4310m, 3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 17: Trek Dingbuche to Namche Bazar (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 18: Trek Namche Bazar to Phakding (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 19: Trek Phakding to Lukla (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 20: Fly back Lukla to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and rest
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Package Includes:
• Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
• 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu
• Entry permit to Sagarmatha National Park and TIMS fee
• Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation in tea house lodge along the trail.
• Domestic airfare and airport tax round trip (Kathmandu - Lukla – Kathmandu for the trekking )
• Comprehensive First Aid kit pack
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Package Excludes:
• International flight ticket and airport tax
• Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
• Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
• Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
• Personal trekking gear for the trip
Trek Booking Information
Cost: US $ 2085 per person
Minimum Group size: 2
Grading: moderate to strenuous
Departure date: as per your convenience.
FOR MORE INFO
Cost: US $ 2085 per person
9am - 9pm
How to get there:
Get flight connection to Nepal from your convenience destination India, China, Hongkong, Singapore, Bangkok, Dubai and other Middle East countries...
+977 1 4413901
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kathmandu
- Travel in NepalNepal travel activities Nepal travel activities have many different adventure activities from couple of days to until a month. Here are very important to choose your trip before then your Nepal arrival. Nepal is small country in the world. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Nepal Everest Base Camp trekking- 14 days.Everest Base Camp trek itinerary www.adventurediscoverytreks.com Day 1: Pick up from Kathmandu airport (1330m) and transfer to Hotel in kathmandu. Over night Day 2: After b/fast, sightseeing tour around Kathmandu. Day 3: Morning flight [...]D: n/a00
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek (Sanctuary) | Trekking in Nepal,...Annapurna Base Camp Trekking Overview MAX ALTITUDE: N/A DURATION: 15 days GRADE: N/A Introduction Annapurna base camp trekking, also called the Annapurna sanctuary trekking is the one of the most classic and most demanded trekking trails in [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Manaslu Trek Nepal, Manaslu Trek ItineraryManaslu (8156m) region trekking is renowned as one of the most beautiful natural reward in the world. Foremost days this challenging mountain was climbed by Japanese Expedition team and explored the main route and there after started to [...]D: n/a00
- Hotel in Nepal ,hotel holyhimalaya,Hotel NepalAfter 16 years of successfully leading tours in the Himalayas, Holy Himalaya has begun a new venture in tourism. We now have our own hotel! It operated, with a very good reputation, as the Dynasty hotel for 10 years. Holy Himalaya Tours was [...]D: 0.4mi10
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
Salford, United Kingdom
UK Minibus Hire is a minibus hire company in the United Kingdom. We are offering to book local minibus around many popular regions Sheffield,...
Public Transportation: Ukminibuses Travel
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
A definite must-visit in Anchorage for lunch or dinner is the Glacier Brewhouse on West Avenue. The food is simply amazing, there is no other word...
Food: Glacier Brewhouse
If you're in a taste for some fresh, delicious pork dishes than you have to look up the Three Little Pigs BBQ on South Highland Street. They...
Food: Three Little Pigs BBQ
As the center point of Oakland, Lake Merritt is not only a lake in a city, but a major entertainment destination both for locals and visitors alike...
Sightseeing: Lake Merritt
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The most beautiful turn-of-the-century home I've ever seen in Oklahoma City, the Overholser Mansion deserves the praise. It looks like s small...
History & Culture: Overholser Mansion