La Pedrera, Barcelona, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Barcelona > La Pedrera
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building itself does not have one straight line, it's all like waves everywhere. It chimneys look like soldier helmets and the balconies are made of iron following the sand-dune like aspect of the building.
It was originally designed to be a block of flats. Many people didn't want to move in saying that their furniture would not fit because of the wave-like walls.
Now there is a flat called El Pis which is decorated as in the time it was inhabited. It serves now as a museum, very interesting, full of the memories of the Spanish bourgeois of the age.
There is an exhibition about Gaudi's life and work in the attic. It is great, the guy was a genius, I think. :)
There are also a free contemporary art exhibitions on the first floor, opened for the public free of charge.
92 Passeig de Garcia
Every day from 10:00am to 20:00pm.
Recent travel tips for Barcelona
- Monument a ColonThe Monument a Colon was built in 1888 for the Universal Exhibition. As its name suggests, the monument was raised to commemorate the discovery of America and the discoverer, Christopher Columbus. It is located right at the end of las [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Taller de TapasTaller de Tapas in El Born right near Santa Maria del Mar is a great spot for decently priced food. Our delicious, 1/2 bottle of wine cost only 7 Euros. And, all the tapas ranged from 5 to 10 Euros. Not bad, for dining outside in a [...]D: 0.7mi00
- BaumaThe only good thing I can tell about Bauma is that they have good jazz. The rest is a little strange. Some things are impossibly overpriced, like the beer and the snacks. You pay the same money for a 33 cl bottle and a 25 cl glass of [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Top places to visit in BarcelonaTop places to visit in Barcelona as I see it: - Parc Güell - Ramblas - Sagrada Familia - Beaches – all of them, Port Olimpic included! - Cathedral and Born quarter - Encants vells - old traditional market near Glories square You [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Barcelona guideThe best that i can found to get local informations is http://www.world-rt.com/ written by a local guy, it helps a lot to plan our daily vacation [...]D: 0.2mi40
Things about Barcelona you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
The most beautiful thing near my city is lake Baikal. Many tourists come here to see it every year. Lake Baikal is the oldest (25 million years)...
General: Amazing lake Baikal near my city
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Exquisite and unique food, environment and ambiance is what we experienced at One Fish-Two Fish Restaurant on West Great Neck Road. The...
Food: One Fish-Two Fish Restaurant