Istanbul Archeology Museum, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > Istanbul Archeology Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were overwhelmed by the number of exhibits that could be seen and get to know about. It was an amazing educational experience. You definitely have to dedicate at least 4 hours to the museum in order to gather up something about this country's history and culture. Worth the while!
Osman Hamdi Bey Yokusu
How to get there:
By tram, ferry or by bus.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Topkapi PalaceUsed as the main residence for the Sultan Mehmet II, the Topkapi Palace now is such a major tourist attraction that it is almost very crowded. There are very many people, you have to queue to buy your ticket and sometimes you don't get [...]D: 0.8mi50
- The Blue MosqueNamed after Sultan Ahmed, who made it to be built between 1607 and 1617, the Blue Mosque is a symbol of grandeur, harmony and beauty. It is a sight that would make you miss out on a lot, if not visited. Try to go and see the building in the [...]D: 0.9mi10
- Istanbul airport taxiEasy and convenient Book for airport transfers Airport transfers from any istanbul airport to any turkey location www.istanbultransfer.net all driven by our experienced chauffeurs and sabiha and ataurk private airport taxi service. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Daily Istanbul ToursOne of the highlight of our stay in Istanbul was the trip we made with the Daily Istanbul Tours. We booked for a day trip, Istanbul Two Continents Tour, which was only 65 EUR each but what we received for it was well worth the money. We [...]D: 1mi20
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)One of the most beautiful architectural buildings, the Hagia Sophia, also known as Ayasofya, was originally built as a Christian (Byzantine) Church, but after the 16th century it has been converted into a mosque and nowadays serves as a [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When visiting Brussels,the best way to go around all the sites is to buy a one day ticket that costs 4.5 euros and it's valid for all trams, buses...
General: One day ticket in Brussels
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
Mexico City, Mexico
There are so many mementos of the Aztec culture in Mexico City but perhaps one of the greatest of them is Templo Mayor and the Museo del Templo...
History & Culture: Templo Mayor and Museo del Templo Mayor
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Located in downtown Dallas in the renowned Hotel Adolphus, The French Room is a 5-star restaurant and one of the most prestigious and exquisite in...
Food: The French Room
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.