How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?, Hoa Binh, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hoa Binh > How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?
- General travel tip
- City center
With purely fresh air, picturesque scenery with towering peaks, lush rice fields, emerald forest...and endearing culture, Mai Chau Valley makes a fantastic destination to escape the city bustle, and to live a relaxed and happy life closer to the nature.
If you're looking for a great place for your upcoming tours in the North of Viet Nam, Mai Chau Valley's your best choice. As a result, the valley was proudly listed in the TOP must-visit destinations in Asian by Agoda.com
How to stay here?
During your tour here, tourists can choose between “homestay” with “hotels”. Homestay means you can live, eat and do everything as if you were a local people at their own house. Although it's cheap, homestay is an uncomfortable way for you to experience Mai Chau Valley (My opinion).
After the 1st day, i and my wife decided to book a room in Poom Coong village. Mai Chau Sunset Boutique Hotel is our final choice and thanks God we were here. The hotel's amazing and we love its traditional unique architecture and space. The service is also useful and we save our time to have great experiences in Mai Chau Valley.
What should you do here?
Some of interesting activities that you can do and enjoy in Mai Chau Valley are:
- Local market: Buy products made by ethnic people here such as “tho cam” (traditional costumes), agricultural products and etc...
- Bike/Motorbike tour to discover the whole valley: Rent a bike or motorbike to go around the small village and town.
- Trekking tour in Puluong Nature Reserve
- Traditional activities with local ethnic people here by night such as “nhay sap” (bamboo dance), “ruou can” (drink wine), sing and play traditional games.
I love Mai Chau Valley and I will never forget the rolling landscape and the friendly, charming nature of the people here. I will be back if I have a chance.
Pom Coong village, Mai Chau, Hoa Binh
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Vietnam
- Vietnam Tours & Vietnam Tour Packages |...Vietnam tour packages customized to fit your exact wishes Vietnam is a very popular destination in Indochina peninsula, all our Vietnam tours are designed to meet your requirements and interest in mind, following are only a sampling of [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Organizing a Laos vacation from HanoiLaos is a destination that should not be missed when someone planning an Indochina holiday, this lush, green and wonderfully preserved destination is home to some of the most beautiful towns in Asia, one could enjoy a week or longer stay in [...]D: n/a00
- The Northern of Vietnam(1945–1976)The Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV) (Vietnamese: Việt Nam Dân chủ Cộng hòa), was a communist state that ruled the northern half of Vietnam from 1954 until 1976 following the Geneva Conference and laid claim to all of Vietnam [...]D: n/a00
- Ben Thanh MarketBen Thanh Market is located just opposite of the round-about of the bus interchange. This market sells almost anything and everything and the best part of it is it is really cheap to get those items. Items such as shirts, shoes, pants, [...]D: 2mi00
- Vietnam Highlight ToursWe at World Mate Travel and Trading ( International Tour Operator Licence: No 01-282 /2010/TCDL-GP LHQT)have spent many years establishing our travel business in Indochina and have built a good and reliable team who are suitably qualified, [...]D: n/a00
Things about Hoa Binh you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
When I've arrived in Torino I've visited 'il Palazzo Reale' .
General: Palazzo Reale, Turin
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Es gibt das ganze Jahr ueber einen grossen Zirkus und einen Rummel.
Family & Fun: Zirkus und Rummel
To feel the entertaining Austin at its best, you have to visit Sixth Street, because that's where the fun begins at night. Full of shops, bars...
Night Life & Entertainment: Sixth Street
Though not one of the most major attractions of the city, the Big Shoe Repair is definitely a sight you shouldn't miss while traveling through...
Sightseeing: Big Shoe Repair
People may not much about these fruits, especially the ones that grow in these parts of the country. The California Citrus Park's main goal...
Sightseeing: California Citrus Park
Viet Tri, Vietnam
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam You arrive Tan Son Nhat (Saigon) International Airport. Transfer from Airport to Ho Chi Minh City at any...
Sightseeing: Luxury Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi Tour 10 Days/9 Nights