Discovery Place, Charlotte, North Carolina
Travel tips > North America > United States > Charlotte > Discovery Place
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
Kids and adults can have the time of their lives here in the museum and they can also watch beautiful, interesting videos, documentaries in the Omnimax theater which I have to say, is a one-of-a-kind experience.
This place shouldn't be missed when you visit Charlotte. It has fun, it has entertainment, it has knowledge, everything.
301 N Tryon St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA
Museum+imax: $18 for adults, $14 for kids.
Weekdays: 9:00am to 4:00pm. (open on Sat/Sun)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Charlotte
- The Billy Graham LibraryInspired by and dedicated to an influential man, The Billy Graham Library is about God's love, appreciation and mercy. The library is part of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and can leave you breathless. The many books, [...]D: 7.3mi00
- Chima RestaurantLocated in Center City with a chic design and luxurious atmosphere, the Chima Restaurant offers one of the best Brazilian cuisine in Charlotte. Their dishes are innovative blended with traditional recipes providing an unforgettable [...]D: 9.3mi00
- Big Daddy's Burger BarFor a quick snack or a more comfortable meal, Big Daddy's Burger Bar can offer any of it. They have so tasty burgers you will surely not eat anywhere else in town after you tried them. They are located on East Boulevard and on John [...]D: 7.4mi00
- SouthPark MallFor some brand or souvenir shopping we went to the SouthPark Mall, because we figured we could everything in one place so we wouldn't have to wander around the town to find something. They have fashion, market brand stores, souvenir [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Carowinds Amusement ParkYou should definitely visit Carowinds Amusement Park in Charlotte if you are with children, because they will just love it! I went there with some friends and their families and we had so much fun. The children were excited from the moment [...]D: 4.5mi00
Things about Charlotte you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
It´s an open air museum from stone age and bronze age times (4.000 to 850 BC). You can see there a lot of historic and authentic reconstructed...
History & Culture: Museum of neolithic settlement
The home of FC Barcelona who play in La Liga (1st Division). Try to catch a football game here in this stadium of nearly 80,000, even if you're...
Night Life & Entertainment: Nou Camp
The best science museum for all ages. We visited the Columbus COSI ( Center of Science and Industry) a few weeks back and we had a really great...
Family & Fun: Columbus COSI
Though a little bit expensive, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is a major attraction for those who love country music. To those who are...
History & Culture: Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
The Historic Bok Sanctuary is actually a huge garden which include several botanical gardens, and carillon tower and various other facilities. The...
Outdoors Activities: Bok Tower Gardens
Located between the suburbs and downtown Philadelphia, this Crown Plaza Hotel is a comfortable and quite affordable lodging with the necessary...
General: Crown Plaza Philadelphia West
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
Sacramento's finest restaurant which leaves with a longing to return, The Kitchen conquered not only the locals but its visiting customers too....
Food: The Kitchen
Going to visit family n friends in paradise!
General: Family n friends