Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos, Cordoba, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Cordoba > Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Later it became the residence of the Spanish monarch. It was this palace where Ferdinand and Isalbella prepared to reconquer Granada, the last Moorish stronghold in Spain. They also met here Colombus before he left to America.
Another interesting fact, this place was the hedquarters of the Spanish Inquisition for almost 300 years. Nice, isn't it?
You can visit the beautiful gardens with the statues of all the kings ang queens linked to the palace.
There are also two arabic baths, thy are really nice, now mainly used for weddings. There are also three towers with great gothic decoration and also Roman style mosaics. The sarcophags are particularly interesting, theyare carved from one single piece of marble.
Don't miss the Alcazar if you are in Andalusia, it's fabulous!
Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, 14004 Cordova, Spain
Adults 4 Euros
Students 2 Euros
Closed on Monday
from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:30 to 18:30
09:30 to 14:30
Recent travel tips for Spain
- Free barcelona travel guideFor my holiday, i found a page where i can download totally free a guide about barcelona, it is written by a local guy living there, very helpful http://www.world-rt.com/travel/download-guide-book.php so just would like to share with other [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Ibiza HolidaysHead to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday! [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Chocolatería San GinésWhen people go to Spain they usually think about the Spanish food, and in Madrid the most typical thing to eat are Churros. The only problem is that I usually hear bad comments about them because most people dont really know where to go. [...]D: n/a01
- CatedralThe Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and was probably the largest scale projects of the time. The Cathedral is amazing, both from the [...]D: 5mi00
- The EscorialYou should take a look at the Escorial, the seat of the spanish kings, if you are close. [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Cordoba you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary is on the way from Mysore to Sultan Bathery. It is spread over 344 square kms. and is about 16 km east of Sultan...
Outdoors Activities: Muthanga wild life sanctuary
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Located in the South Side of Pittsburgh, in maybe not the finest part of town, the 17th Street Cafe is like a gem among stones. It has some really...
Food: 17th Street Cafe