Callejon de Hamel in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Callejon de Hamel in Havana
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The small street is decorated with colorful paintings of Afro-Cuban deities and every Sunday dance and other shows are held on the street, representing rituals in which the Santeria Gods, the Orishas were summoned. It is a cultural jewel, though slowly becoming a tourist hub! Still it's really worth a visit, very beautiful.
Callejon de Hamel, Havana, Cuba
Shows on Sundays between 11 am – 15 pm
Recent travel tips for Havana
- Plaza de la Revolucion in HavanaOne of the world's largest squares, the Plaza de la Revolucion is not so grand at first sight, being an enormous concrete place with no shade at all. On second glance we notice the notable buildings surrounding the square, such as the Jose [...]D: 1.9mi00
- El Capitolio in HavanaOne of the grandest buildings in Havana, the Capitolio looks like a twin-building of the Capitol in Washington, DC, though it is a bit taller and longer than the latter. It's architecture is beautiful and stunning and being such a grand [...]D: 0.7mi01
- Fabrica de Tabaco PartagasFounded by a Spanish man, Jaime Partagas, in 1845, this cigar factory is one the largest and most famous in Cuba. Visiting the factory is a must not just for those who are smoke-addicts, but to those who are keen on knowing something about [...]D: 0.5mi00
- El Malecon Beach in HavanaVisiting Havana is not worth without strolling along the 7km long beach that so much part of Havana. Here you can experience the everyday life of common people, watch families with their children, playing in the sands, or lovers strolling [...]D: n/a00
- The MaleconThe Malecon is seven kilometers long wall along the seacoast of Havana. It is often called by the locals th soul of the city. This because it is very vivid. It is always full of all kinds of people. If you have seen films taking place in [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
When you visit Szentendre I recommend you to get there by ship. You can take a ship from Budapest to Szentendre and back only for a few euros -...
General: Visiting Szentendre on the Danube river
Bangladesh cheap package tour -2010-2011 Bangladesh Expeditions (Specialist in River Cruises & Eco-Adventure) There isn't a better or more...
Sightseeing: Tour operator of bangladesh
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Bedok jetty is known to be the longest fishing jetty in Singapore. many fishing enthusisast and fishing hobbist can here to try the luck on...
Outdoors Activities: Bedok fishing jetty
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource