Callejon de Hamel in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Callejon de Hamel in Havana
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The small street is decorated with colorful paintings of Afro-Cuban deities and every Sunday dance and other shows are held on the street, representing rituals in which the Santeria Gods, the Orishas were summoned. It is a cultural jewel, though slowly becoming a tourist hub! Still it's really worth a visit, very beautiful.
Callejon de Hamel, Havana, Cuba
Shows on Sundays between 11 am – 15 pm
Recent travel tips for Havana
- The MaleconThe Malecon is seven kilometers long wall along the seacoast of Havana. It is often called by the locals th soul of the city. This because it is very vivid. It is always full of all kinds of people. If you have seen films taking place in [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The Lenin Park in HavanaThough not a typical tourist attraction, visiting Lenin Park can really give you something plus in your trip to the city. It is quite a large park, with shops and bars, an amusement park, bicycle rides and a swimming pool. You can also ride [...]D: n/a00
- Catedral de San Cristobal in HavanaThe Cathedral of Havana's saint, San Cristobal is one of the most visited sights of Habana Vieja. It is located in the Cathedral Square and was built by Jesuits during the 18th century. It is a magnificent building, designed in baroque [...]D: 1mi00
- El Aljibe Restaurant in HavanaEl Aljibe is the most popular restaurant in Havana, being famous for its roasted chicken which comes with large dishes of rice, black beans, potatoes and assorted salad. This huge meal has a really good price and even if it would be [...]D: 5mi00
- El Capitolio in HavanaOne of the grandest buildings in Havana, the Capitolio looks like a twin-building of the Capitol in Washington, DC, though it is a bit taller and longer than the latter. It's architecture is beautiful and stunning and being such a grand [...]D: 0.7mi01
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
All I can tell about Sweetgrass Aboriginal Bistro is that its wonderful. The meal is unique and delicious and the service is friendly - though a...
Food: Sweetgrass Aboriginal Bistro
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
Oxford, United Kingdom
Go and see this very nice pub, the Eagle & Child in Oxford. If you like fantasy novels, you should visit it, because JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis used...
Food: Eagle & Child pub in Oxford
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
Though a little bit expensive, the Van Gogh Museum is an artistic jewel among all the naturalistic or historic museums that can be found in...
History & Culture: Van Gogh Museum
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
For a splendid panoramic view on Brasov, you can go up to the Tampa Hill which is 400 m above the city. TO get there you can walk (but there are...
Sightseeing: Tampa Hill
Phang Nga Bay is located within an hour drive from the Phuket, here is what tourist could experience another side of the Thailand, away from the...
General: Top things to do in Phuket Thailand
The Basilica of Saint Mary is an imposing church in downtown Minneapolis, and the oldest Catholic parish in the city. It was built about a hundred...
History & Culture: Basilica of Saint Mary