The Church in the Rock, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > The Church in the Rock
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
From the outside, Temppeliaukion looks anything but a church, and it rather resembles a UFO prop out of 60's sci-fi movies. The inside of the church is also very non-traditional, especially since the wall behind the altar is actually a slab of volcanic rock. Naturally, this church is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Helsinki, and if you have a time, go to a concert - the church has amazing acoustics!
00100 Helsinki, Finland
Mon-Tue and Thu-Fri 10am-8pm; Wed 10am-6:30pm
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
- Hietaniemi BeachHelsinki is seldom associated with beaches, but in summer the temperature is high enough to allow people to tan for a bit and splash about in the water. Hietaniemi Beach is very popular with the locals in the summer months and while it [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Sibelius MonumentSibelius is probably the most famous Finnish composer of classical music, and even if you don't particularly like his works, the monument dedicated to him is worth visiting. It is one of the most famous monuments in the city, and it has [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Manala RestaurantManala means hell, and unsurprisingly enough, the serve "food to die for", as they say. The menu of Manala is great, and people who have special dietary requirements can order according to their needs. All of the dishes are made [...]D: n/a00
- Kappeli RestaurantTraditional Finnish foods are one of the things you must try when visiting Helsinki, especially since reindeer dishes are hard to find in other countries. For some tasty traditional dishes, check out Kappeli, a cozy restaurant with [...]D: 3.9mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
If you have half an hour or so of free time and you don't know what to do with yourself, I suggest you visit Paço Imperial, the former seat of...
History & Culture: Paço Imperial, Rio's Imperial Palace
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
If you are at Weingarten you really should visit it´s baroque church, one of the biggest in germany.
History & Culture: The Basilika
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Hotels in Manali - Hotel Him View, a name that is famous as a Hotel By River Side in manali near club house, hotels in manali, manali hotels,...
Outdoors Activities: Budget hotels in manali
Spaccanapoli is the road that divides Naples. If you want to experience the real Neapolitan flair, you simply cannot miss the Spaccanapoli, which...
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Some of the oldest buildings in Saint Petersburg can be found at this monastery, as well as a cemetery where many of the local celebrities were...
History & Culture: Alexander Newskij Monastery
Santa Ana, California
Great for kids and adults, even toddlers, the Santa Ana Zoo, though small, is an enjoyable getaway both for locals and visitors to the city. The...
Family & Fun: Santa Ana Zoo