La Pedrera, Barcelona, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Barcelona > La Pedrera
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building itself does not have one straight line, it's all like waves everywhere. It chimneys look like soldier helmets and the balconies are made of iron following the sand-dune like aspect of the building.
It was originally designed to be a block of flats. Many people didn't want to move in saying that their furniture would not fit because of the wave-like walls.
Now there is a flat called El Pis which is decorated as in the time it was inhabited. It serves now as a museum, very interesting, full of the memories of the Spanish bourgeois of the age.
There is an exhibition about Gaudi's life and work in the attic. It is great, the guy was a genius, I think. :)
There are also a free contemporary art exhibitions on the first floor, opened for the public free of charge.
92 Passeig de Garcia
Every day from 10:00am to 20:00pm.
Recent travel tips for Barcelona
- BaumaThe only good thing I can tell about Bauma is that they have good jazz. The rest is a little strange. Some things are impossibly overpriced, like the beer and the snacks. You pay the same money for a 33 cl bottle and a 25 cl glass of [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Parc de la CiutadellaThis great park was once a fortress damaged in 1878. Now it is a beautiful garden and home of exhibitions. The best place in Barcelona to spend a relaxing, sunny afternoon. You can find in the park museums of zoology and geology. The [...]D: 1.1mi20
- Top places to visit in BarcelonaTop places to visit in Barcelona as I see it: - Parc Güell - Ramblas - Sagrada Familia - Beaches – all of them, Port Olimpic included! - Cathedral and Born quarter - Encants vells - old traditional market near Glories square You [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Barcelona guideThe best that i can found to get local informations is http://www.world-rt.com/ written by a local guy, it helps a lot to plan our daily vacation [...]D: 0.2mi40
- Monument a ColonThe Monument a Colon was built in 1888 for the Universal Exhibition. As its name suggests, the monument was raised to commemorate the discovery of America and the discoverer, Christopher Columbus. It is located right at the end of las [...]D: 0.2mi10
Things about Barcelona you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
DHAKA CITY TOUR (HALF DAY) Normally this tour will be in the morning and will last 3-4 hours. On this tour our experienced guide will show you ...
General: Dhaka travel guide
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
Lille's Citadel is a pentagonal shape wall surrounded by a huge park, and a walkway where I saw numerous persons taking the regular jogging. The...
Sightseeing: Lille's Citadel
The most beautiful thing near my city is lake Baikal. Many tourists come here to see it every year. Lake Baikal is the oldest (25 million years)...
General: Amazing lake Baikal near my city
Buffalo, New York
You get transported back in time during the tour of the Wilcox Mansion, the place where Theodore Roosevelt's short and improvised inauguration...
Sightseeing: Wilcox Mansion
Los Angeles, California
Santa Monica's 3rd Street is a great place to go shopping but also to see a movie or grab coffee. It's a nice walkway with some artists performing...
Shopping: Santa Monica 3rd Street
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
Rustic, European and cozy, this small restaurant serves breakfast, lunch (and brunch) and dinner. Marche Artisan Food has great service not to...
Food: Marché Artisan Food