Istanbul Archeology Museum, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > Istanbul Archeology Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were overwhelmed by the number of exhibits that could be seen and get to know about. It was an amazing educational experience. You definitely have to dedicate at least 4 hours to the museum in order to gather up something about this country's history and culture. Worth the while!
Osman Hamdi Bey Yokusu
How to get there:
By tram, ferry or by bus.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Pasazade RestaurantFeaturing Ottoman cuisine with rich flavors the Pasazade Restaurant or terrace for that matter is a delight in its own. They absolutely delicious dishes with spicy ingredients and it just waters your mouth the minute you just look at your [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Aloran RestaurantWe just loved the food and the service at the Aloran Restaurant. Though a bit pricey, and we had quite a trouble finding the place for starters, but aside from that, the food, the atmosphere was worth it. At least for us. When we went [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Egyptian BazaarFull of color and smell, the Egyptian Bazaar is like spice gem in a small street. There so many spices, nuts, seeds, dried fruits to choose from, you can get lost in them. Though we saw very few locals, the place was flooded with visitors [...]D: n/a00
- Turkish FlavorsTaking a class with Turkish Flavors in a Turkish environment and local and foreign people is an experience we shall never forget. Our 'teacher' was knowledgeable, helpful and very innovative. We had so much fun during her classes. [...]D: 1.9mi10
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)One of the most beautiful architectural buildings, the Hagia Sophia, also known as Ayasofya, was originally built as a Christian (Byzantine) Church, but after the 16th century it has been converted into a mosque and nowadays serves as a [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Es gibt das ganze Jahr ueber einen grossen Zirkus und einen Rummel.
Family & Fun: Zirkus und Rummel
This was the most exciting cruise I've ever took with my family. My children just loved the role-playing game arranged by Urban Pirates on...
Family & Fun: Urban Pirates
Belen, New Mexico
The Doodlebug was a self powered single-car train that carried mail, small freight and commuters between Belen and Albuquerque, New Mexico, in the...
Sightseeing: Doodlebug Train
San Francisco, California
Located in the heart of the latino district of San Francisco is a little gem of a street where the houses are painted with latin-american centric...
History & Culture: Balmy Street Murals
Julia's Indonesian Kitchen is a great great place with the coziest atmosphere in Seattle. It is run by a family and their specialty is traditional...
Food: Julia's Indonesian Kitchen