Esztergom Basilica, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Esztergom > Esztergom Basilica
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It's dome is 70m high inside and 100m high from outside, it's huge! And another fact, which can be a bit embarrassing to try out: the echo inside the dome lasts 9 seconds :)
In addition it has a beautiful ornament inside and a great night view from outside. I can only recommend to visit it!
Recent travel tips for Hungary
- How to get from the airport Ferihegy to the cityArriving to the airport Ferihegy do not choose a taxi or bus service. There are regular bus routes of the local transportation company (BKV) to Kobanya-Kispest, what is the last station of the subway "blue" (no.2), going to city center. It [...]D: n/a00
- Visiting Szentendre on the Danube riverWhen you visit Szentendre I recommend you to get there by ship. You can take a ship from Budapest to Szentendre and back only for a few euros - the experience and the scenery will be great! [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Eating in SzentendreIf you are at the central square of the city you will see a place labeled 'Langos'. Langos is the name of a kind of pancake which can be served with sugar or something else, but it is always delicious. Bon appetit! [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Parking tipIf you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction. [...]D: n/a00
- Benedictan ArchabbeyThis was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are really kind and welcoming. The buildings are amazing, most of them built in early Roman style [...]D: 0.3mi00
Things about Esztergom you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
I cannot say too much about Katerini, but I can assure you that you will regret if you miss out its park in the middle of the town! It is a...
Outdoors Activities: Beautiful park in the center of Katerini
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
I think exploring Amsterdam by bike (or scooter) that you can rent from Amsterbike is a much more fun easy. Though going on foot has its charm,...
Public Transportation: Amsterbike
Don't forget to document each of your travel. Always bring your cameras or videocam for photos and video of your trip.
General: Los Angeles
A few miles from downtown Fresno you can find the famous Clovis Rodeo Park that holds the annual Clovis Rodeo event which has over 30.000 visitors...
Family & Fun: Clovis Rodeo
Open in the evenings, Somar Bar and Lounge is a great place to have fun or to relax after a more busy, tiring day. You can meet so many people in...
Night Life & Entertainment: Somar Bar and Lounge
Hoi An, Vietnam
If you are planning your Travel to Vietnam and especially in Hoi An, Da Nang and Hue in central region of country, try to make it consider with the...
General: Full Moon festival in Hoi An
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter