Monument a Colon, Barcelona, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Barcelona > Monument a Colon
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It is located right at the end of las Ramblas. Has a lift that will get you up to the top of the monument, to a hight of 60 m.
It gives you a great view to the whole city. What is interesting, you will find on every window the names of the sights that you can see looking to that direction.
Although it is really great, the space inside is a little small, so you might be prepared if you don't like tight places. :)
How to get there:
It is on the Southern end of the boulevard Las Ramblas.
Recent travel tips for Barcelona
- BaumaThe only good thing I can tell about Bauma is that they have good jazz. The rest is a little strange. Some things are impossibly overpriced, like the beer and the snacks. You pay the same money for a 33 cl bottle and a 25 cl glass of [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Las RamblasLas Ramblas is basically the Champs Elysees of Barcelona and even more. You can find here everything. It is about 2 km long and is lined with trees. Las Ramblas is split up into five sections. One for street artists, one for flower [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Taller de TapasTaller de Tapas in El Born right near Santa Maria del Mar is a great spot for decently priced food. Our delicious, 1/2 bottle of wine cost only 7 Euros. And, all the tapas ranged from 5 to 10 Euros. Not bad, for dining outside in a [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Barcelona Museum of Contemporary ArtsWhile visiting Barcelona one cannot miss the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Arts. The building fits perfectly into the modern image of the city. The museum features the works of Spanish, Catalonian and international artists and has a [...]D: n/a00
- Free barcelona travel guideFor my holiday, i found a page where i can download totally free a guide about barcelona, it is written by a local guy living there, very helpful http://www.world-rt.com/travel/download-guide-book.php so just would like to share with other [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Barcelona you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It might be bizarre to recommend a cemetery as a sight, but it's my best place in the whole city. A lot of Argentina's famous and wealthy people...
History & Culture: Recoleta Cemetery
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
The Great Synagogue is the largest in Europe. It is situated in Erzsebet Town, and built in Byzantine-Moorish style with beautiful arches and...
History & Culture: Synagogue and Jewish Museum
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant