Istanbul Archeology Museum, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > Istanbul Archeology Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were overwhelmed by the number of exhibits that could be seen and get to know about. It was an amazing educational experience. You definitely have to dedicate at least 4 hours to the museum in order to gather up something about this country's history and culture. Worth the while!
Osman Hamdi Bey Yokusu
How to get there:
By tram, ferry or by bus.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Byzantine HippodromeOriginally the home of sports games in the Byzantine period, the Hippodrome has been later converted into a park. It is open to the public all day long and is quite close to other major attractions such as the Ayasofya, the Blue Mosque or [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Imbat RestaurantLocated on the rooftop of the Orient Express hotel, this Imbat Restaurant is delight. Not just because of its view of the city and the Bosporus, which is absolutely gorgeous, but their Turkish cuisine is just delicious. We had the lamb [...]D: 0.6mi01
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)One of the most beautiful architectural buildings, the Hagia Sophia, also known as Ayasofya, was originally built as a Christian (Byzantine) Church, but after the 16th century it has been converted into a mosque and nowadays serves as a [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Sultanahmet - The Blue MosqueIt's official name is Sultanahmet, after Ahmet I, who ordered it's construction. It is next to Hagia Sophia, but it's six minarets and cascading domes dominate the view of the city. There was some scandal, because only the Great Haram [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Istanbul airport taxiEasy and convenient Book for airport transfers Airport transfers from any istanbul airport to any turkey location www.istanbultransfer.net all driven by our experienced chauffeurs and sabiha and ataurk private airport taxi service. [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
The first stop to almost every visitor that goes to the metropolis is the central district of Tokyo. Though the are has been destroyed many times...
Sightseeing: Central Tokyo
CLIMATE Morocco has several climatic zones, yet it is sunny for most of the year. Generally, the north has a Mediterranean climate, whereas it is...
History & Culture: Travel Tips For Morocco
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
In all Taipei, I have to say, the Flavors Swedish Restaurant is THE best! They serve excellent Western food in a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. ...
Food: Flavors Swedish Restaurant
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant