La Pedrera, Barcelona, Spain
Travel tips > Europe > Spain > Barcelona > La Pedrera
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The building itself does not have one straight line, it's all like waves everywhere. It chimneys look like soldier helmets and the balconies are made of iron following the sand-dune like aspect of the building.
It was originally designed to be a block of flats. Many people didn't want to move in saying that their furniture would not fit because of the wave-like walls.
Now there is a flat called El Pis which is decorated as in the time it was inhabited. It serves now as a museum, very interesting, full of the memories of the Spanish bourgeois of the age.
There is an exhibition about Gaudi's life and work in the attic. It is great, the guy was a genius, I think. :)
There are also a free contemporary art exhibitions on the first floor, opened for the public free of charge.
92 Passeig de Garcia
Every day from 10:00am to 20:00pm.
Recent travel tips for Barcelona
- Top places to visit in BarcelonaTop places to visit in Barcelona as I see it: - Parc Güell - Ramblas - Sagrada Familia - Beaches – all of them, Port Olimpic included! - Cathedral and Born quarter - Encants vells - old traditional market near Glories square You [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Parc de la CiutadellaThis great park was once a fortress damaged in 1878. Now it is a beautiful garden and home of exhibitions. The best place in Barcelona to spend a relaxing, sunny afternoon. You can find in the park museums of zoology and geology. The [...]D: 1.1mi20
- BaumaThe only good thing I can tell about Bauma is that they have good jazz. The rest is a little strange. Some things are impossibly overpriced, like the beer and the snacks. You pay the same money for a 33 cl bottle and a 25 cl glass of [...]D: 0.8mi00
- CDLC (Carpe Diem Lounge Club)It is the best place for anyone who loves parties and beach atmosphere. There is an amazing garden on the beach with great cocktails and great music in the inside. You can also dance inside and there are nice lounges as well. The whole [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Montserrat ShrineIf you spend some time in Barcelona, you can take a one day trip to the nearby Montserrat Shrine. The monastery is one of the most popular sites for pilgrimage in Spain. The statue of the Black Madonna, or La Moreneta is the saint protector [...]D: 0.2mi10
Things about Barcelona you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
This Museum is a great place to know more about the Chinese origin in Johor Bahru. This would be the ideal place if you would like to know more...
History & Culture: Chinese Heritage Muesum
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
House of Ong is a bar that is situated in the neighbour hood of Jalan selaseh. It is a small and rather quiet bar for people to just relax and have...
Night Life & Entertainment: House of Ong (Bar)
Christian and pagan, ancient and newer artifacts are gathered at the world's largest museum, at the Istanbul Archeology Museum. As Turkey's...
History & Culture: Istanbul Archeology Museum
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris Ltd, specialist Tour Operator in Arusha Tanzania. Offers wildlife safaris,african safaris,vacation holidays, tanzania...
General: Tanzania holidays destinations
Rothko Chapel is a wonderful place. It was founded in 1970 by Dominique and John Menil. The chapel does not belong to any denomination, or better...
History & Culture: Rothko Chapel in Houston