Discovery Place, Charlotte, North Carolina
Travel tips > North America > United States > Charlotte > Discovery Place
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
Kids and adults can have the time of their lives here in the museum and they can also watch beautiful, interesting videos, documentaries in the Omnimax theater which I have to say, is a one-of-a-kind experience.
This place shouldn't be missed when you visit Charlotte. It has fun, it has entertainment, it has knowledge, everything.
301 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA
Museum+imax: $18 for adults, $14 for kids.
Weekdays: 9:00am to 4:00pm. (open on Sat/Sun)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Charlotte
- Queen City Tours and TravelThe best and most efficient way to discover Charlotte is by taking Charlotte's Longest-Running Daily City Tour by Queen City Tours and Travel. [...]D: 9.6mi00
- Baoding South ParkExquisite Chinese dishes, unique food arrangements and mouthwatering tastes are all gathered in the Baoding South Park restaurant in the Sharon Corners Mall. Their food smell so good you get hungry just by that and when they bring out your [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Annual Charlotte Black/African-American Heritage Tour and...Celebrate Black History Month by participating in the Annual Charlotte Black/African-American Heritage Tour and Pilgrimage in February -- Black History Month. Additional information @ http://www.queencitytours [...]D: n/a00
- Barrington's RestaurantThough it is a bit tucked away, you should definitely try to find this cozy little place because if you like great American food in a homey environment than Barrington's Restaurant the place for you. We were so happy when we came [...]D: 5mi00
- US National Whitewater CenterThe greatest family-friendly destination is definitely the US National Whitewater Center located a few miles from Charlotte. There are several trips that you can choose from, depending on how much you weigh or how old you are. There are [...]D: 14.7mi00
Things about Charlotte you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
If you are spending your day lounging on the beaches of Leblon or in the vicinity, and you are not particularly stingy, do pay a visit to Zuka, one...
Food: Zuka Restaurant in Rio de Janeiro
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
Want something that combines traditionalism and modernism? Why don’t you try a local pizza? The best traditional pizza (ok, I admit, the only one...
Food: Local Pizza (so tasty)
Food is excellent and they have the best prices in town during happy hour, many things for $1. Unbeatable. Staff is also great, the environment...
Food: Applebee's Neighborhood Bar and Grille
Raleigh, North Carolina
Located in the building which has been the Seaboard Train Station years ago, the 18 Seaboard Restaurant offers a wide variety of tasty food in a...
Food: 18 Seaboard Restaurant
San Antonio, Texas
Featuring traditional Mexican food and oysters the La Margarita is a homey little restaurant in the heart of Market Square. With a really friendly...
Food: La Margarita