Cultural city tour in Detroit , Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Cultural city tour in Detroit
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It is wise to arrive early and dress properly because due to space limitation the tour works on a first come first served basis and they depart regardless of good or bad weather. If you go with a larger group (more than 10 pers.) you should make a reservation.
I took pictures of the Detroit Public Library, the Scarab Club, the Hecker Mansion amongst others and learning about the history of Ferry Street more in-depth was a boost to my active self to go out, explore, be part of something that will later become grand and will be remembered and visited by others just like I visited these places.
4735 Cass Ave, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
$10 per person
Every Saturday, 10 AM
May - September
(October by appointment only)
How to get there:
Meeting Location: Detroit Public Library, Main Branch (Main Entrance-Woodward Avenue)
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Greektown - A Bit of Europe in DetroitI was so amazed when I went to see the famous Greektown district in downtown Detroit last summer. I would have never thought a district such as this could survive for so long. It is said that there were Germans who first established the [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Motown Historical Museum in DetroitThe most amazing historical museum regarding music I’ve ever seen and experienced. The first thing our guide showed us was Berry Gordy’s house with its surrounding rooms which later was transformed into the Museum. We were explained how [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Comerica Park - Home of the Detroit TigersThis park is the home of the Detroit Tigers. It has a huge stadium where you can watch the match. The old seats were changed; the new ones are much more comfortable and your view is not obstructed anymore either. The baseball cuisine is [...]D: 1.1mi10
- A visit at Detroit Institute of ArtIt was a new experience to go to a museum and take part at activities and ‘concerts’. I went with a group of friends to visit the museum and we were lucky that it was Friday night because we were told there are interesting [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Detroit Princess RiverboatThe view of the city and the river from the deck of the Detroit Princess Riverboat is beautiful and breathtaking. During the 2.5 hour trip, you can relax, eat, listen to live music and enjoy the view. What’s best that you are not obliged [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Atomium is an impressive 102 meters structure that is a 'never miss' sighting in Brussels. To get there from the Gare du Midi train station just...
One of the best places to spend an afternoon in Toronto is St. Lawrence Market. It is a real market of course mainly with farmers selling their...
Shopping: St. Lawrence Market
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01...
History & Culture: 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $
Driving through that city can be interesting, especially if you go there with a van or another big car. Also some of the subterranean parking lots...
General: Traffic situation
The city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist...
Shopping: Shopping in city
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Memphis is all about blues and BBQs. The Rum Boogie Cafe has been open since 1985 and has seen such famous artists such as Elvis Presley, Joe Walsh...
Night Life & Entertainment: Rum Boogie Café