Some practical info, Helsinki, Finland
Travel tips > Europe > Finland > Helsinki > Some practical info
- General travel tip
- City center
People is general are very kind. Most of them also speaks very well English and they would help you gladly. If you get into a bar you will surely find some people to talk with, they are friendly and will surely get you a drink or two as well.
You can freely visit the Lutheranian Cathedral and the Temppeliaukion Church, they are both huge and the most beautiful churches in the city.
There are concerts and numerous other events in the two main parks of Helsinki, Alppi Park and Esplanadi Park. Perfect for sunny afternoons.
There are great things and kind people all over the city.
Recent travel tips for Helsinki
- Kahvila SuomiHelsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there is the occasional Finnish eatery that serves decent food at decent prices, where you can fill [...]D: 4.2mi00
- The Church in the RockThe Finnish have a knack for coming up with original ideas, even when it comes to something as traditional as churches. The Church in the Rock (Temppeliaukion kirkko in Finnish) is a simple but atmospheric church literally carved out [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Hietaniemi BeachHelsinki is seldom associated with beaches, but in summer the temperature is high enough to allow people to tan for a bit and splash about in the water. Hietaniemi Beach is very popular with the locals in the summer months and while it [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Ateneum Art MuseumAmong all the museums of Finland (and there is a significant number of them), this one is the biggest and the most interesting. If you are an art-lover, the Ateneum Art Museum should be one of the first things you visit in the city. The [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Kappeli RestaurantTraditional Finnish foods are one of the things you must try when visiting Helsinki, especially since reindeer dishes are hard to find in other countries. For some tasty traditional dishes, check out Kappeli, a cozy restaurant with [...]D: 3.9mi00
Things about Helsinki you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santa Cruz travel tips - Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
Athens travel tips - Greece
Dont let yourself be torned in a restaurant by these guys, standing in front of restaurants. If you start to talk to them, you wont be able to get...
General: Dont talk to guys standing in front of restaurants
Volos travel tips - Greece
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
Hajduszoboszlo travel tips - Hungary
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
Florence travel tips - Italy
Have fun cruising effortlessly through the timeless streets of Florence on the coolest rides of the 21st century. The Segway Tour experience is the...
Sightseeing: Florence Segway Tour
Rome travel tips - Italy
Obviously, Pizza and Pasta are among the most wanted foods in Rome. I suggest Fiori di Zucca (Zucchini Flowers, which is a really cool dish....
Food: Pizza and Pasta and Fiori di Zucca
Sen travel tips - Senegal
I am a good man with fear of God in life .
History & Culture: Be good to others
Mogadishu travel tips - Somalia
Full of povety not safe choose another destination
General: Do not go
Louisville travel tips - Kentucky
A great child-friendly facility that is open to the public for lessons and guided tours alike. The Louisville Equestrian Center is the home oasis...
Family & Fun: Louisville Equestrian Center
Mesa travel tips - Arizona
Though mainly for golf-lovers this Las Sendas Golf Club can be a great place to visit even for the view. The course is so well layed out and so...
Sports & Wellness : Las Sendas Golf Club