Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos, Cordoba, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Cordoba > Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Later it became the residence of the Spanish monarch. It was this palace where Ferdinand and Isalbella prepared to reconquer Granada, the last Moorish stronghold in Spain. They also met here Colombus before he left to America.
Another interesting fact, this place was the hedquarters of the Spanish Inquisition for almost 300 years. Nice, isn't it?
You can visit the beautiful gardens with the statues of all the kings ang queens linked to the palace.
There are also two arabic baths, thy are really nice, now mainly used for weddings. There are also three towers with great gothic decoration and also Roman style mosaics. The sarcophags are particularly interesting, theyare carved from one single piece of marble.
Don't miss the Alcazar if you are in Andalusia, it's fabulous!
Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, 14004 Cordova, Spain
Adults 4 Euros
Students 2 Euros
Closed on Monday
from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:30 to 18:30
09:30 to 14:30
Recent travel tips for Spain
- The chocolate factory and other fascinating sightsA very walkable cosmopolitan city and extremely pleasant in February. Fantastic food, fun and great people, be sure to take a walking tour of the chocolate factory. [...]D: n/a00
- Nou CampThe home of FC Barcelona who play in La Liga (1st Division). Try to catch a football game here in this stadium of nearly 80,000, even if you're not a football fan. While visiting Barcelona, you owe it to yourself to experience their [...]D: 2.5mi00
- San Gines Chocolate FactoryNo visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros for over 100 years since 1894. The practically dont have anything but chocolate and [...]D: n/a00
- El Tintero IIThis is an awesome restaurant right by the beach. It's all about seafood and I would not exactly call it, great atmosphere or a place to go to with your loved one.This is a friends' hangout where you go with at least 5-6 people and [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Traffic situationDriving through that city can be interesting, especially if you go there with a van or another big car. Also some of the subterranean parking lots are very small, regarding the height. So be aware of that. The traffic in the inner city is [...]D: 1.8mi00
Things about Cordoba you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Dagupan City, Philippines
Tada Optical has a huge selection of signature frames and sunglasses! Competitive optical shop in a province!!!
Sports & Wellness : Optical service
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach