The famous Murals, Belfast, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > Belfast > The famous Murals
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
They divide the city into republican and loyalist territories, or Irish and English, or Catholic and Protestant, as you like it, since the beginning of the period called The Troubles. They commemorate events and people and also are territory borders.
Not a long time ago it wasn't safe at all to just walk into the 'opposite' region, but now there is no such problem, especially for tourists.
You can go on foot and see them or you can also take one of the famous black cabs of Belfast and take a mural tour, it's not very cheap, but much more comfortable than walking.
All over Belfast.
Recent travel tips for United Kingdom
- Morocco Guided Tours - Morocco Desert ToursSahara Magic Tours is a Team of a Berbere Nomade Friends. we have spent all our life within the surroundings of sahara and the southern deserts of Morocco. With fifteen years experience as a guide, we would love to share with you the [...]D: n/a00
- Going to London by FerryYou can chose to go to London by ferry, from Dover (the main port at the English Chanel), to London there are only 123 Km. Dover is conected by ferry with Calais, in France, the journey takes about 1 hour and a half but I recommended for [...]D: n/a00
- Free ConcertsThere are some extraordinary organ concerts in Westminster Abbey on every Sunday afternoon from 17:45. They take approximately half an hour and the acoustic is amazing in the Abbey. There are various well-known artists who are playing and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- London EyeIf you really want to enjoy a sighseeing in London I would recommanded for you a ride on London Eye. You need to book the tickets before(minimum 2 days before) to get one and you'll must stay in a line for 2-3 hours, but after all this [...]D: 2.3mi00
- The Dali UniverseThe Dali Universe is advertised with the headline 'Enter in the mind of the genius'. You can view the Dali exhibition at County Hall in London. It is a wonderful exhibition, but unfortunately cameras and picture taking is forbidden. However [...]D: 2.9mi10
Things about Belfast you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
If you would ask me which attractions do I recommend you if you visit Sopron, it would be a hard question, because you can spend hours in the old...
Sightseeing: Walking in the old city center
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin is a coastline city, therefore the sea is only a stone-throw away so you can lay on the sun all day, go swimming and tan every day. ...
Beaches : The Beach Resort
A definite must-visit in Anchorage for lunch or dinner is the Glacier Brewhouse on West Avenue. The food is simply amazing, there is no other word...
Food: Glacier Brewhouse
Santa Barbara, California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara