Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri
Travel tips > North America > United States > Kansas City > Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The 'Through African Eyes' collection of paintings, sketches, sculptures and other artifacts is an educational collection on how Europeans were seen through the eyes of the black people. The photography exhibitions is another unique display with pieces that make your head swirl and work. Highly recommending it.
4525 Oak St, Kansas City, MO 64111, USA
Wed-Sun: 10am-5pm (till 9pm on Thurs/Fri)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kansas City
- Toy and Miniature MuseumThough mainly designed for kids, the Toy and Miniature Museum can surely be entertaining to any adults who still feels like a kid sometimes. It sure can be fun walking through the 38 rooms and seeing all those toys, miniatures and dolls. [...]D: 7.8mi00
- Airline History MuseumDedicated to commercial planes, 'conies', the Airline History Museum has quite many interesting facts to offer to plane-freaks, airline historians or just people with interests. The best part of the whole place is not the museum [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Boulevard Brewing CompanyA beer making/tasting company that organizes daily tours to visitors, the Boulevard Brewing Company is a recommended destination to everyone, especially those who love beer. The tour is free, so this is the major bonus that attracts anyone [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Steamboat Arabia MuseumA ship back from the 1850s that has been excavated with an intact cargo provided sufficient material for the pioneers who found it. Then through the year its story was so interesting it had to be told, so it was turned into a museum: the [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Stroud's Restaurant & BarServing really tasty, homey dishes, the Stroud's Restaurant & Bar can highly be seen as the best American locale in town. Their chicken specialties might take a little longer than usual, but the wait is worth it, because they are [...]D: 4.5mi00
Things about Kansas City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
One interesting aspect about crossing the street: when the cars have a red light, but also the pedestrians have the same red light on the traffic...
General: A bit different ruling about crossing the street
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
If you are at Galway, should should take a boat to the Aron Islands. There are 3 islands and at least the main islands offers you a great landscape...
Outdoors Activities: Aron Islands
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary is on the way from Mysore to Sultan Bathery. It is spread over 344 square kms. and is about 16 km east of Sultan...
Outdoors Activities: Muthanga wild life sanctuary
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin is a coastline city, therefore the sea is only a stone-throw away so you can lay on the sun all day, go swimming and tan every day. ...
Beaches : The Beach Resort
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz