Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri
Travel tips > North America > United States > Kansas City > Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The 'Through African Eyes' collection of paintings, sketches, sculptures and other artifacts is an educational collection on how Europeans were seen through the eyes of the black people. The photography exhibitions is another unique display with pieces that make your head swirl and work. Highly recommending it.
4525 Oak St, Kansas City, MO 64111, USA
Wed-Sun: 10am-5pm (till 9pm on Thurs/Fri)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kansas City
- Negro Leagues Baseball MuseumNot the usual museum packed with artifacts that you have already seen in other places, but a unique one. Though its main feature is still history, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum presents a part of history that isn't known to every [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Airline History MuseumDedicated to commercial planes, 'conies', the Airline History Museum has quite many interesting facts to offer to plane-freaks, airline historians or just people with interests. The best part of the whole place is not the museum [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Harley Davidson Factory TourThere is nothing like seeing a real, original Harley Davidson being made from scratch in front of your eyes. The Harley Davidson Factory Tour gives just that, legend coming to life. These motorcycles are the best, the most beautiful and [...]D: 11.7mi00
- National World War I MuseumLocated at Liberty Memorial, the National World War I Museum is the only facility in the world that features exhibits and collection of artifacts featuring the first war that affected the entire globe. The exhibitions are all interactive [...]D: 4.3mi00
- The Golden OxWith a more than 60 years tradition, the Golden Ox is a highly praised and favorite restaurant for locals and visitors as well. No wonder, they serve the most excellent Kansas City steak. With a classical and both elegant decor, the place [...]D: 4mi00
Things about Kansas City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Here at Mazo Konkan! we’re very excited to announce the launch of our newly designed Sub-Division / Website which goes live today and is located...
General: Ganpatipule - Mazo Konkan's sub-division launch!
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
After 16 years of successfully leading tours in the Himalayas, Holy Himalaya has begun a new venture in tourism. We now have our own hotel! It...
Food: Hotel in Nepal ,hotel holyhimalaya,Hotel Nepal
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.