EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK, Kathmandu, Nepal
Travel tips > Asia > Nepal > Kathmandu > EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
KONGMA-LA PASS, CHO-LA PASS & RENJO-LA PASS TREK
EVEREST 3 (THREE) PASSES TREK CROSSES OVER THE KONGMA-LA PASS, CHO-LA PASS & RENJO-LA PASS along entire trek days-The ambitious trekker’s intend to do high passes trek without any technical climbing gears. This types of treks is available in Everest region of the Kongma-La, Cho-La and Renjo-La Pass with the alpine pastures and Lakes of Gokyo or milk lake the abode of Lord Shiva. While you are in this trek, you can see the outstanding and majestic views of Mt. Everest, Cho-oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, Amadablam, Lobuche and other many more mountains from Kalapathar and Gokyo-Ri top. We cross the Renjo pass (5345 m) to reach the Gokyo lakes where we climb Gokyo Peak (5480 m) and enjoy one of Nepal most beautiful mountain sceneries including Everest, Makalu and Cho Oyo.
From this point we take the trail to Lobuche, crossing Cho La pass (5420 m) and join the small village of Dzongla. After the ascent of Kala Patthar (5545 m) and the impressive up-close view of Everest, our return route passes through Kongma La (5535 m) or the Imja Tse valley. While going down, we stop in Tengboche, a magnificent location with a fascinating monastery. We rest here and savor the incredible scenery, including magnificent views of Everest, Ama Dablam (6856m), Kantega (6809m), Kwangde (6194m), Nuptse (7879m), and Lhotse (8511m), to name but a few. In overall Everest 3 (three) passes trek allow you to explore its most hidden trail and unforgettable encounters with awesome views.
Trip Highlights of Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek
Explore Kongma-La (5535 m), Cho-La (5310 m) and Renjo-La (5345 m) passes, Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar and Khumbu ice fall views from Kalapatthar awe- inspiring, encounter highland Sherpa people’s life style and their unique cultural hospitality, probably one of the world’s most popular destination visit. Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek is total mountain adventure journey to roof of the world, opportunities for outstanding photographic and many chaos encounter of typical culture in highland. Among of them along Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek take you to visit polar places- Namche Bazar, Tengboche Monastery, Khumjung and Pangboche Sherpa villages.
Trip Facts of Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek
Duration: 20 days whole package
Activities: Trekking- Explore Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar. Cross over the 3 (three) passes trail
Maximum altitude: 5545m Kalapatthar, 5310m Everest Base Camp and Kongma-La (5535 m), Cho-La (5310 m) and Renjo-La (5345 m) passes
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: In Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
Accommodations: Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Outline Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and welcome dinner.
Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Sightseeing, Transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2850 m) and trek to Phakding (2600m), 3 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 04: Trek Phakding to Namche (3450m) 5-6 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 05: Namche rest day for acclimatization (Hike to Khumjung village 3800m), rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge.
Day 06: Trek Namche Bazar to Thame 3820m, 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 07: Trek Thame 3820m to Lunde 4300m, 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 08: Trek Lunde 4300m to Gokyo Lake (4700m) cross Renjo-La Pass (5345m), 7-8 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 09: Rest and exploration day at Gokyo Lake (4700m), hike to Gokyo-Ri (5357m),
Day 10: Trek Gokyo Lake (4700m) to Thangnak 4680m 3-4hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 11: Trek Thangnak 4680m to Dzongla (4830m), cross over the Cho La Pass 5310m , 6-7 hrs rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 12: Trek Dzongla to Lobuche (4940m), 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 13: Trek Lobuche (4940m), to Gorakshep (5170m), 4-5 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge, explore Everest Base Camp 5310m.
Day 14: Trek Gorakshep (5170m) to Lobuche (4940m), 4 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge. Morning climb up Kalapatthar ridge to see probably the best views of Mt Everest
Day 15: Trek Lobuche (4940m) to Chhukung cross over the Kongma – La 5535m pass 7-8 hrs, rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 16: Trek Chhukung to Dingbuche ( 4310m, 3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 17: Trek Dingbuche to Namche Bazar (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 18: Trek Namche Bazar to Phakding (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 19: Trek Phakding to Lukla (3-4hrs) rest and overnight at local teahouse lodge
Day 20: Fly back Lukla to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and rest
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Package Includes:
• Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
• 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu
• Entry permit to Sagarmatha National Park and TIMS fee
• Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation in tea house lodge along the trail.
• Domestic airfare and airport tax round trip (Kathmandu - Lukla – Kathmandu for the trekking )
• Comprehensive First Aid kit pack
Everest 3 (three) Passes Trek Package Excludes:
• International flight ticket and airport tax
• Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
• Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
• Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
• Personal trekking gear for the trip
Trek Booking Information
Cost: US $ 2085 per person
Minimum Group size: 2
Grading: moderate to strenuous
Departure date: as per your convenience.
FOR MORE INFO
Cost: US $ 2085 per person
9am - 9pm
How to get there:
Get flight connection to Nepal from your convenience destination India, China, Hongkong, Singapore, Bangkok, Dubai and other Middle East countries...
+977 1 4413901
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kathmandu
- Kailash Yatra 20171. Amid electric tempests, don't point upwards metallic articles like remote aerials which can draw in lightning. Likewise, avoid funnel shaped rocks. Try not to take protect under a tree. Try not to stay on the highest point of slopes. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek (Sanctuary) | Trekking in Nepal,...Annapurna Base Camp Trekking Overview MAX ALTITUDE: N/A DURATION: 15 days GRADE: N/A Introduction Annapurna base camp trekking, also called the Annapurna sanctuary trekking is the one of the most classic and most demanded trekking trails in [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal Everest Trek, Everest Base...Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal Everest Trek, Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek ……ONE OF THR MOST POPULAR TEK IN THE WORLD….. Everest base camp trek takes you into the heart of the Nepalese Himalaya, with awe-inspiring views of many [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Travel in NepalNepal travel activities Nepal travel activities have many different adventure activities from couple of days to until a month. Here are very important to choose your trip before then your Nepal arrival. Nepal is small country in the world. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Annapurna Culture Trek, Hiking in NepalAnnapurna Culture Trek covers Ghandruk Loop hike for 3 days which is suitable for children or weary trekkers, as it doesn’t require any particular fitness and long walking days and there is always plenty things to see. The trek envolves [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
Florescharm Tours and Travel_ Local travel agent based in labuan bajo flores island
General: Labuan bajo
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
Here at Mazo Konkan! we’re very excited to announce the launch of our newly designed Sub-Division / Website which goes live today and is located...
General: Ganpatipule - Mazo Konkan's sub-division launch!
Shimla, the picturesque city in Himanchal Pradesh is widely adored for snow covered mountains, mesmerising greenery, splendid lakes, and pleasant...
Sightseeing: Top Tourist Places to Visit in Shimla
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Chinatown is Chicago is extremely lively and busy. It is also huge and is located near South Side. Apart from a lot of restautants with the...
Outdoors Activities: Chicago's Chinatown