Callejon de Hamel in Havana, Cuba
Travel tips > Caribbean > Cuba > Havana > Callejon de Hamel in Havana
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The small street is decorated with colorful paintings of Afro-Cuban deities and every Sunday dance and other shows are held on the street, representing rituals in which the Santeria Gods, the Orishas were summoned. It is a cultural jewel, though slowly becoming a tourist hub! Still it's really worth a visit, very beautiful.
Callejon de Hamel, Havana, Cuba
Shows on Sundays between 11 am – 15 pm
Recent travel tips for Havana
- Havana La Regla Ferry TripWe wanted to experience a quieter side of the hectic Havana city so we took a ferry to the La Regla district just across the bay. It was a good idea that we brought with ourselves some sandwiches and drinks because there aren't any shops or [...]D: n/a00
- La Guarida Restaurant in HavanaWe saw the La Guarida restaurant featuring in the Oscar nominated movie “Strawberry and Chocolate” and when we visited Havana, we had to go there and see it for ourselves. The restaurant is located on the third of a building which [...]D: 0.6mi00
- The Lenin Park in HavanaThough not a typical tourist attraction, visiting Lenin Park can really give you something plus in your trip to the city. It is quite a large park, with shops and bars, an amusement park, bicycle rides and a swimming pool. You can also ride [...]D: n/a00
- Hotel Ambos Mundos in HavanaThe hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote there one of the chapters of his novel “For Whom the Bell Tolls”. It was one of the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- El Aljibe Restaurant in HavanaEl Aljibe is the most popular restaurant in Havana, being famous for its roasted chicken which comes with large dishes of rice, black beans, potatoes and assorted salad. This huge meal has a really good price and even if it would be [...]D: 5mi00
Things about Havana you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This Restaurant Nilla is a very famous among the locals and even among tourists as this restaurant is known for its banana-lead food. Many regard...
Food: Restaurant Nilla
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
Newton food centre is very much known for its seafood. Singaporeans as well as tourist are always seen in this area dining on the seafood that is...
Food: Newton food centre
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt