The famous Murals, Belfast, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > Belfast > The famous Murals
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
They divide the city into republican and loyalist territories, or Irish and English, or Catholic and Protestant, as you like it, since the beginning of the period called The Troubles. They commemorate events and people and also are territory borders.
Not a long time ago it wasn't safe at all to just walk into the 'opposite' region, but now there is no such problem, especially for tourists.
You can go on foot and see them or you can also take one of the famous black cabs of Belfast and take a mural tour, it's not very cheap, but much more comfortable than walking.
All over Belfast.
Recent travel tips for United Kingdom
- FlyAfrica Travel AgencyAfrican Travel Agency Few places on the blue planet offer an excellent level of variety to get you close to the wildlife, experience the vibe of flourishing cities as well as enjoy surfing with some of the highest waves you can ever [...]D: 1mi00
- For the Whole FamilyMake sure you have a whole day for the amazing River and Rowing Museum if you are in Henley on Themes or in the area. It is very large and has many interesting exhibitions and galleries. My favorites are the Themes Gallery, with a wonderful [...]D: 0.1mi20
- Going to London by FerryYou can chose to go to London by ferry, from Dover (the main port at the English Chanel), to London there are only 123 Km. Dover is conected by ferry with Calais, in France, the journey takes about 1 hour and a half but I recommended for [...]D: n/a00
- Pitt Rivers MuseumThe Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford has a great display of culturaland archeological items. Everything is categorized by topic, so it is easier for the visitor to understand what he/she is seeing. There are collections of Religious items, [...]D: 7.7mi20
- Westmindster AbbeyWestmindster Abbey is the traditional place for the coronation of the English monarchs since William the Conqueror in 1066. The gothic cathedral is 170 m long, 25 m wide and 34 m high. Many of the country's kings and queens, artists and [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about Belfast you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
Kressbronn Am Bodensee, Germany
Wenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen....
General: Strandbad am Bodensee
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Vietnamese Private Tours; May 2015: Visit Cambodia with this very interesting tour suit for families, Youngers and individuals, the 12 Days...
Family & Fun: Visit world largest religious structure, the Angkor wat
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
When you think of cathedrals images of beautiful, baroque or Renaissance buildings come into your mind, like the dome of Notre Dame. The Cathedral...
Sightseeing: The Cathedral of Christ the Light