The famous Murals, Belfast, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > Belfast > The famous Murals
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
They divide the city into republican and loyalist territories, or Irish and English, or Catholic and Protestant, as you like it, since the beginning of the period called The Troubles. They commemorate events and people and also are territory borders.
Not a long time ago it wasn't safe at all to just walk into the 'opposite' region, but now there is no such problem, especially for tourists.
You can go on foot and see them or you can also take one of the famous black cabs of Belfast and take a mural tour, it's not very cheap, but much more comfortable than walking.
All over Belfast.
Recent travel tips for United Kingdom
- The best place to shop in the UK !!!!!While I was at my internship for six months in awesome awesome UK, I thought shopping would definitely be out of the subject – due to the currency at that point of time (SGD1 – 3 pounds). What more, home to stores like Marks and [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Museum of ChildhoodMy favorite of all the museums of London is the V & A Museum of Childhood. They have a collection of 8,000 dolls, Britain's biggest doll house collection with very old pieces and many other interesting exhibitions about games, the history [...]D: 4.5mi00
- The Dali UniverseThe Dali Universe is advertised with the headline 'Enter in the mind of the genius'. You can view the Dali exhibition at County Hall in London. It is a wonderful exhibition, but unfortunately cameras and picture taking is forbidden. However [...]D: 2.9mi10
- An Exclusive Mauritius Island VacationMauritius island vacation will take you to that mesmerizing dream island with turquoise tranquil waters, classy beach resorts, wonderful shopping options and a fascinating unique culture. [...]D: 10.4mi10
- Greenwich ObservatoryGreenwich Royal Observatory was amazing. It is perfect for families with children or those who just like astronomy. You only have to pay for the admission to the Planetarium shows, the rest, the Royal Observatory, the Queen's House and the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Belfast you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
The city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist...
Shopping: Shopping in city
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort