Callejon de Hamel in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Callejon de Hamel in Havana
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The small street is decorated with colorful paintings of Afro-Cuban deities and every Sunday dance and other shows are held on the street, representing rituals in which the Santeria Gods, the Orishas were summoned. It is a cultural jewel, though slowly becoming a tourist hub! Still it's really worth a visit, very beautiful.
Callejon de Hamel, Havana, Cuba
Shows on Sundays between 11 am – 15 pm
Recent travel tips for Havana
- Hotel Ambos Mundos in HavanaThe hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote there one of the chapters of his novel “For Whom the Bell Tolls”. It was one of the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Catedral de San Cristobal in HavanaThe Cathedral of Havana's saint, San Cristobal is one of the most visited sights of Habana Vieja. It is located in the Cathedral Square and was built by Jesuits during the 18th century. It is a magnificent building, designed in baroque [...]D: 1mi00
- El Capitolio in HavanaOne of the grandest buildings in Havana, the Capitolio looks like a twin-building of the Capitol in Washington, DC, though it is a bit taller and longer than the latter. It's architecture is beautiful and stunning and being such a grand [...]D: 0.7mi01
- La Guarida Restaurant in HavanaWe saw the La Guarida restaurant featuring in the Oscar nominated movie “Strawberry and Chocolate” and when we visited Havana, we had to go there and see it for ourselves. The restaurant is located on the third of a building which [...]D: 0.6mi00
- The MaleconThe Malecon is seven kilometers long wall along the seacoast of Havana. It is often called by the locals th soul of the city. This because it is very vivid. It is always full of all kinds of people. If you have seen films taking place in [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
Just on the Vabaun Street, there is a big park, called ... the Vabaun. The gardens spread over three hectares and what surprised me is that it...
Outdoors Activities: Vabaun Park
If your with car, you have to pay for parking, as usually, but you can park in some nearby streets without parking fees.
General: Parking fee
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
This restaurant represents one of the oldest and famous places in the historical center of Bucharest.
Food: Caru cu Bere
Singapore City, Singapore
This place is the place to go for those who would like to go for a treasure hunt, for all types of items, as the saying “one’s man...
Shopping: Thieves Flea Market @ Sungei Road, Singapore
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
With so many areas to explore, the Minnesota Children's Museum is quite suitable for all ages. Though there are exhibits which toddlers might...
Family & Fun: Minnesota Children's Museum