Callejon de Hamel in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Callejon de Hamel in Havana
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The small street is decorated with colorful paintings of Afro-Cuban deities and every Sunday dance and other shows are held on the street, representing rituals in which the Santeria Gods, the Orishas were summoned. It is a cultural jewel, though slowly becoming a tourist hub! Still it's really worth a visit, very beautiful.
Callejon de Hamel, Havana, Cuba
Shows on Sundays between 11 am – 15 pm
Recent travel tips for Havana
- Hotel Ambos Mundos in HavanaThe hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote there one of the chapters of his novel “For Whom the Bell Tolls”. It was one of the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The Old Havana (Habana Vieja)As a legendary city, founded in 1519, the Old Havana is a glorious place to see if you travel to Cuba. The city's architecture is full of various styles of colonial, art-deco and eclectic and thus provides an amazing insight into it's [...]D: n/a00
- Museo de la Revolucion in HavanaTo learn more of a country's history it is best to visit it's museums, because this way you can get more in touch with the facts, objects and people of a certain country. In the Museo de la Revolucion we had this experience. It is well [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Plaza de la Revolucion in HavanaOne of the world's largest squares, the Plaza de la Revolucion is not so grand at first sight, being an enormous concrete place with no shade at all. On second glance we notice the notable buildings surrounding the square, such as the Jose [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Los Nardos Restaurant in HavanaWe had the most big and tasty meal of all our stay in the Los Nardos restaurant, situated opposite the Capitolio in Havana. The place is quite hidden (look for a neon sign and a doorman) but they serve the most delicious Spanish paella, [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
The Wailing Wall or Western Wall is a world famous site of Jerusalem. This is the last remaining wall of Herod's Temple destroyed by the Romans. ...
Sightseeing: The Wailing Wall
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodia is a tiny destination with a lot of historic and natural tourist sites and attractions which attracts travelers from all around the world....
General: Destination to include on your cambodia tour packages
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
There is a place in Bakersfield which is quite perfect for a special night out with your partner or your family and that is Buck Owens' Crystal...
History & Culture: Buck Owens' Crystal Palace
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail