Some practical info, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Some practical info
- General travel tip
- City center
People is general are very kind. Most of them also speaks very well English and they would help you gladly. If you get into a bar you will surely find some people to talk with, they are friendly and will surely get you a drink or two as well.
You can freely visit the Lutheranian Cathedral and the Temppeliaukion Church, they are both huge and the most beautiful churches in the city.
There are concerts and numerous other events in the two main parks of Helsinki, Alppi Park and Esplanadi Park. Perfect for sunny afternoons.
There are great things and kind people all over the city.
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Serena Water Amusement ParkWater parks are not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Finland, but the cold climate has never been able to stop the Finnish from having fun. Serena Water Amusement Park is the largest water park in the Scandinavian [...]D: 11.4mi00
- Heureka Science CentreIf you have kids who are interested in science, or if you are a science geek yourself, you will definitely love the Heureka Science Museum. Unlike many regular science museum, this one has not only displays and explanations about various [...]D: 4mi00
- Sibelius MonumentSibelius is probably the most famous Finnish composer of classical music, and even if you don't particularly like his works, the monument dedicated to him is worth visiting. It is one of the most famous monuments in the city, and it has [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Kappeli RestaurantTraditional Finnish foods are one of the things you must try when visiting Helsinki, especially since reindeer dishes are hard to find in other countries. For some tasty traditional dishes, check out Kappeli, a cozy restaurant with [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
If you are looking for a not so crowded place in Munich, this is your best bet. The Schlosspark Nymphenburg offers some beautifully relaxing and...
Outdoors Activities: Visit the Schlosspark Nymphenburg
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
The only good thing about this restaurant is that pets are allowed. The rest is, well... terrible. Food is, although cheap, but little and that...
11 giorni - 4 giorni di trekking a piedi 03/10/2012 - 13/10/2012 Questa escursione ci tuffa in una delle più belle valli del Marocco: uno...
General: Trekking Berbero nella Valle delle Rose e Dades
Seoul, South Korea
Housed in three buildings, the Leeum Samsung Museum of Art is not just an architectural jewel but a unique gem of culture and art in the busy city...
History & Culture: Leeum Samsung Museum of Art
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
Located in Victoria park in a beautiful surrounding, The Haggin Museum features mostly artworks like paintings, photographies and children's...
History & Culture: The Haggin Museum