Callejon de Hamel in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Callejon de Hamel in Havana
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The small street is decorated with colorful paintings of Afro-Cuban deities and every Sunday dance and other shows are held on the street, representing rituals in which the Santeria Gods, the Orishas were summoned. It is a cultural jewel, though slowly becoming a tourist hub! Still it's really worth a visit, very beautiful.
Callejon de Hamel, Havana, Cuba
Shows on Sundays between 11 am – 15 pm
Recent travel tips for Havana
- The MaleconThe Malecon is seven kilometers long wall along the seacoast of Havana. It is often called by the locals th soul of the city. This because it is very vivid. It is always full of all kinds of people. If you have seen films taking place in [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Museo de la Revolucion in HavanaTo learn more of a country's history it is best to visit it's museums, because this way you can get more in touch with the facts, objects and people of a certain country. In the Museo de la Revolucion we had this experience. It is well [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Fabrica de Tabaco PartagasFounded by a Spanish man, Jaime Partagas, in 1845, this cigar factory is one the largest and most famous in Cuba. Visiting the factory is a must not just for those who are smoke-addicts, but to those who are keen on knowing something about [...]D: 0.5mi00
- La Guarida Restaurant in HavanaWe saw the La Guarida restaurant featuring in the Oscar nominated movie “Strawberry and Chocolate” and when we visited Havana, we had to go there and see it for ourselves. The restaurant is located on the third of a building which [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Hotel Ambos Mundos in HavanaThe hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote there one of the chapters of his novel “For Whom the Bell Tolls”. It was one of the [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
If you want to leave your car somewhere which is not a real parking lot be careful not to park on the grass! Some months ago we were at the Zoo and...
General: Be careful when parking in Debrecen
On planning to visit Leh Ladakh via bike ride from Manali, then the best time would be June to September. You may need to travel at least 2 days by...
General: A complete guide to bike trip in ladakh
Hanoi, Papua New Guinea
Vietnam shares its borders with Laos, Cambodia and China. It presents wonderful opportunities to discover it’s natural and wonder tourist...
General: How to choose a Vietnam luxury tour?
It is always interesting to visit a specialty museum, to learn and explore about something that is unusual or quite normal but we don't know so...
History & Culture: American Sign Museum
El Paso, Texas
Found in the Franklin Mountains State Park, the Wyler Aerial Tramway features tramway gondolas that take you up to Franklin mountain where you can...
Family & Fun: Wyler Aerial Tramway
Saint Louis, Missouri
Also known as the portal or getaway to the west, the Getaway Arch is an impressive sight, facing the St. Louis Riverfront. What is really worth it...
Sightseeing: Gateway Arch
San Diego, California
Throughout the year, visitors to San Diego can expect a mild and sunny climate. It's especially recommended to visit San Diego in the summer when...
General: When to visit
I am a nice and good looking girl tall and slim that searching for a man
General: I am a good looking girl