Some practical info, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Some practical info
- General travel tip
- City center
People is general are very kind. Most of them also speaks very well English and they would help you gladly. If you get into a bar you will surely find some people to talk with, they are friendly and will surely get you a drink or two as well.
You can freely visit the Lutheranian Cathedral and the Temppeliaukion Church, they are both huge and the most beautiful churches in the city.
There are concerts and numerous other events in the two main parks of Helsinki, Alppi Park and Esplanadi Park. Perfect for sunny afternoons.
There are great things and kind people all over the city.
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Arctic IcebarIf you want a place to chill out (literally), a freezing evening at the Arctic Icebar will prove to be an interesting experience. While temperature in bars is usually high enough to allow people to wear more or less revealing clothes, at [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Serena Water Amusement ParkWater parks are not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Finland, but the cold climate has never been able to stop the Finnish from having fun. Serena Water Amusement Park is the largest water park in the Scandinavian [...]D: 11.4mi00
- Uspenski CathedralIn Finland, the Orthodox church doesn't have many followers, but despite that, there are some pretty amazing Orthodox churches in the city. The best example is Uspenski Cathedral, a majestic building with a Russian-style dome. In Fact, [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Korjaamo Cultural FactoryKorjaamo defines itself as Helsinki's "living rooms", which sounds a but abstract, as expected from a huge building that basically serves as a meeting point for all the imaginable art types in the world. Karjaamo [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Ateneum Art MuseumAmong all the museums of Finland (and there is a significant number of them), this one is the biggest and the most interesting. If you are an art-lover, the Ateneum Art Museum should be one of the first things you visit in the city. The [...]D: 3.6mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
Welcome to India. Our tour manager will receive you at Airport and will escort you to your hotel in an AC car. Delhi, the capital city of India,...
History & Culture: Go on exploratory tour of New Delhi – See monuments like Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Red Fort etc.
If you'd like to go to ski but you don't have equipment for it, don't worry! On the way to the ski trails many little 'shops' are opened from where...
Outdoors Activities: Renting skis in Arieseni
If you are in Brasov between 2nd and 7th September 2009, you really have to check out the “GOLDEN STAG” International Music Festival, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: "Golden Stag" International Music Festival in Brasov
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
This unusual looking house is the joint creation of architects William Gray Purcell and George Grant Elmslie. The house is built in the distinctive...
Sightseeing: The Purcell-Cutts House