The Church in the Rock, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > The Church in the Rock
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
From the outside, Temppeliaukion looks anything but a church, and it rather resembles a UFO prop out of 60's sci-fi movies. The inside of the church is also very non-traditional, especially since the wall behind the altar is actually a slab of volcanic rock. Naturally, this church is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Helsinki, and if you have a time, go to a concert - the church has amazing acoustics!
00100 Helsinki, Finland
Mon-Tue and Thu-Fri 10am-8pm; Wed 10am-6:30pm
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Hietaniemi BeachHelsinki is seldom associated with beaches, but in summer the temperature is high enough to allow people to tan for a bit and splash about in the water. Hietaniemi Beach is very popular with the locals in the summer months and while it [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Arlan saunaVisiting Helsinki without going to a public sauna is almost unthinkable. The only place where you can enjoy the genuine sauna experience is at one of the old public saunas, and in addition to the cultural experience, it is a great way to [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Some practical infoDuring the Summer you will find mobile tourist info all over the city. Young people will walk around in green T-shirts with a tourist info icon on them. They speak more languages and have a lot of flayers and brochures for you. They can [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
There is no shortage of temples in Shanghai, and many of them are simply amazing. However, none of them can compare to the Jade Buddha Temple,...
History & Culture: Jade Buddha Temple
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
London, United Kingdom
The first thing to do when you come to London is: Find a booth selling Magazines and get yourself a copy of : Time Out, a magazine which tells you...
General: Find a Time Out magazine
I recommend this restaurant for very tasty fish menus. The prices are very good and the food is even better. I was amazed by the long menu with all...
Food: Fish restaurant in Miskolctapolca
The Sumida River is the main, and the largest river that flows through the capital city. It is crossed by 26 bridges throughout and flows through 7...
Sightseeing: Sumida River
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Jalan Kayu, Singapore
Thasevi Prata Restaurant as the name suggest is very much famous for its pratas.(round circular flour made bread resembling a pancake cooked over a...
Food: Thasevi Prata Restaurant
Full of flowers on both sides of the paved way to the bookstores, the Book Loft is found in the German Village area of Columbus. There is a wide...
Shopping: Book Loft
It was a huge partyyy. Over 23 blocks of people, music, food and entertainment greeted us at the festival of Calle Ocho last summer. There were...
Family & Fun: Miami’s Calle Ocho Festival